Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:38:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which alts are left that have some serious promise and WHY?? in DETAIL.  (Read 11073 times)
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:01:46 AM

I've dug what Node has pulled off so far.

The communication from the devs has been diabolical at times but they've been slow and steady and have always delivered eventually. That's the polar opposite of how most system creators have conducted themselves.

Coin transfers are super fast and they have some unique plans for fiat integration. The wallet interface feels like something designed for real people rather than tech experts. The NXT interface is amazing but would scare the shit out of a regular person.

It's tiny right now and time will tell where it goes, but I think it's a very promising slow burn.

I think they will fail just like ethereum

NODE is there and works right now, Ethereum does not. Having said that I doubt its going to amount big, just remain as a niche product. Of course, if properly done that still would make a good marketcap.

I guess you can say Ethereum works now too, its just named Counterparty Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:10:31 AM

what about maidsafe?  worth grabbing a bit up? or wait and see?

I think its a good investment, although I would wait for a price decrease. Its one of the few projects showing any real work being done.

Bitshares and NXT right now are at their lowest prices in recent past. NXT has been on a steady decline so I am not that bullish. Bitshares went down due to the internal manipulations so has a higher short term upside.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:59:01 AM

Bitshares went down due to the internal manipulations so has a higher short term upside.

Could you elaborate on "internal manipulations" ?

I also think Bitshares is a great buy. In fact I just bought some. I think the concept of colateralised assets is awsome. It's the first true cryptocurrency solution I've ever seen that squarely addresses the volatility problem for retailers. It's an immensly elegant approach I think while at the same time giving crypto-world "risk takers" looking for big gains exactly what they want. I just think it's genius.

I'm also bullish on NXT. It is so unique and so prolific now I doubt it's going to do anything other than consolidate its hold on the digital asset world. There will be others but it is so organic that it will grow for a very long time into the future. It might take a while for that to reflect in the price though because there are a lot of big holders who use low prices as a high liquidity cashout opportunity. All the same, it too turned into an awsome product.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:01:15 PM

Take just one look at the nxt fourm and tell me that it's not going off over there

What do you mean by "going off" ? "Going off" as in milk turning sour ? Or going off as in "taking off" ?
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:23:41 PM

NXT,NEM,NODE and XMR with real devs and good innovation.
dararel

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:42:40 PM

Weed coin the best coin to people who want see profit in short term becous this market can use this coin today without regulation!

WEED Coins!!!!  Best coins to make profit in short term 1-3 mounth next pump and now very cheap 
               sat last price   sat                                                                          invest
 Hempcoin-80            last pick 600 very good Devs  nwe update soon     250mil total    1000-2000$

Dope      -50              300       420mil total  150-300$

Ganja      220            2000      2.2mil total  this coin now sleep)) invest not to much  50-100$

Maryjane  250            7500     15mil    very good coin but very young and Devs team no work hard becouse have real weedbisness.   1000-2000$
CannaCoin 5000           20000    12mil   old weed coin   300-500$

Cannabis   2000           14500    125mil   300-500$   good potential Devs good rush this coin to the moon

Potcoin     600             3000      420mil    150-300$
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:21:59 PM

Take just one look at the nxt fourm and tell me that it's not going off over there

Yeah, NXT is looking so damn good for the long term. The eco-system is growing like crazy, core features are solid, more devs, several older projects coming on-line properly.
Oh, yeah, and NXT in space.....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:37:47 PM

I'm personally pretty impressed by Gems, i think they have a pretty solid concept to succeed with a dev team who actually attends meeting and conferences which has been a while we have seen that since Litecoins Charlie Lee. What is important is that they are pretty well received by Bitcoin aswell.

click on the GIF to see the video!

- Interview at salon talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdNc8RSyft0
- Interview letstalkbitcoin http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-161-the-mine-and-the-pick
- There will be a Epicenter Bitcoin podcast recording on November 23.
- They attended insidebitcoins Tel-Aviv: http://www.coindesk.com/gems-bitcoin-app-lets-users-earn-money-social-messaging/
- They will be attending insidebitcoins Paris 20-21 November, 2014 (http://insidebitcoins.fr/en/)

Also what i like is that they will store the money in multi-sig wallets with BitGo, and Adam from Counterparty releasing the funds in a milestone based requirement tier. So they get paid per development.

I like this
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 07:27:44 PM

DARKCOIN for sure.
It is the unique competitor of BTC IMO
+1 thelonecrouton +2 Toknormal

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
VampiricElder

Activity: 495

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 09:43:11 PM

Bitbay
louie6925

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:07:32 PM

Aerocoin for me! Always invest in the dev not the coin, Majika is hard working and passionate, AeroMe on its way which will impact the whole of crypto! growing community which is vibrant and active and have the best community forum at www.aerotalk.net where you can find out everything in one place! Too much to list here!

On top of that we have some exciting projects going on behind the scenes which is going to force aero forwards and also bring more people into crypto! It's not just talk it's really happening! I know cos I'm involved!! Grin

notlogic

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 12:39:01 AM

NXT,NEM,NODE and XMR with real devs and good innovation.

Fully agree on XMR. Extremely secure/anonymous protocol, CPU mining, nice price, good volume, a major exchange has 15 XMR markets... I could go on and on.
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:14:30 AM

BURST.  Completely new algorithm for securing the blockchain, based on proof of storage capacity rather than proof of computation.  Much more efficient than existing cryptocurrencies, lower marginal cost for mining, therefore lower transaction costs.  Forked from and tracking NXT, so it's got all of NXT's sophisticated transactions, as well as a few besides.
bobster

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 03:03:17 AM

Perhaps look at some of the metrics at CoinGecko and make an evaluation of coins that have potential?
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:07:07 AM

Perhaps look at some of the metrics at CoinGecko and make an evaluation of coins that have potential?

For a quick glance this is OK however people really need to visit individual forums and gather conclusions themselves.  Bitcoin has a huge first mover advantage thus currency only coins such as Doge, litecoin, XMR, etc.. will have on difficult time in the longer term.  Not impossible, just a high barrier of entry.

Research all the "2.0" tech and throw some investment that direction along with BTC.  BitShares, Counterparty, Nxt, Peercoin, etc...  Take a look at THEIR forums, github repositories, and the wallets themselves to form a conclusion.
sukiho

Activity: 514

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:14:12 AM

Im thinking darkcoin, its saves on the tumbling fees on the dark markets so it could become widely used on them
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:40:15 AM

If you have not heard about Aero I think that you should go and check it out, with the community it has and the growth of it everyday i think that it could become a great coin. The owner is giving free Aero just for posting on their AeroTalk forum site, all you gotta do is sign up and make some posts. The coin is on Bitrex and Crypsy, I think this coin is very undervalued. Please just go and check out the community and the coin.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 06:46:26 AM

All I know is that NeosCoin (http://www.neoscoin.com) is so cheap right now, with great potential because there's not even decent subReddit and marketing is still not enforced. They have the best wallet you saw, they have anonymous payments written from scratch.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
minerboy

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:50:56 AM

Opal has a really strong foundation and Devs that have a great direction. Check out o-pool.com. It is holding value and on the rise consistently.
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 06:52:15 AM

I would say darkcoin, that dev is on point, always improving. With it being adopted to two certain marketplaces as well I think it has great potential.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: