Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:20:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPoolMonitor 4.2-monitors most pools, idle worker notification, blockchain.info  (Read 100786 times)
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:34:52 AM

Hello Mdude77 i'm trying you program, i'm using 50Btc pool, your program make a little mistake, the hash rate is reported in Gh/s, but my mining hardware produce Mh/s, and this happens only with 50btc, if i use my mining hardware on others pools (like Bitminter, BtcGuild or Slush) the Hash rate is reported correctly.

The problem is only on the two big top entry-field where is reported the total hash rate of the pool and of all the pool you are using, in the worker grid the hash rate is reportetd correctly.

Good job indeed !

Hmm, thanks for the feedback.  That's odd because I tested every pool not that long ago to make sure everything was working right.  I'll have to look again.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:47:14 AM

Hello Mdude77 i'm trying you program, i'm using 50Btc pool, your program make a little mistake, the hash rate is reported in Gh/s, but my mining hardware produce Mh/s, and this happens only with 50btc, if i use my mining hardware on others pools (like Bitminter, BtcGuild or Slush) the Hash rate is reported correctly.

The problem is only on the two big top entry-field where is reported the total hash rate of the pool and of all the pool you are using, in the worker grid the hash rate is reportetd correctly.

Good job indeed !

Hmm, thanks for the feedback.  That's odd because I tested every pool not that long ago to make sure everything was working right.  I'll have to look again.

M

If you need i can send you a screen shot where you can see exactly the situation.

Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:45:15 AM

Look, I'm fresh off the bankster dependency boat.  I'm trying to use M's Pool Monitor v2.8 for a Bitminter account, and I'm not getting things to work.

I'm using Windows Vista and trying to get an Eruptor to work.

I have 3 questions:

1.  In the MPoolMonitor, What do each of the 'Configure' fields mean/do?

(I have assumed answers in [brackets], if that helps any) (I highlighted maybe the most critical question marks in blue, too.)

-Server Name: [mint.bitminter.com:8332]Huh
-Server Port: [8332]Huh
-Password: [(password in Bitminter account, right?)]
-Use SSL [??]
-From Name:  [??]
-From Address:  [??]

-Name:  [Just my own title, for email, right?]
-Address: [My alert email address Monitor will send it to?]
-Subject: [My message?]

Also, it says, "Check API Key", but it looks like my key is fine from BitMinter?

--

My computer doesn't seem to know there's an Eruptor there!  (I said I was fresh off the boat.  Oh, how embarrassing.)

I did find my way to a pdf from Silicon Labs entitled, "Serial Communications Guide for the CP210x."  In the olden days, I did program in some languages, but I don't even know the programming language they are using much less what software app to use to enter it in, etc.  Do I even need to mess with that with my Eruptor plugged into my USB port?  The driver was supposedly downloaded successfully, but the Eruptor doesn't seem to show up as a new drive/device or anything.  I tried with 2 Eruptors from two different sources, BTW.

I guess Question #2 is:  How do I get my Eruptor to work?!!  :-)

--

As for MPoolMonitor's configuration, in the Readme, it says, "Configuration is stored in the registry at HKCU\Software\MMiningMonitor."  I totally don't get where that address alludes to, but I assume somewhere in my computer or on the Internet is a file I can read with an editor (Notepad) to manually change the config.

Where/what is "HKCU\Software\MMiningMonitor" referring to?

-----

I am reading through the rest of this thread, now, too....Getting caught up with it, to see if my questions were already answered, but I didn't see them upon quick review.

--

Thank you!

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

cesmak
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 07:46:04 AM

1.  In the MPoolMonitor, What do each of the 'Configure' fields mean/do?

(I have assumed answers in [brackets], if that helps any) (I highlighted maybe the most critical question marks in blue, too.)

-Server Name: [mint.bitminter.com:8332]Huh
-Server Port: [8332]Huh
-Password: [(password in Bitminter account, right?)]
-Use SSL [??]
-From Name:  [??]
-From Address:  [??]

-Name:  [Just my own title, for email, right?]
-Address: [My alert email address Monitor will send it to?]
-Subject: [My message?]

Also, it says, "Check API Key", but it looks like my key is fine from BitMinter?

--

My computer doesn't seem to know there's an Eruptor there!  (I said I was fresh off the boat.  Oh, how embarrassing.)

I did find my way to a pdf from Silicon Labs entitled, "Serial Communications Guide for the CP210x."  In the olden days, I did program in some languages, but I don't even know the programming language they are using much less what software app to use to enter it in, etc.  Do I even need to mess with that with my Eruptor plugged into my USB port?  The driver was supposedly downloaded successfully, but the Eruptor doesn't seem to show up as a new drive/device or anything.  I tried with 2 Eruptors from two different sources, BTW.

I guess Question #2 is:  How do I get my Eruptor to work?!!  :-)

--

As for MPoolMonitor's configuration, in the Readme, it says, "Configuration is stored in the registry at HKCU\Software\MMiningMonitor."  I totally don't get where that address alludes to, but I assume somewhere in my computer or on the Internet is a file I can read with an editor (Notepad) to manually change the config.

Where/what is "HKCU\Software\MMiningMonitor" referring to?

-----

I am reading through the rest of this thread, now, too....Getting caught up with it, to see if my questions were already answered, but I didn't see them upon quick review.

--

Thank you!

Point 1) the configuration page you are looking is to insert info to receive alert via email if your hardware fail to zero mining. so server and port are for the smtp account you will use to receive the alert, and so the rest, user name (for mail) and password (for mail) the only thing you have to setup to receive the stats is the api key (to retrieve from bitminter site, remember you have to raise your donation fees to enable api key, look in perks...) and to paste in the "bitminter" tab of the setting page.

Point 2) Usb eruptor normaly need a winusb driver (google for zadic and you will find the software that permit you to install this kind of drivers, after that you need a mining software, you can use the official bitminter java client (very simple to setup) or something more sophisticated, like cgminer

Point 3) Normaly you don't have nothing to do with the config key in windows registry, if you compile correctly all the info on the setting page, all is done.

Cheers

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 12:29:03 PM

Dont even touch mpoolmonitor until you get cgminer working.

Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:47:58 AM

You guys are great, especially Mdude77 for setting this up!  Thank you!

I know what my homework is, now....Maybe I'll be back here once I've done my part....

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

cesmak
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:20:26 AM

You guys are great, especially Mdude77 for setting this up!  Thank you!

I know what my homework is, now....Maybe I'll be back here once I've done my part....

You are wellcome !!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:20:03 AM

Haven't actually looked at your program, but I did something similar for slush just as a personal project, and included a general network statistics section from blockchain.info API.  It might be cool to show the entire network speed, difficulty, expected difficulty jump, etc.  Here's what I have on my little php script:

Using (blockHeight - (blockHeight Mod 2016)) to grab the last difficulty change block, i can extrapolate from that and timestamps to determine how much faster the network is going than the target expects it to. 

Just a thought.
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:02:32 AM

Haven't actually looked at your program, but I did something similar for slush just as a personal project, and included a general network statistics section from blockchain.info API.  It might be cool to show the entire network speed, difficulty, expected difficulty jump, etc.  Here's what I have on my little php script:

Using (blockHeight - (blockHeight Mod 2016)) to grab the last difficulty change block, i can extrapolate from that and timestamps to determine how much faster the network is going than the target expects it to. 

Just a thought.

I've been wanting to add that info, I just didn't know where to get it.  Thanks!

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
TheBird956

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:06:37 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 04:42:53 AM by TheBird956

I have an error Sad

It says PJ:API ERROR2 and sometime just PJ:API ERROR

I am using BitMinter as the pool

EDIT: I disabled the option "Store DB Stats", and it works, but the auto-refresh does not work.
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:14:24 AM

I have an error Sad

It says PJ:API ERROR2 and sometime just PJ:API ERROR

I am using BitMinter as the pool

EDIT: I disabled the option "Store DB Stats", and it works, but the auto-refresh does not work.

I think one cause of that happening is when you have the 64-bit version of office on your machine.  Another cause is if you didn't enable the API perk on Bitminter.

M

TheBird956

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:50:16 PM

I verified the API key and it is working.

But why could Office do that?
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:37:22 PM

I verified the API key and it is working.

But why could Office do that?

I coded it with 32-bit Access on my machine.  I've seen this problem before with 64-bit Access.  I'm not sure why the issue exists, and as long as I don't have both versions, I'm not sure how to fix it.

M

coinviking

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:11:23 PM

Do you support bitparking? They currently merge mine five different currencies.
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:29:37 PM

Do you support bitparking? They currently merge mine five different currencies.

I don't believe so.  I believe it's on the list.

M

jddebug

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 05:04:19 AM

I'm having troubles getting the email feature working. What do I use in each blank if I'm wanting to use gmail servers?

Thanks
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 11:11:27 PM

This app is so awesome Cheesy

I'm going to set up a small pc just for this little app saves me having to run to the basement to check on the stats of the miners.
Transcend

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:36:06 PM

I like this tool. It is great. With bitminter the store DB stats does not work. But for the rest it is great.
ct1aic

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:14:52 PM

I like this tool. It is great. With bitminter the store DB stats does not work. But for the rest it is great.
Same for me. I can't store DB stats or MPoolMonitor gives me "PJ:API ERROR".

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:31:36 PM

Same for me. I can't store DB stats or MPoolMonitor gives me "PJ:API ERROR".

do you have the x64 version of office or x86 (32-bit)?  I'm pretty sure it doesn't work properly with 64-bit access.

M

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: