Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:28:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinary.com - The new smart way to buy and sell Bitcoins.  (Read 26488 times)
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:43:32 PM

Yea, lot of scammers on that site.  I think 2 of three contacts I make are scammers.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:31:31 PM

Yea, lot of scammers on that site.  I think 2 of three contacts I make are scammers.

but then again you thought I was one

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:33:59 PM

I did but you are still posting under the same name.  The other's disappeared

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:11:46 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2012, 06:18:31 AM by 420

I did but you are still posting under the same name.  The other's disappeared

Ah. more security features could be added to forum. I understand this is the same software that the forum started with in 2009?

BITCOINARY.com should also have trades expire after a week or so:
https://www.bitcoinary.com/en/trades/65

louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:21:57 PM

Nice site.  I think you should add a "last seen" on users profile pages. Lets us see if the user has logs in regularly or not.  This will give us an idea of when we might see a response to trading messages. 

Long time inactive users could make for really lengthy trade commitments.
 Smiley

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 09:38:40 PM

Nice site.  I think you should add a "last seen" on users profile pages. Lets us see if the user has logs in regularly or not.  This will give us an idea of when we might see a response to trading messages. 

Long time inactive users could make for really lengthy trade commitments.
 Smiley

no last seen please Sad it doesn't tell anything about responsiveness. I won't log in there as I know there is nobody from chile registered. I placed my buy and sell offers and hope somebody will contact me and bitcoinary will mail me about that.

I like the feature at couchsurfers that tells you x% messages were replied. I don't like that searching for a couch for christmas results in getting replies around easter just because these users want to keep a clean reply statistics, so maybe post x% replied within 3 days or whatever seems a reasonable delay.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 10:57:04 PM

Should be able to organize BUYS or SELLS by preferred service such as PAYPAL or DWOLLA, would be great

bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:48:54 AM

I can't wait to see this get hacked and go down in flames and/or succeed!

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 05:51:23 AM

Gonna tinker with this.

BTC Long.
Evolvex

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:56:12 PM

I signed up and am trying out my first trade - there does seem to be a lot of what could be scammers on there - feel a bit :s accepting paypal, but gotta build up the credit rating Smiley.

Anyone here dealt with UrbanNinja?

On another note, I think it would help to some how flag users as scammers, or poss scammers - people seem to be creating trades to let others know, but be good to see a scammer list in some way?

also, what about a "down the line" rating, esp for those taking paypal, ie if it gets charged back in a couple of months I could log on to bitcoinary and let people know that trade xxx was charged back.

All in all, an excellent step forward for quick and easy trades.

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 03:13:42 AM

NEW IDEA

Merge Bitcoinary.com with LocalBitcoins.com

Evolvex

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:07:26 PM

My first 2 trades on bitcoinary went ok, all be it I'm a little suspicious about there paypal accounts used.  Is there anyway to be secure when accepting paypal - what if I sold them an ebook which included a free bitcoin?

I've just started on localbitcoins Smiley - there no one selling or buying in my area so hopefully I can help some users out and make a couple of quid whilst I'm there.

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:01:49 AM

My first 2 trades on bitcoinary went ok, all be it I'm a little suspicious about there paypal accounts used.  Is there anyway to be secure when accepting paypal - what if I sold them an ebook which included a free bitcoin?

I've just started on localbitcoins Smiley - there no one selling or buying in my area so hopefully I can help some users out and make a couple of quid whilst I'm there.

if you're in cali I'll trade

Lookup verify paypal account

there's a way to use a person's name and email to see if their account is verified (linked to a bank account)

Evolvex

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 03:43:49 PM

Thanks for the info 420, I'm in the UK tho Smiley

I've been getting them to send messages from there FB AND registered paypal email address confirming the trade agreement - not ideal but does give me a little bit of trust.... I'll check out verifying accounts I didnt think you could do that Smiley

Another thought for bitcoinary - I would like to be able to add additional notes to a review further down the line, if a paypal charge gets reversed I can then add this to my review warning other users in the future.

And what about a confirmed scammers list?

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 08:51:28 PM

Thanks for the info 420, I'm in the UK tho Smiley

I've been getting them to send messages from there FB AND registered paypal email address confirming the trade agreement - not ideal but does give me a little bit of trust.... I'll check out verifying accounts I didnt think you could do that Smiley

Another thought for bitcoinary - I would like to be able to add additional notes to a review further down the line, if a paypal charge gets reversed I can then add this to my review warning other users in the future.

And what about a confirmed scammers list?

I made the same recommendation

Able to ADD to the feedback given because they can charegeback down the line

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 12:33:13 PM

If we have a bad trade, can we seek the buyer from their social media links? As it is now just shows the info, doesn't give us a link to them and what happens for example, can they delete their profile, then 20 days later file paypal chargeback

Aahzman

Activity: 602

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 11:33:57 PM

Hmmm what's a reasonable time to wait for BTC delivery before reversing the Paypal payment? I ordered 3BTC from a guy in australia that had a few good reviews...now I know there's a 15hr time diff between where he's at and where i'm at, but it took almost a day to get a response to my initial request, and it's now been about 36hrs since i sent the payment via paypal...

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 11:35:33 PM

Hmmm what's a reasonable time to wait for BTC delivery before reversing the Paypal payment? I ordered 3BTC from a guy in australia that had a few good reviews...now I know there's a 15hr time diff between where he's at and where i'm at, but it took almost a day to get a response to my initial request, and it's now been about 36hrs since i sent the payment via paypal...

Ahhh, sorry Aahzman but Bitcoinary is a scammers paradise.
Aahzman

Activity: 602

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 11:41:58 PM

well, i'd done a bunch of trades with another guy with no issues, and this guy had all posi feedback. gonna give him till tomorrow morning my time (which will be late evening tomorrow his time) to transact or I'll call him out as a scammer.

FWIW, i've had 4 good trades with manny in Ecuador.  he may take a couple hours to respond to your initial req, but once he's in contact, it's a fast, clean transaction.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 11:54:49 PM

Aahzman,

Glad to hear it.  Hopefully sends.  I've just seen a lot of people get scammed there.  By scammers who have multiple user names (and good feed back).    I don't even bother to check it our any more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: