Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:40:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This graph says you should get in now  (Read 4733 times)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 01:37:36 PM

Obviously the government does not know I have bitcoins, but how do I declare bankruptcy when I still have a lot of stuff? The banks will probably want to take my car first, or hold me to a payment restructuring, or simply just black list me.

Don't worry so much about stuff...and things like credit ratings.

And don't own a car that you aren't willing to just leave on the side of the road and go get a new (cheap) one.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:36:59 PM

Don't worry so much about stuff...and things like credit ratings.

And don't own a car that you aren't willing to just leave on the side of the road and go get a new (cheap) one.

I actually have a decent credit rating. That's why I was able to take out several loans. I just wish I took them in 2011 or 2012 and bought as much as I could, or mined as much as I could, or sold a pizza.

Now, as long as the BTC can pay back the loan, I think that's much safer than ignoring the bank.

I'm going to be in a position where I can abandon where I live and move to another country. But I wouldn't want to intentionally do that to a bank.

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:56:04 PM

The graph maybe, but not the facts. We are about to get another coin auction, so lower prices incoming
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:04:14 PM

EuroTrash

....lol nuff said

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
var53

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:11:16 PM

Obviously the government does not know I have bitcoins, but how do I declare bankruptcy when I still have a lot of stuff? The banks will probably want to take my car first, or hold me to a payment restructuring, or simply just black list me.

Withdrawing to your bank account might let the government know you have money from the sale of bitcoins.

If you withdrew between $5000 and $10000 from an exchange into your bank account through a wire transfer then in some countries the bank may be obliged to tell the government/tax man about it.

This link explains how it works in the US.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100304070056AAxEgiq

There are two main reporting requirements for banks. The first and most common, with more than 15 million being filed in calendar year 2007, is the currency transaction report, or CTR. These are triggered simply because of the size of the transaction. The second type is called a suspicious activity report, or SAR, and is filed when the bank "knows, suspects, or has reason to suspect" that a transaction of at least $5,000 involves money derived from illegal activities or is part of a plan to violate federal laws and financial reporting requirements.

These wikipedia links go into more detail on currency transaction reports, and suspicious activity reports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_transaction_report

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspicious_activity_report
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:23:42 PM

So, can someone translate this into how much will BTC be worth at a certain date? What are your projections every month for the next couple of years?

Buy and hodl.
prediction: >500 before 2015, >1000 before 2016

I already did that. I don't recommend anyone else to do what I did. I'm optimistic, but at least I'm taking all the risk. What I did is borrow the money from a fiat bank to buy the bitcoins. I intend to pay them off over the next 5 years. My hope is that my loan is fully paid by that time, while I still hodl close to the original number of BTC I bought.

In the worst case, I pay off the amortization from my own money, but I have already bought the bitcoins.

I'm waiting for a couple more banks to follow up with their offers.

Very rational decision. I withdrawn my pension fund in June 2013 and bought bitcoins. The rest is history.

did you at least refund part of cap gains into some sort of a pension fund or brokerage account when bitcoin was $1000-375? It would have made sense. Roth or something like this. I think Risto's "sane savings plan" also makes sense
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345065.0
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:59:05 PM

(if you haven't done so already)

Red line = Est. on-chain daily USD transaction volume divided by 200000.

100k+ peak sometime in 2017. I could live with that.
I could sign that with my blood and tears.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:56:35 AM

Withdrawing to your bank account might let the government know you have money from the sale of bitcoins.

If you withdrew between $5000 and $10000 from an exchange into your bank account through a wire transfer then in some countries the bank may be obliged to tell the government/tax man about it.

Fortunately, I have a lot of noise in my bank accounts, amounting to many times more than my current bitcoin holdings. Also, none of the money coming in to my accounts have ever been directly from any international exchange. (local ones, yes, but they do cash deposits.)

EuroTrash (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:14:26 PM

Second reminder.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
FreeBambi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:45:07 PM

I did like you told me on 17th, sold all my school books & invested like you said.  Got margin called a few days later so my moneys gone and schol isnt going to gud. I now my moms credet card stuffs so i coud buy more bitcoin on circle.com but i got to be real shur this time.

Are you super shur this time, EuroTrash?
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:51:56 PM

Interesting metric but I dont think its more than a correlation.
EuroTrash (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

I did like you told me on 17th, sold all my school books & invested like you said.  Got margin called a few days later so my moneys gone and schol isnt going to gud. I now my moms credet card stuffs so i coud buy more bitcoin on circle.com but i got to be real shur this time.

Are you super shur this time, EuroTrash?

Lol  Cheesy

Who needs school books when you can just get rich by trusting someone on a forum.
Of course I am sure. Go ahead. Either way you're about to learn a lesson.  Wink

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
Nicholas-Carraway

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 05:44:20 PM

School sucks!
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:53:53 PM

A pincher in the weekly MACD. Things can get exciting in the next few weeks.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/chart.png?width=940&m=bitstampUSD&SubmitButton=Draw&r=730&i=Weekly&c=1&s=2012-11-08&e=2014-12-01&Prev=&Next=&t=S&b=&a1=SMA&m1=15&a2=EMA&m2=10&x=1&i1=RSI&i2=UO&i3=MACD&i4=MFI&v=1&cv=0&ps=0&l=1&p=0&

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:00:04 PM

I just wish I'll experience another bitcoin bubble in my life, especially since I missed the last one  Tongue

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:36:08 PM

I just wish I'll experience another bitcoin bubble in my life, especially since I missed the last one  Tongue

It's funny - the bust periods (like most of 2014) are typically deeper than in other markets, but sorta feel the same; just a drawn-out slog. But the boom periods in bitcoin are like no other market. It's totally nuts.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:54:33 PM

This 'finding' is remarkable, even if the constant was found experimentally. But I have problems with the fact that the in-chain transaction volume in USD does include transactions between the same person. This invalidate the whole point in my opinion, making this perhaps a case of 'data overfitting'.

Fortune cannot take away what she has not given.
Raystonn

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:08:15 PM

This 'finding' is remarkable, even if the constant was found experimentally. But I have problems with the fact that the in-chain transaction volume in USD does include transactions between the same person. This invalidate the whole point in my opinion, making this perhaps a case of 'data overfitting'.

It is possible to include only transactions where a fee was paid.  This may be a better metric.  If someone wants to send himself money, as long as a fee is paid to miners it's still a real transaction.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: