Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:22:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rugatu Q&A community  (Read 3731 times)
Rugatu (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2012, 09:51:11 PM

I'm interested in investing in your company, but am a bit hesitant about the lack of information.  Here are some questions I have:

- Who are you?  How many people are on your team?  What are their qualifications?
- Do the 10,000 shares constitute 100% of the company?  How many shares does the team plan on retaining?
- What are your plans to grow and/or advertise Rugatu?
- What is your development roadmap?  If you make $1000 profit tomorrow, how will you spend it, or will you pay out dividends with it?  What about $5000?
- Which of the asks on GLBSE are the IPO (yours)?  the two 100s, the 887, and the 50?

Thanks for your time.  It's great to see a truly innovative service on GLBSE like this.  

Also, you may want to create a topic in the Securities section which contains the answers to these sort of questions -- I am sure other's will be interested in your answers.

Cheers!

RaggedMonk, I will have to get back to you on that, with a proper answer.

Have any questions? Q&A with BTCitcoins on Rugatu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChrisKoss

Activity: 169

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 09:30:58 AM

Cool service.  Look forward to seeing how it develops.

I am a consultant providing services to CoinLab, Inc.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 10:59:17 AM

If i'm not mistaken, the emails also include the link in clear text so, if your email service does not filter them, it should show up.

Yup, sending to a different mail service I see a text/plain part as well as a text/html.

So now I have no idea why I couldn't see it with the first one.  Maybe it was trying to render the HTML and couldn't.

Anyway, workaround followed and problem (for me) now solved.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Rugatu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 11:43:14 AM

If i'm not mistaken, the emails also include the link in clear text so, if your email service does not filter them, it should show up.

Yup, sending to a different mail service I see a text/plain part as well as a text/html.

So now I have no idea why I couldn't see it with the first one.  Maybe it was trying to render the HTML and couldn't.

Anyway, workaround followed and problem (for me) now solved.

Great, glad it did. What's your rugatu account, gift coins are waiting here.

Rugatu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 08:02:15 PM

I'm interested in investing in your company, but am a bit hesitant about the lack of information.  Here are some questions I have:

- Who are you?  How many people are on your team?  What are their qualifications?
- Do the 10,000 shares constitute 100% of the company?  How many shares does the team plan on retaining?
- What are your plans to grow and/or advertise Rugatu?
- What is your development roadmap?  If you make $1000 profit tomorrow, how will you spend it, or will you pay out dividends with it?  What about $5000?
- Which of the asks on GLBSE are the IPO (yours)?  the two 100s, the 887, and the 50?

Thanks for your time.  It's great to see a truly innovative service on GLBSE like this.  

Also, you may want to create a topic in the Securities section which contains the answers to these sort of questions -- I am sure other's will be interested in your answers.

Cheers!

RaggedMonk, I will have to get back to you on that, with a proper answer.

A more proper answer has been posted in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87390

Thanks for having patience with us.

nave
Donator

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 12:59:33 AM

Looks like an interesting project, I'm curious to see how it develops. Registered.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 11:10:42 AM

Ok, so, call me a little crazy, but I see a (potential) issue with your site.

Take, for instance, the user "Gweedo."  If you look at his karma history, he down-votes virtually everyone and does not up-vote anyone.  Furthermore, these down-votes seem to frequently occur in the questions that he answers, and ironically, the answers that he seems to down-vote are often 'strong' answers that have received up-votes from others.  Now, this may be a coincidence, but I think we all know what's going on here.

So, I have a suggestion:  Don't allow people to down-vote on questions that they answer.  Also, if someone does issue a down-vote to an answer of a particular question, make it so that that user cannot submit an answer to the same question.  Simple.
Rugatu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 11:34:22 AM

Ok, so, call me a little crazy, but I see a (potential) issue with your site.

Take, for instance, the user "Gweedo."  If you look at his karma history, he down-votes virtually everyone and does not up-vote anyone.  Furthermore, these down-votes seem to frequently occur in the questions that he answers, and ironically, the answers that he seems to down-vote are often 'strong' answers that have received up-votes from others.  Now, this may be a coincidence, but I think we all know what's going on here.

So, I have a suggestion:  Don't allow people to down-vote on questions that they answer.  Also, if someone does issue a down-vote to an answer of a particular question, make it so that that user cannot submit an answer to the same question.  Simple.

Thanks for your suggestion, we will consider it  Smiley
We have it posted on our ideas board

opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 07:26:47 PM

rugatu User Support is responsable for Stealing bitcoin deposited to the site held in its user accounts.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 08:33:22 PM

stolen coins returned.  Mention of them was posted in multiple rugatu threads, I am in the process of deleteing them, and only leaving the couple responses hear, stating that it occured, and the theft portion has been corrected.  The censorship has not.

took a bunch of posts to get the attention.

1MPSHMq5hKn1qbdLnmaaFxAZ2JjnvCLe2E

rugatu can regain my support, going to take some changes in the way the mods handle things.

you can delete opticbit2 acct and posts if you like except the post found at

https://www.rugatu.com/questions/768/could-you-integrate-ripple-into-a-social-network?page=1#841

that links to (which you modded out once already)

https://apps.facebook.com/yougotcoin/

and

https://raindroplet.info/summary/

I believe these links are relavant to the question, and the discussion, Its not the best answer but could be useful for someone to create the best answer.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 08:53:34 PM

stolen coins returned.  Mention of them was posted in multiple rugatu threads, I am in the process of deleteing them, and only leaving the couple responses hear, stating that it occured, and the theft portion has been corrected.  The censorship has not.

took a bunch of posts to get the attention.

1MPSHMq5hKn1qbdLnmaaFxAZ2JjnvCLe2E

rugatu can regain my support, going to take some changes in the way the mods handle things.

you can delete opticbit2 acct and posts if you like except the post found at

https://www.rugatu.com/questions/768/could-you-integrate-ripple-into-a-social-network?page=1#841

that links to (which you modded out once already)

https://apps.facebook.com/yougotcoin/

and

https://raindroplet.info/summary/

I believe these links are relavant to the question, and the discussion, Its not the best answer but could be useful for someone to create the best answer.

Maybe you should file a complaint with the Spanish authorities, ha

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64176.0

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Rugatu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 09:11:58 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2012, 11:33:44 AM by Rugatu

stochastic you post has been reported to moderators as a personal attack on paraipan

Closing this thread.

Please contact us by using the "feedback" button on rugatu.

Rugatu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 11:33:01 AM

Thread reopened  Smiley

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 11:40:36 AM

Thread reopened  Smiley

Why are you closing threads, may I ask?
Rugatu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 12:09:49 PM

Thread reopened  Smiley

Why are you closing threads, may I ask?

Various reasons, but the most important would be a very high workload for our support team. We're truly sorry if someone wanted to ask something in a thread that was previously closed. Please use our feedback system in case you have an issue that needs urgent attention.

Thanks

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 08:52:27 PM

For those of you who aren't caught up to speed yet, I provided evidence to Rugatu that one of their moderators, edgar_t, was manipulating questions unfairly.  Rugatu subsequently suspended edgar_t.  Now, I'd like Rugatu to respond to these:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88431.msg975376#msg975376

My question is as follows:  Don't you think that some of these users should be suspended as well (the one's that work for Rugatu), especially User Support and paraipan?
Rugatu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 09:23:36 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2012, 11:25:30 PM by Rugatu

the joint check your PM

Edit: We got threatened by the joint in PM, regarding some users having high karma. We explained it was the first days osqa bootstrap mode at fault but he doesn't seem to be pleased with the answer and is requiring us to suspend allot of our users which we can't do.

Rugatu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 11:25:21 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2012, 07:40:18 PM by Rugatu

Rugatu wishes to tell we're very sorry for having used the osqa "bootstrap mode" in the first days of our beta launch. Some of our users got way too much reputation without deserving it and now we got allot of complaints over the issue.

If any of you plans to start-up a community like ours in the future, try not using this mode at all.

Second. UserSupport is one of our main administration accounts and it was used wrongly for voting or posting on the forum by our team members. His opinion was sometimes biased depending on who was responsible of it at any moment. We are truly sorry about it, lesson learned and it will not happen again.

Please contact us on Rugatu with any questions you may have.

Edit:

In the first week we've been attacked by various people, or a coordinated team, who started down-voting members, posting referral links and nonsense answers or we suspect even ddos'ing our servers. Some of them got suspended for abusing the service but now, after almost two weeks have passed, they continue to attack us by posting lies and defamatory statements in the community.

We could try arguing with them but it would be a complete waste of energy and time, so we invite you to use Rugatu and convince for yourself if they are telling the truth. The beta launch wasn't perfect but we managed to handle the workload and the service is working fine now.

This ball is rolling, ¡viva el BTCitcoin!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: