Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:37:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TheButterZone Removed From Default Trust  (Read 6821 times)
Wardrick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:23:05 PM

The only person who decided to label you a murder was yourself, nobody else ever thought that.
TheButterZone, no your reputation has not been irreparably damaged. It wasn't damaged at all until you started making a fool out of yourself in this very thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 10:27:06 PM

The only person who decided to label you a murder was yourself, nobody else ever thought that.
TheButterZone, no your reputation has not been irreparably damaged. It wasn't damaged at all until you started making a fool out of yourself in this very thread.

Speaking for all of humankind's brains? Brilliant!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:00:47 AM

You sound kind of mad.  Plus, I was kind of agreeing with you, so I'm not sure why you felt compelled to insult me.

Also, look at what the subject of this thread has been changed to. 

We won!

So let's be happy together.

Chill.

Deal.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:23:58 AM

Honestly, I don't see why this thread had to become so heated.

This was never an argument over whether or not TBZ should remove his feedback, it was whether or not his rating should be endorsed by default trust. TBZ admitted early on that he had no attachment to being on DT, so it should have been fairly simple to contact theymos and badbear to see whether or not they still wished to lend their weight to TBZ's feedback, given the rating he had left on Wardrick. It's pretty sad to see what this thread devolved into.
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:05:56 AM

it was whether or not his rating should be endorsed by default trust

This. 

There should be no such thing.

It benefits only scammers.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 08:35:04 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 08:48:47 PM by TECSHARE

You sound kind of mad.  Plus, I was kind of agreeing with you, so I'm not sure why you felt compelled to insult me.

Also, look at what the subject of this thread has been changed to.  

We won!

So let's be happy together.

Chill.

Deal.
Where did I insult you? What did we win? My goal wasn't to have Butterzone removed from default trust, it was to point out that moderating trust is a FAILED POLICY that will only result in tearing the community apart for the sake of people who are provoking action to begin with.

You sure aren't doing anything about it when it is reported, but again you "have the right to interpret the rules" now don't you. Why would you care if I am being harassed, no skin off of your back.

When what is reported? Someone stating that you're unlikely to sell something? Saying something you don't like isn't against the rules and the report won't be acted upon unless it does. You can say you were 'harassed' and your reputation is being 'tarnished' or whatever but these are all just exaggerations to suit your argument. You see, you would've been fine with us bending the rules on this occasion to remove the posts you reported (even though they broke no rules), but I doubt you would've appreciated staff removing any posts of yours that someone didn't like.

I reported it well before things escalated but every report was ignored. He did not simply say I am "unlikely to sell" something, he started like this, was told to leave, he then continued to post not only insults and harassing comments but then continued to post links to similar products on sites that don't even accept BTC to try to prove some how that me asking for the face value of the gift card was "unfair". Him "pointing out" something is just a pretext for his repeated harassment and trolling. I don't really care how much you willfully ignore the reality of the situation. I KNOW what happened, and why I did what I did, and you have ZERO INTEREST in helping me, but you do however have interest in framing me as "paranoid", disgruntled, and "abusive".

It is not like we were having a debate about something, or discussing some project, I IN NO WAY would be inhibiting his ability to speak or speak out against me by asking his harassing posts to be removed from the ONLY PLACE I am allowed to trade here, and your attempt to frame me as someone looking to censor people from speaking out against me is disingenuous at best.

I never really thought the trust system was a good idea because it gives people a false sense of security, but I never really had a problem with it because what I was told is that the system was UNMODERATED, but clearly that is not the truth. Some one dictating from a central position who is and who is not to be trusted is not a trust NETWORK, it is a trust DICTATORSHIP. Solution: stop dictating to people who they should and should not trust. Of course this all happens behind closed doors so no one ever really gets to witness this coercive process, so how would anyone know unless they experienced it themselves?

The feedback left is unmoderated, but you were obviously aware of the nature of the system in that people get added to and removed from the list from time to time and you were seemingly fine with that until recently. It's a working trust network until you get removed for abusing the trust then it's suddenly an authoritative bitcoin Illuminati buddy list. Can't have it both ways. If theymos or any other admins really wanted to abuse the system then they would just remove the offending feedback, but I think the system worked well in this example contrary to your belief. What exactly do they have to gain from removing you? It's a good warning to others on there; make sure to not let personal feelings get in the way if you've been trusted with a position of power or your position may be reconsidered.

So now you know what I was and what I was not aware of now? Tell me again how I am supposed to know that behind closed doors you and your staff buddies meet in closed forums to discuss the removal of people from the default trust? I am sure it is a common occurrence for you, but the staff have a tendency here to want to enforce unwritten rules and then blame people for not following what was never publicly stated. Just because it is something you are well aware of as a mod does not mean everyone else magically absorbs it via osmosis.

What do they have to gain from removing me? He gets to wield his influence over the default trust system to manipulate it indirectly while publicly proclaiming he does not moderate trust. Clearly he does moderate trust by using his control over the default trust system as a cudgel to force users to submit to his demands. In short he gets more control over a supposedly decentralized trust system allowing for more abuse for his buddies, while using people such as myself to serve as a convenient example to make his point about the trust system.

People such as my self are the ones CREATING the integrity that you claim to be protecting, and I really don't buy that one negative trust rating some how negates my contribution to this community over 3 years. I may have been added to the default trust, but I EARNED MY TRUST, and putting me on the default trust as "untrusted" is taking from me what I earned as a form of punitive action for not obeying your dictates. I never signed up to be a representative for this forum. I got all of my trust because I WORK HARD TO MAKE MY TRADING PARTNERS HAPPY, I don't cheat people, and I operate openly and honestly. Now because you built this default trust system some how now all my hard work is yours and you seem to feel you have the right to take that from me AS IF YOU created it. This is the hypocrisy I am talking about. You point your fingers at me for taking action against one person after 3 years of impeccable trading history here and suddenly I am Stalin oppressing the proletariat, yet you are free to extort me using the trust system as leverage against me.

You use my own hard work and honest efforts as a cudgel against me and others to force them to submit to your commands so you can preserve your illusion of default trust list integrity. We all know there is none, and you throwing honest users under a bus to try to prove that it has integrity is a failing strategy that is destructive to this community far beyond my individual case, and is simply a means to punish anyone who opposes you.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:40:28 PM

You're still a trustworthy user #TECSHARE but no more in the defaultTrust list , and I think this's not a problem Wink. Good luck for everything.
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:57:35 PM

My goal wasn't to have Butterzone removed from default trust, it was to point out that moderating trust is a FAILED POLICY that will only result in tearing the community apart for the sake of people who are provoking action to begin with.

And I'm in complete agreement on that general concept.

DefaultTrust is a horrible idea, and the instant case is simply the most recent example of how horrible an idea it is.  Everyone should turn it off, and the "brain trust" in charge of this site should get rid of it entirely.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 09:43:06 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2015, 09:58:44 PM by TheButterZone

Libeler (OP) has default trust T2, libeler's victim (me) was wiped from T2=injustice done. I hereby retract my surrender at #4 and #24, as Vod's general reasoning on libel and neg trust is functionally indistinguishable from mine, yet he remains deeply embedded in default trust. I was thrown under the bus; I do not wish Vod to be.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1062052.msg11390387#msg11390387

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1062052.msg11390498#msg11390498

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1062052.msg11390689#msg11390689

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:44:31 PM

Libeler (OP) has default trust T2, libeler's victim (me) was wiped from T2=injustice done.

You are both in the default trust network at depth 2.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:46:53 PM

Libeler (OP) has default trust T2, libeler's victim (me) was wiped from T2=injustice done.

I think BadBear recently added him to his trust list. TBZ was not previously in default trust network (level 2) for a while now.
Wardrick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:02:43 PM

Libeler (OP) has default trust T2, libeler's victim (me) was wiped from T2=injustice done. I hereby retract my surrender at #4 and #24, as Vod's general reasoning on libel and neg trust is functionally indistinguishable from mine, yet he remains deeply embedded in default trust. I was thrown under the bus; I do not wish Vod to be.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1062052.msg11390387#msg11390387

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1062052.msg11390498#msg11390498

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1062052.msg11390689#msg11390689

What do you mean by thrown under the bus? You were never thrown under the bus, you escalated a situation nobody would of ever known about in the first place. I made a comment jokingly, I wasn't posting throughout the forum about you. I wasn't singling you out in any of my posts mentioning you. You are the one that created this situation. I have no clue where you came up with the idea that the FBI will come looking for you and that people will think you're a murderer? You created that in your own head, no prudent person would ever think that or imply that, especially given the circumstances.

You need to learn to take a joke, or get off the internet. And stop saying I was libeling you, or even thinking about you. I had no interest in harming your reputation whatsoever. I contacted you after I saw your feedback to work it out, and you refused. You handled the situation poorly and did everything to escalate the situation as much as you could. You shouldn't be in a position of power at any point given how you handled this benign situation, especially on the internet where you aren't facing the person.

This wasn't a case of libel, slander, harassment, or whatever you want to call it. This was a case of abuse of power, misusing the feedback system, and revenge. I'm surprised that you are back on the default trust list, especially after the attempts I had made prior to posting this thread and after I posted this thread where you acted in very bad faith. You showed no qualities of someone who I would even consider having on a default trust list. I would like to know who currently has you added to the default trust list as I don't know how to check it. By the way, you can send me back that $10.00 BTC I sent you as a tip months after this thread had been posted in for providing me with download links. It's clear you want to keep this going and have no interest in resolving the issue.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 11:29:57 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2015, 11:50:04 PM by TheButterZone

I think BadBear recently added him to his trust list. TBZ was not previously in default trust network (level 2) for a while now.

Maybe I'm blind? https://i.imgur.com/Upm5ZFv.jpg

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 11:49:13 PM

Not blind no, but relying on a snapshot of a trust list at a single point in time is going to give you outdated information, trust lists aren't static. I did add you back to my trust list.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 11:50:31 PM

Not blind no, but relying on a snapshot of a trust list at a single point in time is going to give you outdated information, trust lists aren't static. I did add you back to my trust list.

At the time I posted:
...I hereby retract my surrender...

that was based on not seeing myself on that graph, but that Wardrick was on it (graph modified "May 15, 2015 at 16:04:58")

Took some hacking of my settings to see that I am back on your undertier now.

Thanks! Complaint resolved.

Wardrick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:10:55 AM

If he was removed before by everyone from the default trust list, why has he been added back onto the default trust list without anything being changed from the original decision? Unless he removes his feedback or is taken off the default trust list I have no interest in being a part of this forum. I have been very active off and on for over two years and have followed all the rules and I won't stand for injustice to be done to me and have it affect my account this way.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 03:48:59 AM

If he was removed before by everyone from the default trust list, why has he been added back onto the default trust list without anything being changed from the original decision? Unless he removes his feedback or is taken off the default trust list I have no interest in being a part of this forum. I have been very active off and on for over two years and have followed all the rules and I won't stand for injustice to be done to me and have it affect my account this way.

He left you a neutral rating. What are you crying about?
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 05:15:39 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 05:32:31 AM by TheButterZone

Indeed. Note that all I did was revoke my surrender*, originally offered in the false hope that he would stop his libelous posting pattern (including that he would delete his prior libel against me. Perhaps that implication was unclear.)

if it will stop Wardrick's libelous posting pattern, I have no attachment to being on DT.

Setting recent posts aside, in light of the OP remaining as it was 6 months ago with that opening line, et al, and his neglect to delete his libel here and here (anywhere else?)...

*I could have decided to ignore the consistency between Vod and I's reasoning yet inconsistent treatment thereof, and said, "I'm going to neg trust him again, even though it won't get anyone justice!", or just had a PTSD attack and started treating the entire forum as my enemies for not removing him from DT for libel or nuking him altogether (which also hasn't happened to those who Vod says libeled him). What a shame, PTSD really shouldn't be weaponized into a communicable disorder.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:23:51 AM

I think TheButterZone needs to be taken off the default trust list because I think he's a borderline sociopath and has narcissistic personality disorder. I've seen he enjoys having control over other people and is easily angered and wants to make people look stupid to make himself look smarter and I don't think that's someone who's opinion should carry as much weight as it does on the forum. I don't think it's fair that my forum reputation is ruined from a joke I made in a post after I've been a dedicated member for almost two years.  I sent him a message to work it out and never received a response because I think he enjoys being in a higher position than someone to make them look lesser. Theymos implemented the trust system shortly after I messaged him awhile back about the benefits it could have but I don't think giving a non staff member the ability to ruin someone's account because of their personal opinion is very beneficial for the site. I would agree on a few people who truly care about the site like Tomatocage and DannyHamilton and a handful of others, but for other people it allows them to ruin other people's reputations because of their opinions in which I doubt the motives to very often.

More information on the default trust settings on page two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=858730.msg9557990#msg9557990

See Quickseller for the same reason.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Wardrick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:06:11 AM

Indeed. Note that all I did was revoke my surrender*, originally offered in the false hope that he would stop his libelous posting pattern (including that he would delete his prior libel against me. Perhaps that implication was unclear.)

if it will stop Wardrick's libelous posting pattern, I have no attachment to being on DT.

Setting recent posts aside, in light of the OP remaining as it was 6 months ago with that opening line, et al, and his neglect to delete his libel here and here (anywhere else?)...

*I could have decided to ignore the consistency between Vod and I's reasoning yet inconsistent treatment thereof, and said, "I'm going to neg trust him again, even though it won't get anyone justice!", or just had a PTSD attack and started treating the entire forum as my enemies for not removing him from DT for libel or nuking him altogether (which also hasn't happened to those who Vod says libeled him). What a shame, PTSD really shouldn't be weaponized into a communicable disorder.

So you want me to delete one post, in a thread with dozens of pages, that was originally nothing at all until you posted in the thread? I could of probably done that, I tried contacting you many times to attempt to resolve the issue and you refused to do anything and instead just tried to escalate the situation. Are you reading what I write or are you failing to understand that I have never and never will have a libelous posting pattern, and all you are doing is creating a problem where there is none. How you got back on the default trust list without resolving this issue is confusing me. You are the libeler here, you are creating a situation and ruining my reputation by creating drama where there is none, all I am trying to do is restore my account back to normal. I have no interest in libeling you, nor will I ever have an interest in libeling you. Agree to remove your feedback and I will go and delete my post and lock this thread. You have a chance to resolve the issue right now and this will be done with, I had no problem to begin with.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: