Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:22:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS to create own coin. How can we convince to use Bitcoin?  (Read 15996 times)
C0ins_R_U5

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:35:26 AM

Attempting to make it easier to fund terrorism so you can profit make you a terrible person

hahah just ask the US government

lol.  sad but true.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:51:55 AM

We all know how Isis is being funded and its good old dolla dolla bill yallz....
Ffs people... Fool me once..... Fooled me you can't get fooled again!!!
valvalis

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:24:11 AM

i hope ISIS not adopt bitcoin as their currency.
I think when ISIS adopt bitcoin much people will not believe bitcoin any more and then leave bitcoin.

█▌▐█
▄██████▄▄
  ▀████████▄
     ▀███████
       ▀██████
         ▀█████
           ████
         ▄█████
       ▄█████
     ▄███████
  ▄████████▀
▀██████▀▀
  █▌▐█
..DeFiXy.......████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███   ██████████████   ███████   █████████   ██   █████   ██████████████████   ████
.$0.50.
███████   ██   █████████   ██   ███████████   ███████████   ███████████   █████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.......JOIN NOW..
Kimowa

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:58:48 AM

BTC would probably be a inferior choice to cash, anyway.  It's arguably easier to track where BTC goes than cash, or to shuffle it around in silence.

Yes, they should use Monero instead.
Most altcons (monero included) have too small of a trading volume for the ISIS to effectively be able to deal with as (I assume) they would want to deal in large enough quantities that would cause large movements in the market to be able to tell when they are buying or selling

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:09:29 PM

Though it would be quite fun to make an ISIScoin crypto, get a load of radicals to buy into it, thinking they are funding ISIS, then dump the sucker through the floor.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 03:13:10 PM

The fact that this discussion is even being had is downright retarded.

There is no discussion here.

It is one troll saying "derp derp!?"

And EVERYONE else saying "WTF?"

Many trolls are learning form this thread about how to start a classic troll thread.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:37:59 PM

We all know how Isis is being funded and its good old dolla dolla bill yallz....

IS receives it's funding from several sources. Initially most of the money came from wealthy patrons in gulf states and from unwitting charitable donations. Once they started winning on the battlefield they developed new revenue from looting antiquities and eventually from selling oil at captured refineries. They also sell slaves and captured military equipment.

The oil is sold in Turkey for gold using intermediaries in the gulf and even to Assad's regime. I think that is why the Caliphate is going with gold coins. Of course, they also will practice Islamic banking. They will not allow loans (usury), as it is a sin in Islam. It used to be a sin in Christianity also, but so did all sorts of things we do everyday. Christians just ignore many of their Gods laws now.

What can we do about it? Hmmm. if I were a player in the CIA I would start printing identical gold plated coins. I would insert millions of them into the region and destroy the trust that one must have using gold coins. If you can't prove a coin is gold then you are a lot less likely to accept it.

EDIT: Hey next time I'm in the area I'll see if I can get a wax impression of one of these coins! Maybe I'll make some phony ones for fun? I think that is legal? I'll be there in a few months.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:07:13 PM

IS receives it's funding from several sources. Initially most of the money came from wealthy patrons in gulf states and from unwitting charitable donations. Once they started winning on the battlefield they developed new revenue from looting antiquities and eventually from selling oil at captured refineries. They also sell slaves and captured military equipment.

The oil is sold in Turkey for gold using intermediaries in the gulf and even to Assad's regime. I think that is why the Caliphate is going with gold coins. Of course, they also will practice Islamic banking. They will not allow loans (usury), as it is a sin in Islam. It used to be a sin in Christianity also, but so did all sorts of things we do everyday. Christians just ignore many of their Gods laws now.

What can we do about it? Hmmm. if I were a player in the CIA I would start printing identical gold plated coins. I would insert millions of them into the region and destroy the trust that one must have using gold coins. If you can't prove a coin is gold then you are a lot less likely to accept it.

EDIT: Hey next time I'm in the area I'll see if I can get a wax impression of one of these coins! Maybe I'll make some phony ones for fun? I think that is legal? I'll be there in a few months.

You forgot the kidnapping business. They also have a worldwide support from avarage people. Some "activists" robbed Churches and Schools in Germany to send the funds to ISIS for instance.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:11:27 PM

Fly to their territory with a flip chart and some presentation packs, barge into the local mosque, introduce yourself and hope for the best. Should be fun.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:42:53 PM

Are you joking, as soon as the headlines "ISIS now using bitcoin" gets thrown around a bit just watch the price start falling.

Are you joking, as soon as the headlines "ISIS now using bitcoin" gets thrown around a bit just watch the price start falling.

Exactly!

You guys are fucking idiots.

In other news.... Earth supplies ISIS with food, water and air.... so let's boycott the earth! Bitcoin is a decentralized system that anyone can use. Just like air and the internet... it is there, no one owns it, and anyone can use it. This is what makes it great, and also why criminals are attracted to it.

Bitcoin used to be only associated with Silk Road before people realized that it's much more than shady internet currency for drugs and illegal activities.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:58:31 PM

Fly to their territory with a flip chart and some presentation packs, barge into the local mosque, introduce yourself and hope for the best. Should be fun.

We might even get to see you in a video!  *nudge nudge wink wink*
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:00:21 PM

Now now, he's excited enough about these guys already, he'd about lose his head if they made him a star on liveleak.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:31:52 PM

Attempting to make it easier to fund terrorism so you can profit make you a terrible person

Lol...thats the first thing that came to my mind after reading the headline...! I think it BTC can only receive negative publicity if ISIS start using them.!! N in anyways they have their own agendas for releasing a new currency..n somehow I dont see them as ppl really keen on technology other than weaponry..! no way they use BTC's..!! :p

tenthirtyone

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:46:03 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/world/meast/isis-currency/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

ISIS is planning to mint its own currency in gold, silver and copper, the group said Thursday.
Its aim is to stay away from the "tyrant's financial system," ISIS said in a statement. It said it would issue another statement to explain the new currency's exchange rate, and where it can be found.

Sounds like they are printing their own kind of FIAT. More scamcoin. I think this is a great opportunity to show them Bitcoin and get some users from the Middle East. The anonymity and low fees are sure to be a turn on. How can we spread the word and help Bitcoin go TO THE MOON!?

You're a freaking retard of the highest proportions. Why the hell would you want ISIS to use Bitcoin? Hell no they shouldn't use Bitcoin.

Stupid OP.

Um. I would rather ISIS use bitcoin than the US government...

Truthfully I would prefer both but I got a good laugh out of "We don't want the little governments fighting for land to use Bitcoin" compared to asking permission from the big governments that already have land
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:38:52 PM

ISIS is planning to mint its own currency in gold, silver and copper, the group said Thursday.
Its aim is to stay away from the "tyrant's financial system," ISIS said in a statement. It said it would issue another statement to explain the new currency's exchange rate, and where it can be found.

Sounds like they are printing their own kind of FIAT. More scamcoin. I think this is a great opportunity to show them Bitcoin and get some users from the Middle East. The anonymity and low fees are sure to be a turn on. How can we spread the word and help Bitcoin go TO THE MOON!?

You're a freaking retard of the highest proportions. Why the hell would you want ISIS to use Bitcoin? Hell no they shouldn't use Bitcoin.

Stupid OP.

Um. I would rather ISIS use bitcoin than the US government...

Truthfully I would prefer both but I got a good laugh out of "We don't want the little governments fighting for land to use Bitcoin" compared to asking permission from the big governments that already have land

Then you're one retarded Motherfucker. ISIS publicly using Bitcoin will be the End of Bitcoin(Price and Adoption Wise).
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:40:47 PM

I don't care.
shanecoins

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:28:03 PM

Wow you people sound like the Banksters, hypocrites all of you. Bitcoin is neutral. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

"Fuck the Government, Bitcoin is for all! Except ISIS you're on the naughty list." Slippery slope.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:33:26 PM

His as the sole zymattenimen.  It's as his sole zymanattenimen it's a word.  Beware as the Buddha trusts, but not His goal.

i am here.
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:01:58 AM

Wow you people sound like the Banksters, hypocrites all of you. Bitcoin is neutral. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

"Fuck the Government, Bitcoin is for all! Except ISIS you're on the naughty list." Slippery slope.

You're a fucking muppet!
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:28:17 AM

I THINK YOU ARE CONFUSED. RETHINK YOUR LIFE. COME BACK.

There might be alot of evil people and tyrans out in the middle east, but the isis state is a completely faschistic organisation using old cultural symbols of a religion comparable to the regime of North Korea. Its using its power to get into space, where fallen tyrans had their playground.

I dont think they are building fibre lines there. Just giving bread and water to people left without structure of a state (infrastructere like canalisation,roads,parks,schools,libraries,civic center,public transport,hospital,insurance,banking etc....), left in chaos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: