Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:18:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What according to you is definition of ' Financial Freedom'?  (Read 7549 times)
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:29:03 PM

LOL! Law is circumference  and what happends beyond that is crime and freedom forms core of that circle and you say it has nothing to do. Confused!
If Freedom has nothing to do with law/crime then, freedom has no connection with finance also. Contemplate it! Money curbs freedom more than anything else.

Bitcoin is not FREEDOM Q.E.D

I can smoke marijuana and that would be considered a crime as it is against the law.  A police officer can exert force against someone smoking marijuana because it is a crime. This is not freedom.

That's why the laws need an overhaul. Every rational person knows smoking marijuana shouldn't be a crime and nobody should be arrested for any victimless 'crime'. You can't punish people for something that doesn't hurt anyone else.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:29:55 PM

LOL! Law is circumference  and what happends beyond that is crime and freedom forms core of that circle and you say it has nothing to do. Confused!
If Freedom has nothing to do with law/crime then, freedom has no connection with finance also. Contemplate it! Money curbs freedom more than anything else.

Bitcoin is not FREEDOM Q.E.D

I can smoke marijuana and that would be considered a crime as it is against the law.  A police officer can exert force against someone smoking marijuana because it is a crime. This is not freedom.

That's why the laws need an overhaul. Every rational person knows smoking marijuana shouldn't be a crime and nobody should be arrested for any victimless 'crime'. You can't punish people for something that doesn't hurt anyone else.

Shifting the seats on the Titanic make no difference.

Most people do not understand freedom and are happy being slaves.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:33:13 PM

Freedom is a high mountain that we can never reach top of it. Today when we say "freedom" we mean the path which goes to that mountain.
We can't get freedom together but we can get closer. If theres a one man on world without other living beings(animals,bugs,humans) that man is free.
So its pointless to define what is freedom for everyone. Everyone has their own freedom definition.

So Bitcoin evangelist must stop their marketing campaign of 'selling freedom in form of financial tool'. We already have our needed freedom.

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:34:49 PM

If you deceive someone into doing something by exploiting their weakness (with your intelligence) be defined as crime?

If someone with higher intelligence negotiates a contract or agreement with someone with lower intelligence and they do not lie or misrepresent the service/product than the less educated person should have the right and freedom to make that decision even if it isn't in their best interests. It should not be considered a crime but this incident does not exist within a vacuum as there will be a certain degree of social justice by others against the asshole that took advantage of the helpless idiot.

So Bitcoin evangelist must stop their marketing campaign of 'selling freedom in form of financial tool'. We already have our needed freedom.

I still have no idea what you are talking about . Give us some specific examples.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:34:55 PM

To answer OP's question of what is 'Financial Freedom':

Financial freedom is the ability to trade among others in a voluntary way.

Bitcoin allows such freedom to exist.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:37:18 PM

Psychological forces that feeds on my weakness:
1. Greed- In any form material or knowledge
2. Contribution: We all wish to contribute in one or other way. No matter tiny judgement we pass but we wish to contribute what if "that's weakness" and can be exploited? Thinking about thousand of charity company and people donating there.
3. Change: We all believe our learning is good, better or best and we wish to bring change in society according to our perception.

You are assuming those are weaknesses. If you think these psychological forces are preventing your freedom than you are abstracting freedom to such a degree it becomes impractical.

Yes, reality isn't fair and some people a born with greater talents and skills, some are born in better environments, and some happen to get lucky with circumstances within their life.

This is unavoidable, and many of the solutions to create a more egalitarian society actually have a negative outcome.

Do you have a specific example instead of generalizing so we can discuss specifics as to what you are referring to.

Its not that, I don't wish to explain or hide from you. You might be well aware of fact that sub-concious mind knows more and better than concious mind. And my sub-concious mind at very first meeting with Bitcoin gave hint that--this is more that what it claims to be. I started digging it..and now I ultimately think it as psywar waged by developed countries. Let it be! I need to understand myself better and crystallize concepts before raising question and having arguments.

Sincere apologies!

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:43:13 PM

Wut? Can you rephrase that? Are you on about defrauding someone out of money? If so, then yes that is a crime. You've deprived them of wealth via criminal dishonesty.

Freedom has nothing to do with law/crime.

You're free to murder and steal from people, but that encroaches on other people's freedom and you should be punished fairly for it as you've likely given up your own freedom in doing so.

Freedom is the ability to do whatever the hell you want so long as it doesn't physically hurt or criminally deprive anyone else of wealth or property.

Can deceiving someone into doing something based on their weakness your with one's intelligence can be defined as crime?

Wut? Can you rephrase that? Are you on about defrauding someone out of money? If so, then yes that is a crime. You've deprived them of wealth via criminal dishonesty.

I'm sorry for my english skills. I'll rephrase again:

If you deceive someone into doing something by exploiting their weakness (with your intelligence) be defined as crime?

It those can de categorized as crime then most important question-- how can such crime can be proved to be crime?

Well that depends. If you challenge someone to a bet at a chess match and they lose then fair enough, but if you take advantage of someone by defrauding them then that's a crime. I don't understand the second sentence.

Beautiful thought!
I've accepted challenge  almost 1 year ago. Only problem with camel, knight, elephant etc is all they can see is their square not chess board, not two players, not bet between two players. Nevermind!

Solider deserves solider.
And economic solider deserves economic solider.

inBitweTrust

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:45:17 PM

I started digging it..and now I ultimately think it as psywar waged by developed countries.

This does not follow as the war has already been won by the "developed" countries. They already control the rules and were the gatekeepers before bitcoin was created. All bitcoin does is sidesteps their sovereignty. If you are insinuating that the large stakeholders are part of the wealthy controlling elite furthering their will against the third world you are factually wrong as many of the early bitcoin adopters are Nouveau riche and come from anarchist /libertarian backgrounds. You don't have to use bitcoin if you think the early stakeholders are unfairly from "developed" countries, why don't you create indiacoin and have stakeholders from India adopt it instead?

The beauty of Bitcoin is that it is open source and free. Unlike with fiat, you are free to participate or not, and fork it at any moment you choose to.

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:01:42 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 02:27:30 PM by BTCIndia

I started digging it..and now I ultimately think it as psywar waged by developed countries.

...why don't you create indiacoin and have stakeholders from India adopt it instead?

Creating Indiacoin is not a big deal. Securing network, making people adapt etc are challenges. How can I come up with better marketing than 10,000 coins for pizza? How can I develop different phases and propaganda? How can have resources? How can I have "networking agents"? How am I gonna resist network attack with 100's of pentahash ready to destroy my network.

Its impossible. But, I'm constantly thinking about and seems like I've a solution. Would like to discuss it but couldn't find appropriate place because open brain is vulnerable to distortion. Its okay if my theory, my assumptions all are wrong. I or my people or my country can't afford me to be right.

They say, "resistance is futile."

Marshall McLuhan, the orignal techie, has reminded us, "There is absolytely no inevitability as long as there is willingness to contemplate what is happening."

Just waiting for right place and people!

inBitweTrust

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:09:12 PM

I'm constantly thinking about and seems like I've a solution. Would like to discuss it but couldn't find appropriate place because open brain is vulnerable to distortion.

If you cannot even discuss it than just come back to us when you are confident enough to present your ideas.

"why don't you create indiacoin and have stakeholders from India adopt it instead?"

I or my people or my country can't afford me to be right.

I was hoping that you were going to refute my "Tongue-in-cheek" comment about Indiacoin but it appears you are serious about it. I humbly ask of you to reflect upon your tribalism and nationalism and the harm these instincts create across humanity.

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:20:44 PM

I'm constantly thinking about and seems like I've a solution. Would like to discuss it but couldn't find appropriate place because open brain is vulnerable to distortion.

If you cannot even discuss it than just come back to us when you are confident enough to present your ideas.

"why don't you create indiacoin and have stakeholders from India adopt it instead?"

I or my people or my country can't afford me to be right.

I was hoping that you were going to refute my "Tongue-in-cheek" comment about Indiacoin but it appears you are serious about it. I humbly ask of you to reflect upon your tribalism and nationalism and the harm these instincts create across humanity.

I'm confident enough from long time but what sense its makes. Why am I so much bothered about my country? Finally, I've started reflecting about issues like "nationalism" and "tribalism" with aim of manuring indifference lying somewhere within me.

Chuck debate and hail Bitcoin!
I'm gonna buy few in 2016. I couldn't resist "force of freedom" any more, In fact, I'm willing to give up my freedom now. Almost ready because I've realized core of problem- Education. I'm gonna focus there. 

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:49:16 PM

Freedom is dream and hope, but when you get more freedom, others will have less freedom, unless the space and resource are unlimited

This is especially true for some psychological demand: If everyone want the freedom to dominate the world, then there will be wars everywhere  Grin Grin If everyone want to live without working then there will be no one working

lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:36:09 AM

"Be Excellent to each other"

all problems solved
Ektra

Activity: 137
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:57:57 AM

"Be Excellent to each other"

all problems solved

Station.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 08:32:19 AM

Not having to choose cheaper food, having a car and house, going 2-3 times a year for at least 10 days somewhere, working 6 hours, 5 weekdays. Actually, technology made it already possible for everyone in the world - it's the banksters who fucked us up.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:07:41 AM

Freedom is dream and hope, but when you get more freedom, others will have less freedom, unless the space and resource are unlimited

This is especially true for some psychological demand: If everyone want the freedom to dominate the world, then there will be wars everywhere  Grin Grin If everyone want to live without working then there will be no one working

Definition justifies your signature-Beyond Imagination. It was beautiful definition of Freedom as it helped me think on another tangent. so there is not absolute definition of freedom. Right?

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:10:08 AM

Not having to choose cheaper food, having a car and house, going 2-3 times a year for at least 10 days somewhere, working 6 hours, 5 weekdays. Actually, technology made it already possible for everyone in the world - it's the banksters who fucked us up.

Bankster or greedy human? I see pharmaceuticals equally responsible as banker.

bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 06:29:35 PM

It's about not having to submit personal info to be a part of a global market.

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:43:43 PM

Freedom is the ability to do whatever the hell you want so long as it doesn't physically hurt or criminally deprive anyone else of wealth or property.

That's the socially responsible standard definition of freedom that applies to any area.

There's nothing to be added to this definition in case of financial freedom. Just be able to do what you want with your money without harassment from an authority. That's all.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
cryptogeeknext

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Bitcoin trolls back

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:00:16 PM

Freedom is a choice, but with choice comes responsibility.
That's why there are those who like watching movies and those who like playing games.

On the practical note, there is a project that can contribute greatly towards the freedom of humanity in the future. It's a completely open ISA called RISC-V from Berkeley and a series of open processor designs developed in India called Shakti. Google it. The barriers for entry into hardware design are getting lower, and I thought that bitcoiners might be interested.

there is an element of everything in every thing
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: