Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:07:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CentiMine] Anonymous mini-mining contracts on GLBSE (CM400) - Final payout!  (Read 11182 times)
CentiMine (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 08:35:53 PM

No, it is not too late - you can still buy quite a few shares on GLBSE.

As a start I'd recommend you to create an account on GLBSE and transfer some funds on it. There is a commandline client and a new web interface available for this.
After having a confirmed balance, you can buy shares at 1 Bitcent each (sometimes cheaper, if some of the current shareholders decide to sell for less than the original price).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 03:56:16 AM

A update for the web client is coming later today.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
josell

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 01:34:40 AM

When will be the next "big" payount?
Nefario

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 02:34:43 AM

On a related note, the web client now shows what assets dividend payments are from.

Nefario.

Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:00:12 AM

Is this operation still goin on?
Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 09:00:57 AM

Well the owner has just added their information to http://companies.herokuapp.com  http://companies.herokuapp.com/company/14

brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 12:20:35 AM

I can't believe people are still buying this for 1 bitcent when the mining contract is about to/has already expired. Do any holders want to lend me some some stock for a short? I'll pay 1% interest per month plus dividends on them.

Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 09:49:57 AM

I thought the same and wondered if I had missed something.

Maybe Centimine is buying back?

I can't believe people are still buying this for 1 bitcent when the mining contract is about to/has already expired. Do any holders want to lend me some some stock for a short? I'll pay 1% interest per month plus dividends on them.
CentiMine (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 12:19:18 PM

No, you'll all be scammed, muhahahahahaha!  Cool

Just kidding, yes, tomorrow I'll wrap the whole thing up and pay out the remaining 281.06 + 1.32 = 282.38 BTC to the shareholders.
If you want a part of this dividend, you better hurry and BUY BUY BUY.

Hopefully everything works out as planned, as Nefario seems to re-do big parts of GLBSE currently, but I'm confident that any issues can be resolved as quickly as in the past.
Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 02:57:05 PM

No, you'll all be scammed, muhahahahahaha!  Cool

Just kidding, yes, tomorrow I'll wrap the whole thing up and pay out the remaining 281.06 + 1.32 = 282.38 BTC to the shareholders.
If you want a part of this dividend, you better hurry and BUY BUY BUY.

Hopefully everything works out as planned, as Nefario seems to re-do big parts of GLBSE currently, but I'm confident that any issues can be resolved as quickly as in the past.

There won't be any issues, I've done enough testing with this basy that I can get FDA approval(fingers crossed), but don't worry as centimine said any issues and I'll be all over it.

On a slightly related note, I could like to thank centimine for the work that was put into this share and for being one of the early adopters of the exchange, I think that at the time it was a bold step to take.

Nefario

shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 01:03:21 AM

well, lets see what happens when I buy 500 shares then. Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:34:03 PM

Is centimine over after this or are you starting again? If I bought shares and its over who would I sell them to after I get the dividend?  Huh Huh
Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 08:04:01 PM

Is centimine over after this or are you starting again? If I bought shares and its over who would I sell them to after I get the dividend?  Huh Huh

Anyone who wants to buy them, but I couldn't imagine anyone dumb enough to do that since they would be worthless. And I think the ability to read, write, user computers, the internet, and to have even heard about what bitcoin is, never mind a stock market that trades only using bitcoin eliminates that possibility.

Sorry, I don't mean to be snarky but I've just discovered the Archer TV series and have watched an episode, its so good.

Bitcoin Swami

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 09:05:20 PM

Anyone who wants to buy them, but I couldn't imagine anyone dumb enough to do that since they would be worthless. And I think the ability to read, write, user computers, the internet, and to have even heard about what bitcoin is, never mind a stock market that trades only using bitcoin eliminates that possibility.

Sorry, I don't mean to be snarky but I've just discovered the Archer TV series and have watched an episode, its so good.

thanks thats what I thought. 
shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 09:55:36 PM

so did the dividend payout yet? Thats the big question.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
brendio

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 11:43:48 AM

... I couldn't imagine anyone dumb enough to do that since they would be worthless...
I don't know about that. I see some for sale now for 0.01 bitcents and I'm prepared to bet a bitcent that someone will come along an buy them, seeing they are a bargain after the share price falling 99%.

brendio

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 12:02:09 PM

... I couldn't imagine anyone dumb enough to do that since they would be worthless...
I don't know about that. I see some for sale now for 0.01 bitcents and I'm prepared to bet a bitcent that someone will come along an buy them, seeing they are a bargain after the share price falling 99%.
In fact, I see I am now the owner of 3 shares, after one of my outstanding orders in the orderbook got filled after the dividend was paid out.

Nefario, can an asset holder issue a command to clear all orders before an event that materially effects the value of an asset (like what happens on real stock exchanges)?

Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 01:43:19 PM

In fact, I see I am now the owner of 3 shares, after one of my outstanding orders in the orderbook got filled after the dividend was paid out.

Nefario, can an asset holder issue a command to clear all orders before an event that materially effects the value of an asset (like what happens on real stock exchanges)?

I could probably add this functionality.

The problem is not with adding it to the server, the difficulty is changing the user interface for the web client or the python client libraries.

CentiMine (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 11:55:31 AM

I could start it again with a new contract, but right now I don't have the time nor the motivation. This contract here is over, as it was stated from the beginning on in the contract itself.

After all ~10% of the IPO was sold (I still have 36102 out of 40k shares) but I'm unsure what the reason for this is/was and if this is good or bad. The price surely wasn't as attractive as it could have been, GLBSE was in the beginning also only accessible via command line tools (now there's a great webtool, check it out!) and I also did not really advertise a lot (if at all).

At least I can say that I tried to be as transparent as possible, when taking a look at other GLBSE "companies" I'm sure there's a little bit of my influence there, as many at least provide a balance sheet now for example.

As your shares are now worthless, they only have collectible value.
I'd really love to just be able to destroy them, but that's up to Nefario I think - and maybe someone even wants to keep them for whatever reason?

Maybe I'll set up some other things (creating a fund for bot trading or GLBSE trading would be very interesting!) in the future or some options where people can sell their mining power (mine a mining share and receive a fixed amount of BTC on GLBSE for this, similar to PPS - but with "laundered" Bitcoins directly on GLBSE using them as payment processor).

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
brendio

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 01:25:20 PM

I think the problem was that if anyone did the maths, they could see from the start that the contract would be unprofitable. I know I was very excited about this share in the beginning until I did some calculations about the expected payout. Maybe you were unlucky with your timing coinciding near the spike in the BTC price after you had "cashed out" your bitcoin to buy the contract with the provider. Plus, the large increase in difficulty certainly didn't help your cause.

Even in USD, I think the contract would have been unprofitable. I'm not sure what you paid for the contract. $840 was mentioned by one poster earlier in the thread. The total generation for the 3 months according to your spreadsheet was 44.42 BTC. The 30 day VWAP for bitcoin is around US$10 (not sure if the 90 d value would be much higher), so if you sold them as you earned them, you would have made about $444, which is a loss of about $400. In contrast, $840 on May 18 could have bought 118 BTC at $7.19, which would now be worth $1062 at an exchange rate of $9/BTC.

That said, it was good to watch a pioneer in action while GLBSE was still forming and future traders and promoters can learn some valuable lessons from this experience.

Enjoy a break! But you have built up some trust and gained some experience that I think you could capitalise on in a future venture, should you choose to do so, so I do hope you'll be back some time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: