Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:54:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CentiMine] Anonymous mini-mining contracts on GLBSE (CM400) - Final payout!  (Read 11181 times)
CentiMine (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 02:01:54 PM

I agree, I also did not make a profit compared to buying bitcoins directly at that time (which would have returned ~100 BTC instead of 44.42 - my final gain is a bit higher due to the fact that shares were also not paid the full amount they were sold for as you can calculate)

Yes, the whole thing was rather designed to test out GLBSE, allow people to calculate their risks and do a proper assessment of their investments and also to allow them to easily get in. The 1 BTC/share that others asked for virtually NOTHING guaranteed or calculable was always something that I disliked.

I myself yould probably have come to the same conclusion as you (not profitable) - maybe not right from the beginning on , but after the first few unfortunate difficulty increases.

I however also wanted to make sure that my shareholders will NOT loose a big part of their investment, even after it looked quite clear to me, that this is going to end up in a loss - IMHO it's ok if you invest a few bucks in something risky to also loose some of them - it would however not have been fair of me to sell the shares at 1 Bitcent but not offer this 250 BTC refund because then I would have ended up WAY ahead of everyone else and nearly doubled my outcome just by selling these 10% of the IPO. I could have done more advertisement in hindsight though...

I already have a few ideas how to use GLBSE as a pool payment processor and this is also something that would require far less weekly attention + maintenance (don't underestimate this!), maybe you'll hear from me in the future and I'll really claim my ticker symbol (when the share was issued, you couldn't issue subtickers).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 02:59:24 PM

I already have a few ideas how to use GLBSE as a pool payment processor and this is also something that would require far less weekly attention + maintenance (don't underestimate this!), maybe you'll hear from me in the future and I'll really claim my ticker symbol (when the share was issued, you couldn't issue subtickers).

Have a look at glibse, the python glbse client library, it's quite easy to use, we now have direct account to account transfers for bitcoin(again with glibse not webclient ATM), you'd certainly be able to use it as a pool payment service.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: