Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:38:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do We Owe Falllling an Apology?  (Read 3933 times)
riiiiising (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:13:55 PM

I'm sure you all remember this fellow. I think he joined in the spring of this year at a time when most posters here felt that we were firmly in a "bubble cycle" and we'd see another huge rally sometime in July or August. Something about a "237 day cycle". He countered those claims and told us that there would be no rally, and instead, prices would be steadily falling over the coming months, until we hit "final capitulation". We all balked, and told him he was a "troll". Eventually, he was banned for some reason. I guess because the mods even came on board and declared him a "troll" for being too negative.

But... it turns out he was right.

I actually joined with my username simply to lampoon him, but even I admit, he was absolutely right. I mean, who expected in November 2013 that prices one year later would actually be lower? Everyone was aboard the choo choo train, and he was telling us all along we were fools.

Can we somehow undo his ban and bring him back? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have some voices of reason around here? I'm just saying, maybe it's good to have some critique around here instead of hundreds of people championing the same platitudes over and over again?

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4481

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:32:52 PM

I don't think he was banned for being bearish.

I think it probably had more to do with spamming the forum with numerous unnecessary threads about the same thing.
riiiiising (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:37:45 PM

I don't think he was banned for being bearish.

I think it probably had more to do with spamming the forum with numerous unnecessary threads about the same thing.

Maybe he just felt compelled to counteract all the bullish sentiment and warn people that we were in a prolonged bear market. So many posters were saying that $800 $700, $600, $500, $400 was an absolute steal, so he needed to post several times in order to not be buried. I don't think we can really fault him for that since you know, he was right...

⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:39:16 PM

I actually found it all quite entertaining when he was about.

Admittedly he was correct with a few things, not all, but the gradual decrease in value he was spot on.
riiiiising (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:53:55 PM

What, you think he's not still here?

I like how he posts from different usernames with varying typing styles.

Sometimes he's Indian, sometimes he somewhat intelligent, sometimes he shows a small hint of bullishness in an attempt to throw off the scent.

Fallling is still here...and we don't owe him an apology.

Most of you people haven't been around BTC long enough to know that this sort of "bear" market has already happened before...and will continue to happen. These "markets" are cyclical.

People on here make me want Bitcoin to fail with your get-rich-now expectations.

They banned the poor guy's IP. He's gone, and the people you're describing aren't fallling, they're entirely different posters who merely share a similar sentiment. You think he's the only guy in the world bearish on bitcoin?  Cheesy

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:55:37 PM

Sometimes he's Indian, sometimes he somewhat intelligent, sometimes he shows a small hint of bullishness in an attempt to throw off the scent.

Most of you people haven't been around BTC long enough to know that this sort of "bear" market has already happened before...and will continue to happen. These "markets" are cyclical.

People on here make me want Bitcoin to fail with your get-rich-now expectations.

They banned the poor guy's IP. He's gone, and the people you're describing aren't fallling, they're entirely different posters who merely share a similar sentiment. You think he's the only guy in the world bearish on bitcoin?  Cheesy
I thought Theymos would only ever reveal IPs if police asked for it.

People forget that fallling started off as fonzie. And I am pretty sure deadcoin is fallling too
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:57:46 PM

There is no final capitulation. But yes he was right about bitcoin going to shit for a while.

RIP falllling  Cry Tongue

He was probably banned because he was manipulating people into selling. Speculating is one thing but bringing things as sure facts is a different ball game.
People should make their own trading decisions.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:56:20 AM

You think he's the only guy in the world bearish on bitcoin?  Cheesy

Obviously he is. Every living human being (except the individual behind "falllling" and every other bearish account) is totally permabullish and cultish on bitcoin. That's why the price has risen so insanely for a year now. That's why we're practically on the moon.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:17:27 AM

So he uses a proxy, or turns off his DSL/cable/whatever modem for a bit and gets a new IP.  Blocking an IP is only temporary.
Mieehayii

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:54:14 AM

sometime, forgiveness much harder than retaliation

if that is true, give him a belated apology

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
FallllingIsWatchingY

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:43:36 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 04:25:47 AM by FallllingIsWatchingY

Thank you for your support, guys

yes, i haven't been here for a while but i still come here sometime without login.
it doesn't matter any more now if i can post or not, because people who saw the bitcoin downtrend chart and had no fear to admit the reality of the downfall of bitcoin as i did must have had already woken up and sold out at much earlier,

for those who are still being fooled by permabulls and bulltrolls, the only thing we can do is pop up Falllling's old posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737019.0 or make some new warning topics so they can know about what happened before how market manipulation with fake recover hope traps worked and how permabulls fooled people to hold their own bags (ponzi scheme and this sub-forum admin biltz is helping them with banning other people, he should be expelled for being evil / getting paid),

i saw more and more bearish people around which is normal, i am of cause not the only one bearish on bitcoin especially when bitcoin continues it's unstoppable downtrend,

again, thanks and let's wish more and more Falllling coming out and tell the truth after one is gone

Smiley
TinaK

Activity: 1106
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:36:44 AM

raising must be after falling, just I don't know whether the faling is end.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:41:22 AM

No apology is needed.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:42:31 AM

Don we owe a broken clock an apology twice a day?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:45:03 AM

Don we owe a broken clock an apology twice a day?

This!
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:04:10 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 11:16:26 AM by xDan

He wasn't right. His thesis is that Bitcoin is doomed and is going to die. And he wasn't trolling since November 2013, don't give him credit for having that kind of perspective. (Most likely he was the idiot buying all the way up, similarly emotion driven, and now regrets it).

"bitcoin will test $1 again!"
"you could buy back after the final capitulation (which could test $1 again),"
"not after bitcoin drop back to where it came from $0.0001"

Claims of $300 etc were just points along the path towards his prediction of zero.

"Poor guy", seriously? What marks him as a troll is the lack of any attempt to justify his position. When pushed, he just responds "final capitulation its going to zero sell sell!!11". Even if it did go to $1, I wouldn't consider him to have been "right", because his position isn't based on anything other than emotion.

There are better bears to listen to.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
K128kevin2

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:18:09 AM

Falllling was NOT right. How do people think he was right? Why on earth would anybody apologize to him? He just always said that the price would go down. Of course the price will go down at some point, so then he would just say that he was right. If the price went up, he would call it a "dead cat bounce" and then claim that he was right when the price went down again. Bitcoin ALWAYS goes up and down... Furthermore he gave absolutely no basis for his predictions, so he was essentially just randomly guessing. If someone is just guessing and you call them an idiot, you don't owe them an apology if their prediction comes true (which it didn't). This guy was a complete idiot and nobody should apologize to him.
var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:57:56 AM

I think falllling was banned for extreme spamming and not his ultra bearish opinions. It was reaching the point where it was difficult to find a thread without multiple identical falllling posts on every page.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:30:08 PM

Why they always ban good people and not the criminals?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:18:27 PM

Why they always ban good people and not the criminals?
Criminals can't be good people? What about Robin Hood?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: