Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MarginBot - A Bitfinex Margin Lending Management Bot  (Read 45868 times)
deponzit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:50:07 PM

I've updated my fork to ignore the FRR offers on the offerbook. This will let it place offers above the FRR, as FRR offers are bypassed for fixed-rate loans. Result of this should mean taking advantage of higher loan rates when rates are climbing above the FRR.

Latest version can always be found at:
https://github.com/deponzit/MarginBot

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 05:23:18 PM

I've updated my fork to ignore the FRR offers on the offerbook. This will let it place offers above the FRR, as FRR offers are bypassed for fixed-rate loans. Result of this should mean taking advantage of higher loan rates when rates are climbing above the FRR.

Please note, I mean no disrespect and I could be completely off the mark here but, has anyone checked this code to make sure it isn't malicious?  Or is there really anything that could be stolen by only knowing my API code?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
deponzit

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:46:36 PM

Please note, I mean no disrespect and I could be completely off the mark here but, has anyone checked this code to make sure it isn't malicious?  Or is there really anything that could be stolen by only knowing my API code?

No disrespect taken, and thanks for the interest. That link goes straight to the source code, so feel free to scope it out yourself. The core of it is unchanged from the original version. If someone got ahold of your API keys, they could potentially make some bad trades, but they can't withdraw any of your funds. You can read about Bitfinex's API here: https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/api. I still keep my bot behind a password protected folder on my web server, though it's probably not necessary. If you decide to do the same I've included some code in the crons folder to get your cronjobs to authenticate.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:37:52 AM

No disrespect taken, and thanks for the interest. That link goes straight to the source code, so feel free to scope it out yourself. The core of it is unchanged from the original version. If someone got ahold of your API keys, they could potentially make some bad trades, but they can't withdraw any of your funds. You can read about Bitfinex's API here: https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/api. I still keep my bot behind a password protected folder on my web server, though it's probably not necessary. If you decide to do the same I've included some code in the crons folder to get your cronjobs to authenticate.

I appreciate your reply, goes a long way to instilling confidence.

deponzit

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:55:00 PM

It seems that when using 000webhost.com, the cronjobs are not exactly reliable. Not a big surprise for a free webhost. To counter this, I've pushed some changes that will allow you to run the cronjobs every 5 mins if you so choose. The bot will only run on accounts that were missed last attempt, so it still won't run more than once every 10 mins on any account.

Updating is only necessary if you've been seeing the 10 minute cronjob skipping any users that it shouldn't be. You can check this by looking at your CronRuns table.

bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:20:27 PM

It seems that when using 000webhost.com, the cronjobs are not exactly reliable. Not a big surprise for a free webhost. To counter this, I've pushed some changes that will allow you to run the cronjobs every 5 mins if you so choose. The bot will only run on accounts that were missed last attempt, so it still won't run more than once every 10 mins on any account.

Updating is only necessary if you've been seeing the 10 minute cronjob skipping any users that it shouldn't be. You can check this by looking at your CronRuns table.

000webhost.com, so you are using a free webhost? Oo I really don't think that is a good idea except you only have playmoney you use on bitfinex.

If your money is withdrawn then who was it? A hacker, an employee of simply someone on the same server who could access your webhosting with a simple trick?

Sounds way too risky for reasonable amounts.
deponzit

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:59:39 PM

000webhost.com, so you are using a free webhost? Oo I really don't think that is a good idea except you only have playmoney you use on bitfinex.

If your money is withdrawn then who was it? A hacker, an employee of simply someone on the same server who could access your webhosting with a simple trick?

Sounds way too risky for reasonable amounts.

I wanted to get it working on a free host. I am no longer using them. Regardless, if a hacker/employee/whatever snooped on my files, the worst they could do using the API is lend my money out at low rates. The API does not allow withdrawals, or even transferring balances between wallets (https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/api).
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:31:13 AM

Getting this error...
Warning: json_encode() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in /home/a7180419/public_html/MarginBot/inc/ExchangeAPIs/bitfinex.php on line 98
on step 2 of the install.  Any ideas whats going on?

deponzit

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:35:44 PM

Getting this error...
Warning: json_encode() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in /home/a7180419/public_html/MarginBot/inc/ExchangeAPIs/bitfinex.php on line 98
on step 2 of the install.  Any ideas whats going on?

It's fixed in my version Wink
But if you want to fix it yourself, here's how:

Change the code "json_encode($req, true)" to "json_encode($req)" - This appears twice in bitfinex.php
And/or turn error reporting down, by replacing "error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);" at the top of index.php with "error_reporting(E_ERROR);"

Explanation:
json_encode was changed to accept a second parameter in PHP 5.3, so you're likely using a version of PHP older than that which only supports the one. Editing out the "true" here won't break anything. The parameter is actually wrong, anyway, as that is supposed to be an integer.

As for the error reporting, unfortunately the original code actually has quite a few warnings and notices, so the change I listed will only stop execution on actual errors.
PRab

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 10:46:55 PM

Glanced at deponzit's code (diff) and didn't see any glaringly evil so I'm running that code now. Please don't consider this a full audit or anything. Overall it appears to be working, but it is a bit odd that you need multiple accounts to setup lending multiple currencies. Not a big deal, but a bit unintuitive.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 06:39:44 PM

Anything like this for Poloniex?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
HowardF (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

I do Stuff, and stuff.....

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:13:12 PM

Wow, I go away a couple weeks and my old bot goes crazy...  Roll Eyes

Anyways, thanks deponzit for all the updates and tweaks.  A lot of these things are stuff I had been planning to work on, and in fact have in my private install, but never got around to rolling back into the core code.

I took a look at all the diffs in your branch and can vouch for anyone curious, he's not doing anything malicious, so his code is certainly safe to use.

I will mention, running on older versions of PHP is a BAD idea.  There are numerous reasons this is so, but for simplicity sake lets just say if you are running code that manages actual finances on anything older than PHP 5.3, just.... don't.  Upgrade... its easy, and its worth it.

I would also mention that I actually originally had BTC and LTC working in marginbot, but I removed them a while ago, when doing an update.  The reasons are described better in a discussion earlier in this post ( as well as here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=229438.msg9739115#msg9739115 ), but basically, it wasn't worth my time to build the UI because the return rates on BTC /LTC are so terribly low in general that you would do better to cash them out and put the money in a low interest savings account.  The only reasonable way to lend on bitfinex is in USD (unless you really still believe BTC To the moon!!1 ┗(°0°)┛ o    ) .  Of course with USD rates dipping below .02, I guess the argument could be made there now too....

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 05:54:00 PM

Thanks for vouching for his copy, I hadn't tried it yet because I was nervous.  I just don't like risking these things.  I had tried to use the free webhosting from 000webhost like he had mentioned earlier, but it seems like it didn't have the correct version of PHP or something?  IDK what was going on.

Can you recommend a host to run this on?  Are you planning to add some of the features that deponzit made into your original bot?

HowardF (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

I do Stuff, and stuff.....

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:30:09 PM

I imagine the free webhost was probably running an older version of PHP that was causing the errors.  I generally don't worry about writing code to support anything before 5.3 anymore because of security issues with older versions.  I know I've helped a couple of people set up accounts on Godaddy that work fine.  Not my favorite host in the world, but I can confirm they do work.

As for updating my version of the bot, I may do it at some point in the future, but I don't have any time right now unfortunately.  If you're interested in lending BTC/LTC, I'd just use deponzits version at this point.  If I make any future updates to my version, I'll probably try to merge his updates back into mine, or somehow work to make them compatible.

Investacoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:36:03 PM

If you are looking for a BitFinex margin lending bot, you should  consider BFX Swapmaster. http://www.bfxswapmaster.com
It's a windows application that runs in a background, supports all currencies and several strategies. More strategies will be added soon.
There is a free version to play with.
Disclaimer: I'm a developer
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:10:22 PM

Yeah, closed source, paid subscription model and Windows only (do you expect me to run a Windows machine 24/7 for this?!) - also advertising in threads of other projects! Angry

I think I'll pass on that...

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 10:35:23 PM

Yeah, closed source, paid subscription model and Windows only (do you expect me to run a Windows machine 24/7 for this?!) - also advertising in threads of other projects! Angry

I think I'll pass on that...

Are you sure you mean this bot here? This bot is free, open source, since php, and it can be run on any machine that can run a webhosting software.

And advertising makes no sense either.

You sure that you don't mix something?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Investacoin

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:49:51 PM

Sebastian, I guess Sucrim was answering me.
Yes, I'm a developer of closed source, paid product for Windows. I thought that readers of this thread should be aware of this product, that's why I posted in this thread, too.
Sorry if that's disturbing Smiley
There are many people running Windows machine 24/7.
In any case, if you are comfortable with Windows, you are welcome to try the bot - should take couple of minutes to install and configure.
[no more advertising here, I promise:)]
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 10:54:52 PM

Sebastian, I guess Sucrim was answering me.
Yes, I'm a developer of closed source, paid product for Windows. I thought that readers of this thread should be aware of this product, that's why I posted in this thread, too.
Sorry if that's disturbing Smiley
There are many people running Windows machine 24/7.
In any case, if you are comfortable with Windows, you are welcome to try the bot - should take couple of minutes to install and configure.
[no more advertising here, I promise:)]

Ah ok. Misunderstanding then. Though i somehow doubt that someone will pay for something that he can get for free too. Without the risk of hidden code that might steal funds or infect the computer. You know what i mean...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:50:56 PM

I'm having issues setting up my crontabs. I've tried what the dashboard has suggested and the method my host recommends, but still not running. Can you provide any advice on how they should be coded?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███