Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: moved to new thread  (Read 10534 times)
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 06:30:15 AM

Looks like some noble effort here guys, keep up the good work. I know how long it can take to build something and do it right.  Smiley

Best of Luck,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Qarterd (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 04:59:55 PM

Looks like some noble effort here guys, keep up the good work.

Thanks, yeah we're really trying to innovate on every front here to create a true crypto 2.0, not only fully programmable, but also cryptographically future-proofed and scalable to the whole web.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 05:59:35 PM

You've got the right idea  Smiley

Curious though, how do you calculate the security to a Quantum Computer; are you just assuming multiplicity of the power from the available quantum states; then dividing hash security by this number?
I ask by your claims of 128 bit quantum security, curious as to how this is implemented.

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 06:53:41 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 02:43:02 AM by Qarterd

I ask by your claims of 128 bit quantum security, curious as to how this is implemented.

There is some mathematical evidence that the encryption system we're using is in fact quantum-resistant, so we only need enough bits in the key to thwart a quantum search (Grover's algorithm). Also, we use merkle hash trees for signatures, and although there is no proof yet, there are no known quantum algorithms that can attack hashes other than a quantum search. To brute force a 256-bit hash would usually take 2256 operations, but Grover's algorithm only takes O(√N) time, so that's 2256/2 = 2128 quantum operations = 128-bit level quantum security.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 07:10:29 PM

Good to see Developers that know what they are doing  Smiley

Thanks for the Information,
Viz.

Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 02:33:22 PM

why did you choose Python for the contracts

The reason why we chose Python is right on the front page, and also there is a section dedicated to it in the design document.

Transaqoins and qointracts are simply turing machines, there are many pre-existing languages that are adaptable to our needs and are already adept at interfacing humans with turing machines.

We must restrict our language choices to those that provide a ready-made embeddable virtual machine to ensure determinism. All nodes must be able execute the same sequence of transactions and result in the same state. The virtual machine must be able to hide device-specific state from programmers. Python, with a bit of tinkering, can meet these requirements.

Qointum is leveraging Python’s significant network effect – according to the TIOBE Index Python is in the top 5 virtual-machine languages and there are an estimated millions of Python developers world-wide. Qointum is also leveraging millions of man-hours of labour on the core Python language and third-party libraries, allowing us to focus on just developing a cryptocurrency, not a language.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 02:44:59 PM

For some reason I highly doubt you can guarantee that a quantum pc would not be able to crack this. I hope you will prove me wrong though.

Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 01:44:10 AM

For some reason I highly doubt you can guarantee that a quantum pc would not be able to crack this. I hope you will prove me wrong though.

Quantum computers are well understood, their capabilities have been studied for the past 20 years and yet no one has figured out a method to attack Merkle signatures or McEliece encryption which have been known for even longer, and now we even have mathematical evidence of quantum resistance (mentioned in my post above).

Over the last 10 years cryptographers have worked to reduce key sizes and improve efficiency to the point that these quantum-secure crypto schemes are now ready for practical use.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 05:30:26 PM

I hope to see you guys recognized for your hard work and innovation.

Good Luck,
Viz.

grahvity

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 03:05:28 AM

Qointracts

COINIGYProfessional Tools For Cryptocurrency Traders ◾️ The Rational Investor’s School For Trader Development
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 10:56:06 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 09:07:16 PM by Qarterd

Qointracts

Yeah it was too tempting of a pun.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 02:00:12 AM

Qointracts

Yeah it was too tempting of a pun.

As a pun, it's rather twee and I predict that you will regret deeply the expense of the indulgence. Successfully expressing complex concepts clearly and concisely is difficult enough as it is without gratuitous distractions, however humorously intended.

Cheers

Graham
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 04:57:58 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 05:09:18 AM by Qarterd

As a pun, it's rather twee and I predict that you will regret deeply the expense of the indulgence.

For marketable high-level concepts I believe it's more important to focus on branding to differentiate our ideas from those of our competitors. The puns are of course part of the branding -- Qoinapps (Blockchain Applications), Qointracts (Smart Contracts), Transaqoins (Smart Transactions?), Entangled Chains (Multi-Chains). These are things users and developers will be using on a daily basis, so a developer can search for say "qointracts" instead of "smart contracts" and find a relevant answer pertaining to Qointum.

We have more sensible names for technical concepts -- Maximally Vetted Delegate Chain, etc.
grahvity

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 05:12:08 AM

As a pun, it's rather twee and I predict that you will regret deeply the expense of the indulgence.

For marketable high-level concepts I believe it's more important to focus on branding to differentiate our ideas from those of our competitors. The puns are of course part of the branding -- Qoinapps (Blockchain Applications), Qointracts (Smart Contracts), Transaqoins (Smart Transactions?), Entangled Chains (Multi-Chains).

We have more sensible names for technical concepts -- Maximally Vetted Delegate Chain, etc.

You're killing me.

COINIGYProfessional Tools For Cryptocurrency Traders ◾️ The Rational Investor’s School For Trader Development
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 11:30:16 AM

For marketable high-level concepts I believe it's more important to focus on branding to differentiate our ideas from those of our competitors.

The puns are of course part of the branding -- Qoinapps (Blockchain Applications), Qointracts (Smart Contracts), Transaqoins (Smart Transactions?), Entangled Chains (Multi-Chains). These are things users and developers will be using on a daily basis, so a developer can search for say "qointracts" instead of "smart contracts" and find a relevant answer pertaining to Qointum.

Thanks for responding, I'm keen to see how you get on with developing a brand identity, values, story, etc.

My main objection is that you're replacing reasonably straightforwardly recognisable labels with labels that must first be decoded as puns. This adds to the mental load rather than reducing it.

Just for clarity, I'm not questioning the approach (of attending to branding) but the implementation. Unless you've got support from either desk research or quantitative work, then you're merely guessing at the effectiveness of the linguistic differentiation that you're proposing will somehow play into your branding. How will it translate across languages? (Hint: not at all).

Also, (largely because I think you've actually got something substantial and could with real support to keep you on the straight and narrow), I'm going to call your bluff on “... using on a daily basis, so a developer can search ...” I reckon that's just a guess on your part because you have no evidence for its pertinence to this context. Sounds as if there's little to no current MR support to drive this aspect of the development of a brand identity.

You're not the first person to have had the notion; all previous attempts to rope in punning linguistic markers to promote brand identity have basically sunk without trace because the proponents ignored the fact that what's humorously quirky to one is pretty much guaranteed to be irritatingly unfunny to another. It's not as effective a tactic as you seem to believe and its inability to cross alphabets is likely to prove a major disadvantage in a global market.

It also has the penalty that if the project is in any way successful, the IP in the brand naming will need to be protected proactively --- which means enforcing “Qointract™” (or whatever) in every usage.

From a branding perspective, it promises to be way more trouble that it's demonstrably worth.

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 11:42:32 AM

From a branding perspective, it promises to be way more trouble that it's demonstrably worth.

Ach, never mind.

I'd failed to spot the design document's note: “This document describes inventions by NewGamePlus Inc. that are patent-pending with the USPTO.”

Cheers

Graham
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 06:31:44 PM

*bump* still in development =)
Corleone1918

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:55:26 PM

*bump* still in development =)

wow
delulo

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:04:54 PM

I'm interested in this project. A few questions:
How will the ICO be structured: More "coins" if one invests at the start compared to an investment at the end of the ICO period?
Did you do your research on whether you violate any security laws by doing the ICO?
Do you develope all of the software form scratch? If not what project did you make use of?
Did you develope everything by yourself or do you have a team?
Will you publish information about your identity and the identities of your team before the ICO (a must for me if you want any money)?
Thanks for taking the time!
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 04:38:06 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 06:32:26 AM by Qarterd

Do you develope all of the software form scratch? If not what project did you make use of?

There is some code taken from Bitcoin, code from Python as an interpreter is embedded, and code from existing implementations of our post-quantum cryptography which we'll reveal later.

Did you develope everything by yourself or do you have a team?

It's just myself right now.

Will you publish information about your identity and the identities of your team before the ICO (a must for me if you want any money)?

Take a look at our SSL certificate, it's from StartSSL.com which requires proof of personal identity. Also our company is federally incorporated in Canada which also requires proof of personal identity.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: