Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:33:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which alts are left that have some serious promise and WHY?? in DETAIL.  (Read 11073 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:17:11 PM

Come on let's be serious now, which coins really have a chance now? and why? be very specific in the details.

Corgi is dead i guess, but doge continues to thrive.

Some of the older alts seem to be hanging on just through nostalgia really.

The new techie coins??

Which really will provide something "must have" and individual that will see them shine from this cesspool of shit.

So many make a semi-convincing case based upon their tech.

Which devs teams are tried tested and have a goal that will set them apart from the rest.

Who have the best dev teams here that are active and get results.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:23:04 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 04:22:52 PM by devphp

All cryptos are in bear market for the next 12 months, if you want to find a get rich quick crypto, you will fail. All of them will be either in decline or moving sideways till the end of 2015. Yes, Bitcoin too. Bear markets usually last long enough to shake out all the weak hands. 2 years is the minimum they last, it's been a bear market since beginning of 2014, another year to go like that, and all the weak hands will be shaken out.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:22:00 PM

How often do the earliest adopters go into the red?  BTSx could hit $11 million and the earliest adopters would still have made a lot of money, probably.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:45:24 PM

I still think if the head-in-the-sand Lakota tribal leaders would wake up and adopt Mazacoin it would take the world by storm.
TaunSew

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:48:41 PM

I still think if the head-in-the-sand Lakota tribal leaders would wake up and adopt Mazacoin it would take the world by storm.

Bagholder?   Roll Eyes

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:51:03 PM

I can't find any at the moment.
Most altcoins are here for people to trade in and out to make money.
No one will hold any altcoin for long term unless they are bagholding.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:51:46 PM

Shameless plug for NuShares. Current market cap is less than 2 million, with the first dividend payment likely coming within 2 weeks ( if you own NSR at that time you will receive some). NuBits volume is #3 in all cryptocurrency right now, at over $1m. More exchanges are supporting NuBits & or NuShares every week, sales for NuBits are only going to increase, which means dividends will likely come faster. With a team and development as professional as Nu (see for yourself at NuBits.com, there's been several new client upgrades since it released less than two months ago) and such a small market cap, it has a ton of room to grow. Seems like a no brainer.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:52:10 PM

Bagholder?   Roll Eyes

I sold mine off along time ago but as cheap as it is it is worth buying a few million and holding for a year.
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 05:23:42 PM

I would add AppleByte to the list. Below is a post from another thread celebrating our six month anniversary. The coin is in the top 100 (#86) on coinmarketcap.com and #17 on CoinGecko in terms of community size. We have a real user community (90% have never used a crypto before). The Devs have been public, known by their real names and could be reached directly from day one. We just posted a six month report on our progress in another thread:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Here is a copy of that post:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AppleByte is six months old today!
From the beginning we have said we are building for the longterm, and we are pleased with our progress to date.

To be successful longterm, a coin needs to meet the needs of three separate groups:

1. Real users - in our case, the community of artists (actors, filmakers, musicians, visual artists, etc) & art lovers worldwide
2. Miners - essential to supporting the network
3. Investors/Traders - because they are the ones who make the market - without them, who will the users & merchants sell the coins to

Our success to date is reflected in our price and growing industry recognition

We are one of the very few coins that has risen consistently in price this year (with normal volatility) and there have been no pumps & dumps.  

Recent industry recognition:

A nice twitter acknowledgement from a friend in NYC

GoCoin Chairman & Co-founder, Brock Pierce twitter acknowledgement

Update on longterm plan:

Real users

- our social media reach is now over 13,000 - 80% artists & art lovers, 20% crypto fans
 - they can mine, using the CPU on their laptops, and receive coins everyday, due to the bonus we pay CPU & GPU miners in the official pool
 - we promote AppleByte artists using our social media & forum, helping to build their careers
 - artist awards and scholarships given by the AppleByte Foundation
 - we provide places to spend AppleBytes (prepaid AppleByte VISA card, AMC Movie gift cards, Starbucks gift cards, restaurant gift cards, etc (subsidized by the AppleByte Foundation)

- in current development: A twitter tipping app & and a site to sell music for AppleBytes

Miners
 - to support the broadest spectrum of miners, we limit the maximum hash per user on the official pool to 25mhs, keeping it profitable for GPU users, while accepting some ASICS
 - we held back the release of the linux source, to keep out the large multipools

Investors/Traders
 - listed on Poloniex on launch day
 - added Bittrex, 10/31/14
 - no pump & dump (Devs were paid in Bitcoin) not ABY

The reality of longterm altcoin success is that all the members of Bitcointalk combined are not enough people to build a longterm user community. The real users are outside Bitcointalk. Without real users, altcoins are nothing but pump & dumps. Think about it, how many "technological breakthrough" coins have come and gone this year?

Longterm success comes from outside. For example, no matter what your opinion of Doge, they proved the users are elsewhere, and built a real community outside these forums. I applaud them for that. And with the GoCoin/Bitpay/Paypal deal, they are here to stay.

Thanks to all of you who supported AppleByte, and helped us build the foundation of success that we have today.
If you have not joined us, I invite you to do your own diligence and join us if you believe we are on the right track.

JM Cabaniss
AppleByte Founder
(You can reach me direct at: jmc<at>applebyte.me. My name & the names of our lead technical developers have been public from prelaunch

More AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:46:37 PM

I've dug what Node has pulled off so far.

The communication from the devs has been diabolical at times but they've been slow and steady and have always delivered eventually. That's the polar opposite of how most system creators have conducted themselves.

Coin transfers are super fast and they have some unique plans for fiat integration. The wallet interface feels like something designed for real people rather than tech experts. The NXT interface is amazing but would scare the shit out of a regular person.

It's tiny right now and time will tell where it goes, but I think it's a very promising slow burn and it'll stand somewhere outside the usual alt cesspit.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:53:00 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 06:05:34 PM by gentlemand

I've dug what Node has pulled off so far.

The communication from the devs has been diabolical at times but they've been slow and steady and have always delivered eventually. That's the polar opposite of how most system creators have conducted themselves.

Coin transfers are super fast and they have some unique plans for fiat integration. The wallet interface feels like something designed for real people rather than tech experts. The NXT interface is amazing but would scare the shit out of a regular person.

It's tiny right now and time will tell where it goes, but I think it's a very promising slow burn.

I think they will fail just like ethereum

Anything's possible, but it's here right now, it's working and it doesn't take a PhD to comprehend or use it.

I've fiddled with NXT, NEM and Node.

They're all very impressive but if I was to use one as an actual payment system type thing, right now Node would be the one for me. Whether that becomes a day to day reality is yet to be known.
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:20:22 PM

If I could pick a coin thats out today that might be worth $50 in the future I would pick Dark coin. Just because its been added to those underground drug market sites. One of those sites that takes Dark is now Silk road 3. So all those n00bs that found out about the Darknet from the news last week might say "hmm I better buy some of that dark coin for an extra layer of security".

When the first Silk Road was busted the escrow wallet had 30,000 BTC, thats only a weeks worth of sales, and that was a year ago. More and more people are finding out there's an Amazon for illegal goods and they are signing up. If DRK can cut into 5%-10% of that or more it could go to da moon.

Its the only coin other than BTC that I hold and put away.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:52:52 PM

what about maidsafe?  worth grabbing a bit up? or wait and see?

I bought some block but obviously regretting this now. Again waiting to see with that but less confident than i was before.

Tile?

Nubits as somebody mentioned?

So many new alts with ambition.

Have been told by a few persons on here that i do know can code that the bbr dev is quite a capable guy. Although not much market for that coin right now.

BC seem to have some things in the pipe and now perhaps some funding from the bitbay guys. Dev seems pretty smart both rat and david. David i guess i not really tied to BC only by investment in BC so again not certain on BC.

Bitbay? who knows ?? unknown really right now, just a plan of action. Sounds convincing but so did cloak.

Dark ? perhaps?

XC - again i have a few k of those.... have high hopes still but not quite as certain as i was before.

chicken65

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:21:21 PM

WTF coin
Yup thats my coin of the month  Cool
chicken65

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:22:44 PM

what about maidsafe?  worth grabbing a bit up? or wait and see?

I bought some block but obviously regretting this now. Again waiting to see with that but less confident than i was before.

Tile?

Nubits as somebody mentioned?

So many new alts with ambition.

Have been told by a few persons on here that i do know can code that the bbr dev is quite a capable guy. Although not much market for that coin right now.

BC seem to have some things in the pipe and now perhaps some funding from the bitbay guys. Dev seems pretty smart both rat and david. David i guess i not really tied to BC only by investment in BC so again not certain on BC.

Bitbay? who knows ?? unknown really right now, just a plan of action. Sounds convincing but so did cloak.

Dark ? perhaps?

XC - again i have a few k of those.... have high hopes still but not quite as certain as i was before.

Agreed. Bitbay has very good potential
ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:54:48 PM

Noblecoin and NOXT

A public developer Jason Curby (Rofo in btc talk) and his projects are good candidates. He is a professional - been public since january 2014, linkedin and all his profiles open for public etc and has been quietly working hard on maintaining his projects Noblecoin and NOXT:

Noblecoin ANN:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.0

NobleNXT (NOXT) Pre-ANN:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.0;all

Very professional approach, devoted and steady progress all around. People like him earn the attention and cooperation of professional finances outside of BTC Talk and current community.

Good potential to say the least.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:58:58 AM

If I could pick a coin thats out today that might be worth $50 in the future I would pick Dark coin. Just because its been added to those underground drug market sites. One of those sites that takes Dark is now Silk road 3. So all those n00bs that found out about the Darknet from the news last week might say "hmm I better buy some of that dark coin for an extra layer of security".

When the first Silk Road was busted the escrow wallet had 30,000 BTC, thats only a weeks worth of sales, and that was a year ago. More and more people are finding out there's an Amazon for illegal goods and they are signing up. If DRK can cut into 5%-10% of that or more it could go to da moon.

Its the only coin other than BTC that I hold and put away.

My sig gives away my position... but I hold that position in part for the above reasons. (The other part is the open and transparent nature of Darkcoin's development, and the obvious talent of the dev, who also, amazingly, is a real person, not just some internet twerp with a silly username.)

Sooner or later the BTC zealots are going to get the message that BTC and whichever crappy mixing-service-that-hasn't-run-off-with-the-money-yet this week just doesn't cut it for dark markets. De-pseuodnonymising BTC addresses is getting easier all the time.

There's a place in the world for the transparency of Bitcoin, and a place for the opacity of Darkcoin. Public and Private. And built on the same API.

I don't see a lot of use for anything else.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:19:17 AM

The originals always prevail in their sector as long as the developers don't screw up.

Darkcoin has steered an almost perfect course over its 11 month existence. It is nearly 5 times ahead of its nearest competitor in terms of market cap despite having gone through a "rights of passage" phase in the markets and consolidated its price.

The anonymity approach it has now is awesome due to multiple redundancy and pre-emptive mixing introduced in the last few months. It has stuck rigidly to its strengths and not tried to be something it isn't.

And all this while retaining commercial compatibility with the Bitcoin commercial infrastructure.

Darkcoin is a home run IMO if it "stays the course" which there's every indication it will.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:46:43 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 11:04:33 AM by Netnox

I'm personally pretty impressed by Gems, i think they have a pretty solid concept to succeed with a dev team who actually attends meeting and conferences which has been a while we have seen that since Litecoins Charlie Lee. What is important is that they are pretty well received by Bitcoin aswell.

click on the GIF to see the video!

- Interview at salon talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdNc8RSyft0
- Interview letstalkbitcoin http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-161-the-mine-and-the-pick
- There will be a Epicenter Bitcoin podcast recording on November 23.
- They attended insidebitcoins Tel-Aviv: http://www.coindesk.com/gems-bitcoin-app-lets-users-earn-money-social-messaging/
- They will be attending insidebitcoins Paris 20-21 November, 2014 (http://insidebitcoins.fr/en/)

Also what i like is that they will store the money in multi-sig wallets with BitGo, and Adam from Counterparty releasing the funds in a milestone based requirement tier. So they get paid per development.
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:50:35 AM

Take just one look at the nxt fourm and tell me that it's not going off over there
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: