Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:31:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FIND] FindYou Coin - Faucet Distribution  (Read 76504 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 10:22:19 PM

HOLD On MATES! Please !!! ...

This post hurt my head.

The point is, I am sure there are many of us who would like to see this coin succeed.
Keep in mind many of us have been on this ride many, many times before.

Something goes wrong, there is no communication, accusations fly and the coin dies.

The wallet has stopped faucet distribution.  
Weather this was intentional, or unintentional, something has gone wrong.

There has been no communication from the dev afaik... which in my opinion irresponsible.  
If you create a coin, and a community behind that coin, be prepared to support it fully at all costs.  

Now with that being said, what is to keep us here and using the coin?

Just because it's now on an exchange?  Not good enough.
New development?  Initial development isn't even done.

The one person who can defend this coin is not here, or appearing to not be here, to defend their coin.

So do not be quick to flame those that are calling this coin dead, or on the way, to being dead.
It is, unfortunately, showing all the signs of abandoned development.

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DenKoma

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:35:48 PM

ok, so if we don't hear from dev in next 2-3 days (until the supposed distribution end) - how can we do the community takeover? via coin swap? and how this coin swap is done? we just create new identical coin, and exchange FIND on this coins?

FindCoin - Anti-scam community-driven coin:
www.findcoin.info
wmikrut

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 10:40:06 PM

ok, so if we don't hear from dev in next 2-3 days (until the supposed distribution end) - how can we do the community takeover? via coin swap? and how this coin swap is done? we just create new identical coin, and exchange FIND on this coins?

If that were to happen, and I personally hope the dev makes an appearance before then...

You would have to find someone with takeover experience.

It will be a bumpy road as a lot of work needs to go into discontinuing the existing chain and starting a new one.
You may not find a developer wanting to invest the time doing so.

It's really a tough call for an un-established coin... it would most likely be labeled and buried.

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:43:16 PM

Yup, bag and tag it at this point, just another PoS clone shitcoin
wmikrut

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 10:58:31 PM

Not that I am trying to spread FUD, but there is an inherent flaw with the faucet distribution method.
I like the idea that you can leave the wallet open and coins are distributed via faucet... I think Miracle Coin was the first to do this.

One issue that raises concern with in-wallet faucet distributions is tractability.
For example, I left a wallet running... and a central server somewhere now has my IP address for distribution.

This central server knows exactly how much has been distributed to each wallet, and geographically, there is probably a participation map.
Sounds paranoid? 
Why were cryptos created in the first place?

So somewhere in the back of my mind, I can't help but think some entity will use this method to 'track down' crypto users.
Now if this was available over TOR or I2P, that would be a different story... but over clearnet?

Just something to think about when utilizing a wallet with a central faucet for distribution.

Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:06:54 PM

Not that I am trying to spread FUD, but there is an inherent flaw with the faucet distribution method.
I like the idea that you can leave the wallet open and coins are distributed via faucet... I think Miracle Coin was the first to do this.

One issue that raises concern with in-wallet faucet distributions is tractability.
For example, I left a wallet running... and a central server somewhere now has my IP address for distribution.

This central server knows exactly how much has been distributed to each wallet, and geographically, there is probably a participation map.
Sounds paranoid? 
Why were cryptos created in the first place?

So somewhere in the back of my mind, I can't help but think some entity will use this method to 'track down' crypto users.
Now if this was available over TOR or I2P, that would be a different story... but over clearnet?

Just something to think about when utilizing a wallet with a central faucet for distribution.

moot point now.  The coin is dead.
wmikrut

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 11:10:41 PM

Just a thought for future in-wallet faucet based coins.

Kartaba

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:13:33 PM

Awwww dead already?  Undecided Was hoping we would see some cool investigative events or something  Undecided
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:05:38 AM

That's a wrap, shut down both wallets, cashed out.  Best of luck with FIND.

Bryan got shot and tossed overboard in this version  Cheesy
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:06:37 AM

That and confirmations are slowing way down.  Network must be losing wallets at an incredible pace.
SHNICI

Activity: 434
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 12:52:11 AM

That and confirmations are slowing way down.  Network must be losing wallets at an incredible pace.

@Hallowman338 the last time when I see you active was when I was folow (still I do it) the MCL Coin.., you was at the same point..., if I no wrong you go too to other thread and use the same position to blame the coins and his DEVs ..., realy cant understand why some one like you, do it.., ok, we can open our eyes, isn't the problem in that.., we looking all good, but why you do it the same always ?
DenKomma say the same like I was thinking about: w8 a moment, don't start with the shits..., cuz people like you ..., all COINS can die.., and that too who are profitable and minable ... Exuse Moa .....

Ok Mates..., you see the options, close the wallets (don't know what you have to lose if you use your computer 24/7) and forget about the FIND, for the other just give ltl time for the faucet wallet to be fixed, then if you still hold your coins will see the reborn of the future (almost the same like MCL COIN)

Nothing else people,Mates and Dudes..., just give a chance! I don't please you, I ask you to make a decision ... cuz if FIND die so easy (like you want to kill it) who else will try and will spend his time to make something like that: Coin in Faucet distribution ? Yes, the easy and free money are taste..., but the life isn't just for eating, no everything who fly is for eating ....
Rols

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:25:12 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 01:36:54 AM by Rols

That and confirmations are slowing way down.  Network must be losing wallets at an incredible pace.

@Hallowman338 the last time when I see you active was when I was folow (still I do it) the MCL Coin.., you was at the same point..., if I no wrong you go too to other thread and use the same position to blame the coins and his DEVs ..., realy cant understand why some one like you, do it.., ok, we can open our eyes, isn't the problem in that.., we looking all good, but why you do it the same always ?
DenKomma say the same like I was thinking about: w8 a moment, don't start with the shits..., cuz people like you ..., all COINS can die.., and that too who are profitable and minable ... Exuse Moa .....

Ok Mates..., you see the options, close the wallets (don't know what you have to lose if you use your computer 24/7) and forget about the FIND, for the other just give ltl time for the faucet wallet to be fixed, then if you still hold your coins will see the reborn of the future (almost the same like MCL COIN)

Nothing else people,Mates and Dudes..., just give a chance! I don't please you, I ask you to make a decision ... cuz if FIND die so easy (like you want to kill it) who else will try and will spend his time to make something like that: Coin in Faucet distribution ? Yes, the easy and free money are taste..., but the life isn't just for eating, no everything who fly is for eating ....

OK @SHNICI. I will open my wallet again and keep it open one more week, but I think its hopeless. You should not invest in coins that have hidden devs. There are coins with known devs and with them you dont risk so much. I hope some other will keep your wallet open so the blockchain dont get stuck.
hobitcoin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:51:40 AM

Wow ... what's up with our FindYouCoin, my bro and sis ...

Still no faucet distribution, today ... hopefully is unintentionally on the part of the Dev. ...

And, please ... I beg of you ... to read my reply post to the end ...

Thanks, really appreciated ... and here it goes:

As of right now ... we are still on the weekend and after Thanksgiving holiday ...
Plus the month of December (early December is full of final exam for student) ...
Also ... holiday season ... Christmas and New-Year ...

Well, that's lots of excuse for the Dev. if it's really what's going on ...
but, I will still give it a chance for a week or so ... I'm just being patient, guys ...

I still believed FindYouCoin can become the tool for us to get justice ...
And actually, FindYouCoin is the only coin in the crypto-currencies world with that sole purpose ...
Quoting from the Dev. (I apologize for quoting the Dev. statement ... again on this thread ...):

"We are all fed up with scamers. We want to see their faces, and ... so on ...

I decided to create this coin with a
sole purpose to raise such a bounty as a reward for the deanonymization of certain "developers".
I don't care if this coin will gain zero value or even hit an exchange at all, but instead
my intention is to create a symbol, a banner for everyone in the community
that want those people to be found and brought to legally applicable justice

This coin is dedicated to all who fell victim to the countless scams
and  ... so on ...
I realize that I can not do this on my own but I hope
if the community will unite somewhere (here for example) we may produce some good results.
I know it may not work but I feel we have to try it, and try it crypto-style.

What I propose is to create crypto-currency with only one purpose -
fund bounties for the info about scam devs.
No matter how much volume this coin gets,
it will always remain as a symbolic reward for the effors of those who care.
I'm not telling you we should do something bad to those people, no.
However we deserve the right to find them and know their real identities.

Gather proof and evidence and perhaps one day some of them will regret what they did to us.
"

With all that said ... this is what I'm doing right now:

Just be calm and patiently wait until Dec. 10 ...

I'm really agreed for our FindYouCoin community to prepare in taking over ... in case ...

We need ... again ... to prepare and collaborate by gathering bounties (in FindYouCoin) ...
you guess it ... to investigate with what's going on ...

We need to raise the awareness ... that FindYouCoin ... is a coin that symbolize "A Badge of Honor" ...
and its value is limitless ... because ...
we can't measured pride, honor, dedication, care, helping others
and the deep feeling of our human soul that ascend to become a hero ... with a face value ... that's too narrow ...
It has an infinite value that can't be measure with everything ...
it's the highest, warmest feeling of all  ... to be a human being ... to be a hero ...
FindYouCoin is The Bagde Of Honor ...  

I really care more ... a thousand fold ...
with the honorable value that will shine forever to warm our heart ...
rather than the temporary face value of materialistic of it ...

Peace ...

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:32:00 AM

So another good project going down the hole.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 04:50:29 AM

If that were to happen, and I personally hope the dev makes an appearance before then...

You would have to find someone with takeover experience.

It will be a bumpy road as a lot of work needs to go into discontinuing the existing chain and starting a new one.
You may not find a developer wanting to invest the time doing so.

It's really a tough call for an un-established coin... it would most likely be labeled and buried.

Also for a community takeover to work, the 20 mil undistributed coins would somehow need to be made unusable because that's really the main problem. No one in their right mind will ever invest in a coin where more than 20% of the total number of coins are in the hands of a rogue dev.
The only thing that makes this project worth anything at this point is the fact that we achieved a pretty wide distribution already with the faucet. Distribution is one of the big challenges in any cryptocurrency project.
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:20:06 AM

3 sats now.  Get out while you can.  I'll check back every now and then, but man, sorry about the luck of anyone who threw BTC at this  Cheesy
ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:27:29 AM

gotta love the irony, FIND coin about scammers and shady dev's LOL
bitcoinkkk

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:29:46 AM

0.00000003per find Cry
adoalli

Activity: 646

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:35:27 AM

dead??

bitcoinkkk

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:49:16 AM

dev   Last Active:   November 28, 2014, 05:47:37 PM
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: