Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Euphoria X13 asset backed Buy research chemicals WEBSTORE LIVE  (Read 97060 times)
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:46:04 AM

Dev has impressive profit margins.. Me thinks.

People that buy this crypto might have them as well.

HKBvM

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 08:58:47 AM

Question, if the price ends up going beyond 1500 will the peg go higher?

yes of course, at 1500 peg goes to 2k and at 2k it goes to 3k and at 3k it goes to 5k

and so on and on until we reach the stated 7.8M USD marketcap (1 euph = 0.5GBP). All this is backed by the very same webshop.

Hurray, we have found a new way to endlessly print money  Roll Eyes

Serious question:

Why would you as the owner of the webshop even want to rise the peg? You said you want a stable currency, you can have that at the current peg.
EuphoriaCrypto (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:06:57 AM

yes of course, at 1500 peg goes to 2k and at 2k it goes to 3k and at 3k it goes to 5k

and so on and on until we reach the stated 7.8M USD marketcap (1 euph = 0.5GBP). All this is backed by the very same webshop.

Serious question:

Why would you as the owner of the webshop even want to rise the peg? You said you want a stable currency, you can have that at the current peg.

because it's not only going to be one webstore. We are already talking with other uk retailers about accepting euph and are in discussions with a US retailer about a domestic partnership there. As it stands our premine that we have held will not go very far for using as subsidy with other retailers so they can be guaranteed a stable price and also won't go very far subsidising peoples orders. The lesss euph are spent per order the easier it is for us to be able to use our stash to stabilise the price and the wider we can get adoption.

Think of it like this, if there are 1000 euph to 0.5 gbp then if we have to subsidise an order or another merchants order to the tune of 5 gbp then we need to use 10000 of our premine. If there are 10 then we use 50. The less of our premine we have to use the more we can stabilise and entice other retailers to take the opportunity to spread to a wider audience.

Look I appreciate that 0.5 is a very ambitious target but you have to aim high and see where you can go in life.
smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:11:17 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 09:25:23 AM by smalltimer

"Current price peg on our store    1EUPH:1500SAT" (from OP)

you can not call your coin 'asset backed' if you change the purchasing power of the coins in regards of your products. What you do here is just sell your products for crypto. Plain and simple and nothing fancy. Do you know coinpayments.com?
Since when can a coin that is just accepted by a merchant claim it would be backed by that goods? Check your vocabs to avoid confusion.
This coin just comes with a shop and that's it. No real 'backing' of any sort takes place.

The case would be a different one if you would go ahead and say 'this product xy will ALWAYS no matter what happens cost the same amount of coins' but the moment you do that trading the coin becomes senseless but you'd have a stable (and trust based) crypto.

Oh, the asset backing  Roll Eyes

This coin is not and probably never will be "asset backed". Calling it so is misleading.

please correct in the OP and party on.
EuphoriaCrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:28:00 AM

"Current price peg on our store    1EUPH:1500SAT" (from OP)

you can not call your coin 'asset backed' if you change the purchasing power of the coins in regards of your products. What you do here is just sell your products for crypto. Plain and simple and nothing fancy. Do you know coinpayments.com?
Since when can a coin that is just accepted by a merchant claim it would be backed by that goods? Check your vocabs to avoid confusion.
This coin just comes with a shop and that's it. No real 'backing' of any sort takes place.

The case would be a different one if you would go ahead and say 'this product xy will ALWAYS no matter what happens cost the same amount of coins' but the moment you do that trading the coin becomes senseless but you'd have a stable (and trust based) crypto.

Oh, the asset backing  Roll Eyes

please correct in the OP and party on. This coin is not and probably never will be "asset backed".

because we are offering you a stable price on the product independent of exchange volatility the coin is a derivative of the asset (chems). We are not selling our product for crypto plain and simple because we are offering you a guranteed rate independant of exchange volatility. we are backing your purchase with our asset by taking a loss against exchange and using our premine to stabilise that. The coin becomes a derivative of our stock. The fact is it is not possible when a coin is simply a week old without wider adoption and support to have a once and final rate. We need to do it in increments.
smalltimer

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:32:38 AM

because we are offering you a stable price on the product independent of exchange volatility the coin is a derivative of the asset (chems). We are not selling our product for crypto plain and simple because we are offering you a guranteed rate independant of exchange volatility. we are backing your purchase with our asset by taking a loss against exchange and using our premine to stabilise that. The coin becomes a derivative of our stock. The fact is it is not possible when a coin is simply a week old without wider adoption and support to have a once and final rate. We need to do it in increments.

interesting concept. Did you think about the fact that when you are offering a guaranteed rate better than exchange on free market in the long run you will not be able to sustain that because it would also mean you pay out of your own pocket for the costs of running the network, right?

You will in the long run be short by 4% a year (the pos inflation)

To keep it up you need to guarantee a rate at least 4% below exchange price at exchanges. But you're dominated by the volatility in any case.
EuphoriaCrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:37:04 AM

interesting concept. Did you think about the fact that when you are offering a guaranteed rate better than exchange on free market in the long run you will not be able to sustain that because it would also mean you pay out of your own pocket for the costs of running the network, right?

You will in the long run be short by 4% a year (the pos inflation)

well, our margins are considerably more than 4% and our paypal fees for fiat are well over 2%. If it means we get into a wider audience and more customers then the small loss is more than acceptable.
smalltimer

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:40:28 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 09:55:03 AM by smalltimer

you say "we are offering you a guranteed rate independant of exchange volatility."

i do not believe that. Please do if you can but i think 1 year from now the rate will be very different than it is today. (up or down i don't know)

If you have enough products to purchase back all the coins and are prepared to do so that might be a completely different story.

In the long run to uphold a price peg better than exchange rate on the exchanges you'd need to have a good profit margin in your products but you likely have that.

Well, watching Wink Good luck with the experiment then.

watch out for speculative bubbles though, because they can cost you big money (once they pop). You'd need to care to not hold your own coins in any great quantity in that kind of situation.  But can still work out if you after selling products immediately convert the coins to fiat or btc.

Oh the price peg.
You'd need to be pumped and dumped a few times to see how reliable you can peg the price.  Wink
EuphoriaCrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:55:02 AM

you say "we are offering you a guranteed rate independant of exchange volatility."

i do not believe that. Please do if you can but i think 1 year from now the rate will be very different than it is today. (up or down i don't know)

If you have enough products to purchase back all the coins and are prepared to do so that might be a completely different story.

In the long run to uphold a price peg better than exchange rate on the exchanges you'd need to have a good profit margin in your products but you likely have that.

Well, watching Wink Good luck with the experiment then.

watch out for speculative bubbles though, because they can cost you big money.

anyone in crypto knows well that nothing is guaranteed. Fully appreciate that. However we have to play around with concepts around crypto and its use to move it forwards. I love crypto and I think its possibilities are huge and we are trying to create a use case for it here and some kind of stabilisation in what is a volatile world. Volatility is both the bane and beauty of crypto. It creates profit (and loss) opportunities for traders and also creates issues with adoption for merchants who want a stable price. Coinbase did a great job of doing instant fiat conversion for merchants. We are trying to do the opposite and protect the purchaser from volatility by guaranteed price and merchant with premine. RC merchants have good profit margins and don't mind taking a little less profit to extend the base to new customers, just not too much. Can I guarantee you 100% it will work and we will achieve our aims? of course not I am not stupid and understand the risks of crypto and not going to try and bravado it out to say we are the messiahs of adoption and can do anything. What I can say is that we have thought the plan through very carefully done the maths and will do our utmost to get where we want to be.
smalltimer

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:58:26 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 10:12:22 AM by smalltimer

anyone in crypto knows well that nothing is guaranteed. Fully appreciate that. However we have to play around with concepts around crypto and its use to move it forwards. I love crypto and I think its possibilities are huge and we are trying to create a use case for it here and some kind of stabilisation in what is a volatile world. Volatility is both the bane and beauty of crypto. It creates profit (and loss) opportunities for traders and also creates issues with adoption for merchants who want a stable price. Coinbase did a great job of doing instant fiat conversion for merchants. We are trying to do the opposite and protect the purchaser from volatility by guaranteed price and merchant with premine. RC merchants have good profit margins and don't mind taking a little less profit to extend the base to new customers, just not too much. Can I guarantee you 100% it will work and we will achieve our aims? of course not I am not stupid and understand the risks of crypto and not going to try and bravado it out to say we are the messiahs of adoption and can do anything. What I can say is that we have thought the plan through very carefully done the maths and will do our utmost to get where we want to be.

Sounds ok to me. Good luck with the experiment then Wink

edit:
well, i thought about it. If you can uphold that peg even during and after bubbles in the long run the coin will gravitate towards the peg-value on the open exchanges. That will take a few months but if you manage to survive and uphold the peg the coin will be roughly at the value of the peg in the long run.

this is a very interesting experiment
neo666

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:06:45 AM

Just keep up the good work, stay dedicated to project, succed will follow  Wink
ps. any new rewiews from orders? Smiley
cheers
HKBvM

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:09:25 AM

Serious question:

because it's not only going to be one webstore. We are already talking with other uk retailers about accepting euph and are in discussions with a US retailer about a domestic partnership there. As it stands our premine that we have held will not go very far for using as subsidy with other retailers so they can be guaranteed a stable price and also won't go very far subsidising peoples orders. The lesss euph are spent per order the easier it is for us to be able to use our stash to stabilise the price and the wider we can get adoption.

Think of it like this, if there are 1000 euph to 0.5 gbp then if we have to subsidise an order or another merchants order to the tune of 5 gbp then we need to use 10000 of our premine. If there are 10 then we use 50. The less of our premine we have to use the more we can stabilise and entice other retailers to take the opportunity to spread to a wider audience.

Look I appreciate that 0.5 is a very ambitious target but you have to aim high and see where you can go in life.

and all of a sudden it is not just a webshop, but a bunch of retailers, a us retailer and so on. Did I miss that somewhere earlier?

premine: That simply doesnt work. If you subsidy with euph, those euph will be dumped on the market by the retailers, which will put pressure on the exchange rate, which will in turn generate losses on every sale you make as you are guaranteeing a higher rate via your webshop. To subsidy with the premine you need to sell it, which you cant because you are guaranteeing the (minimum) exchange rate. Do I miss somthing here?

thedok

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:17:11 AM

Gonna end in tears Cry
smalltimer

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:19:08 AM

and all of a sudden it is not just a webshop, but a bunch of retailers, a us retailer and so on. Did I miss that somewhere earlier?

premine: That simply doesnt work. If you subsidy with euph, those euph will be dumped on the market by the retailers, which will put pressure on the exchange rate, which will in turn generate losses on every sale you make as you are guaranteeing a higher rate via your webshop. To subsidy with the premine you need to sell it, which you cant because you are guaranteeing the (minimum) exchange rate. Do I miss somthing here?

he doesn't 'dump' them of course but he is greatly dependant on the demand for the coin. Buying the coin will be equivalent of buying vouchers for the products. If it is planned to have more than one merchant accept the coin the whole game would shift a lot and many things would need to be reevaluated. I think with only 1 shop this can maybe work but competing merchants in the same coin could end up being a problem for the peg (or the profits).
EuphoriaCrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:21:09 AM

Serious question:

clearly you did miss that earlier yup. Already posted that we have been in talks with other retailers.
HKBvM

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:23:22 AM

Serious question:

clearly you did miss that earlier yup. Already posted that we have been in talks with other retailers.

ok, sorry for that. can you answer the premine question?

Oh, and I apprectiate the answers, usually someone is yelling just "fud"
HKBvM

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:26:52 AM

he doesn't 'dump' them of course but he is greatly dependant on the demand for the coin. Buying the coin will be equivalent of buying vouchers for the products. If it is planned to have more than one merchant accept the coin the whole game would shift a lot and many things would need to be reevaluated. I think with only 1 shop this can maybe work but competing merchants in the same coin could end up being a problem for the peg (or the profits).

no, but the retailers he wants to subsidy with euph surely will. Unless I missunderstood the concept.
smalltimer

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:29:29 AM

i would recommend to ensure a chance for success to get other retailers not in on it before a certain time has past (initial speculation). If you want this to survive make it with one shop at first and put others into the system months later because that ads a lot complexity. Also do not hype this. Hype will kill it  Grin

With the peg (if it is real and genuine/legit) you basically protect the investors from downward abyss but also put a ceiling on the price kind of.
EuphoriaCrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:31:17 AM

Serious question:

ok, sorry for that. can you answer the premine question?

Oh, and I apprectiate the answers, usually someone is yelling just "fud"

Sure. Of course the euph will be sold on exchange by retailers but there is always sells and buys. As long as the amount of people who want to buy chems is increasing not decreasing, once POW is finished buy support will out strip sell support. One of the advantages of having an industry specific coin like this over bitcoin is that demand can outstrip supply a lot easier. People need to purchase euph to purchase the chems. Most chems retailers don't accept credit / debit cards and use WU moneypaks or bank transfer. Euph will make it much quicker and easier to purchase your chems.

If adoption goes as we hope it will then buy support should be good. We need to get POW finished before we can get any sense of stability here but once that is done I believe we can get buy support to be strong. A lot of people in crypto are into chemical research and the market is a natural fit. The broader we can get merchants to accept chems then the better buy support will be, so although merchants will be selling on exchange people will also be buying.

Believe it or not there are quite a few chems retailers on this site already, bitcoin is popular in the chems business and we have had contact from quite a few on here alone who are interested in getting involved in the project.
EuphoriaCrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:34:34 AM

sorry just to add. The retailers we are talking to will not expect to get full fiat value in euph. Their margins on product are already very good and if they can reach new customer base by taking less for their product but still make profit they will.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: