Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:53:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinary.com - The new smart way to buy and sell Bitcoins.  (Read 26492 times)
bravetheheat

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 08:16:21 AM

Bitcoinary.com is not visitable from China mainland, you should firstly solve this problem.

Is it being blocked by the Chinese firewall? Shocked

Nope - I'm in Beijing and with China Telecom (the ISP does sometimes make a difference) and I can access Bitcoinary perfectly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 11:24:27 AM

Bitcoinary.com is not visitable from China mainland, you should firstly solve this problem.

Is it being blocked by the Chinese firewall? Shocked

Nope - I'm in Beijing and with China Telecom (the ISP does sometimes make a difference) and I can access Bitcoinary perfectly.

From my end here I cant, its greatwall broadband
sethsethseth

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 10:01:03 PM

Please add Ukash (GBP)

Are we going to see Ukash added at some point?

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
dogisland (OP)

Activity: 262

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 11:33:40 AM

Please add Ukash (GBP)

Are we going to see Ukash added at some point?

You can trade anything you like, the currency field is free format. However I can add it to the popup for you.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 03:13:59 PM

Sad sendgrid.com? Really? What do you need them for? To monitor if the messages reached me? I get a scam alert for presenting me a <a href=A>B</a> kind of link.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 01:13:40 PM

Would selling to new users for 1BTC as gift payment be dangerous?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
dogisland (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 03:41:48 PM

Dangerous in what way ?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 03:48:16 PM

Sad sendgrid.com? Really? What do you need them for? To monitor if the messages reached me? I get a scam alert for presenting me a <a href=A>B</a> kind of link.

sendgrid.com is a developer friendly, trusted, third party, transactional email service provider.  They've send over 50 Billion email for some major web providers.  With their library and about 4 lines of code your web application is set up to send emails and they handle all the spam filtering, deliverability issues, isp, and ip monitoring, and bounce processing.  Check them out. http://sendgrid.com/.

That href is probably the default unsubscribe link.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 04:25:37 PM

sendgrid.com is a developer friendly, trusted, third party, transactional email service provider.  They've send over 50 Billion email for some major web providers.  With their library and about 4 lines of code your web application is set up to send emails and they handle all the spam filtering, deliverability issues, isp, and ip monitoring, and bounce processing.  Check them out. http://sendgrid.com/.

Some Name Has sent you a message regarding trade http://bitcoinary.com/trades/43

This was all there was in the email. Sorry but by common sense this is scam.
It shows me bitcoinary.com but hrefs u283207.sendgrid.org. This alone triggers my mail client's scam detection and yes, I think it should.
The typo (Has instead of has) triggers the human scam detection as by convention, scam always contains typos while legit mail doesn't.
The mail is brief and has no legit link that would help me find out if it's scam or not. I would at least add some real bitcoinary links in it and explain the user what's going on.

Bitcoin is too scam heavy to tell me I'm paranoid. Bitcoin users have to be that paranoid. Get this straight or you will lose many users.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 04:31:17 PM

u283207.sendgrid.org is the uniquie bitcoinary USERID for tracking bounces etc.  However as you mention that is a problem.  Maybe bitcoinary should mention this.

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:21:26 AM

Dangerous in what way ?

heard even gift's can be charged back

dogisland (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 09:39:19 AM

Dangerous in what way ?

heard even gift's can be charged back

Yes, any paypal can be charged back so you'll need to look at the reputation of the person you are dealing with before you decide to trade.
dogisland (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 09:45:10 AM

Some Name Has sent you a message regarding trade http://bitcoinary.com/trades/43

This was all there was in the email. Sorry but by common sense this is scam.
It shows me bitcoinary.com but hrefs u283207.sendgrid.org. This alone triggers my mail client's scam detection and yes, I think it should.
The typo (Has instead of has) triggers the human scam detection as by convention, scam always contains typos while legit mail doesn't.
The mail is brief and has no legit link that would help me find out if it's scam or not. I would at least add some real bitcoinary links in it and explain the user what's going on.

Bitcoin is too scam heavy to tell me I'm paranoid. Bitcoin users have to be that paranoid. Get this straight or you will lose many users.

I use Sendgrid to send emails, and sendgrid adds a href so that it can give me a report on opens and bounces.

Not sure why you would think a peer to peer exchange that doesn't hold any bitcoins itself could be a scam.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 02:00:51 PM

I think the point is that anytime an email has an href that is not from the domain or sub.domain of the identified sender there is a very real concern of phishing.  And even if bitcoinary is not holding bitcoin in your account, your emails could be spoofed to cause a user who recognized your brand to download malicious software which would then be used as a point of attach on that users other bitcoin connections that do store coin.

It is a valid security concern.

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 05:08:12 PM

I use Sendgrid to send emails, and sendgrid adds a href so that it can give me a report on opens and bounces.

Not sure why you would think a peer to peer exchange that doesn't hold any bitcoins itself could be a scam.

If I do business with A and get mail with the sender and reply address A with links naming *and* linking to A it looks clean to both my computer and me.
In mails, the sender can easily be spoofed and therefore mails are all about their content.
If I get mail with links naming A but actually linking B, this looks fishy to me an thunderbird scam detection.

I did never accuse you to be a scammer and sincerely hope your service will grow but to get there I suggest you don't use such lousy third party services. I suggested that so that others can build trust. I analyzed the situation and understand before posting here that it is no threat to me but I ask you to take that burden off your users to have to analyze that.

(in germany banks teach their users not to enter PINs to any external sites but then started cooperating with external sites that legitimately did exactly that. this is wrong and stupid and the average joe eats it as there is some approved.png on this third party website. teaching your users to click on links to some arbitrary untrusted third party in the realm of bitcoin has the same potential to do harm to your users.)

Generally if you get feedback I assume it is a good strategy to try to interpret it as no offense towards you as you need feedback and your reaction "Not sure why you would think a peer to peer exchange that doesn't hold any bitcoins itself could be a scam." is not motivating me to give you any feedback as with such wrong statements about my thoughts mails tend to become very long and time consuming for such little things as "better don't use <href a>b</href>.

ɃɃ
dogisland (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:50:20 PM

Generally if you get feedback I assume it is a good strategy to try to interpret it as no offense towards you as you need feedback and your reaction "Not sure why you would think a peer to peer exchange that doesn't hold any bitcoins itself could be a scam." is not motivating me to give you any feedback as with such wrong statements about my thoughts mails tend to become very long and time consuming for such little things as "better don't use <href a>b</href>.

Yes, you're right. I'm sorry. I should have been more professional, I do appreciate your feedback. I'll investigate how I can best resolve this issue.

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 04:49:50 AM

Another thing for a good improvement on Bitcoinary,

Can it be set so a user's profile displays their open trades?

[Also, why isn't this thread in the Marketplace forum under currency exchanges?]

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2012, 05:27:50 AM

[Also, why isn't this thread in the Marketplace forum under currency exchanges?]

You can ask for moderation and most likely it will be moved. I agree it is here for long enough now so everybody who is only watching "Bitcoin Discussion" found it.

ɃɃ

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 03:56:24 AM

ONE MORE FEATURE THAT IS SURELY NEEDED:

Add the ability for a follow up to a review on a transaction

if someone does paypal purchase of BTC and later asks a chargeback, the seller will want to update that review to say scammer and such

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 06:53:19 PM

so far, only attempts to scam.
too bad, 'twas a promising concept.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All