Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:21:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When can we see this in India?  (Read 2306 times)
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 05:13:22 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10453038_391881224300187_8189629543619050008_o.jpg

Found this around on FB. A pic from Pakistan.

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:47:27 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 05:59:44 AM by BTCIndia

When a person is will to send 1000 Rs for publicity.

Step 1: Design banner
Step 2: Print appropriate size flex
Step 3: Give some tips to guy in fuel pump.
Step 4: Take Picture and upload over internet to make people believe transactions are happening.

How many Bitcoins CastleBloom gathered doing business? Zero-batte-Sannatta They started accepting Bitcoin year back.

Hahaha! Grin Grin Grin Grin

When can we see this in India?

What matters is not banner, but actual acceptance.

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:14:28 AM

Even if we assume the station is not accepting Bitcoins, the banners are visible to thousands of common people on daily basis.
That's how people get curious to know more about it and that's how the acceptance starts gradually.

And I tend to believe they're actually accepting BTC by the way. No worker will dare to put a hostile banner on pump without the owner's permission. He can lose his job.
BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:33:06 AM

Even if we assume the station is not accepting Bitcoins, the banners are visible to thousands of common people on daily basis.
That's how people get curious to know more about it and that's how the acceptance starts gradually.

And I tend to believe they're actually accepting BTC by the way. No worker will dare to put a hostile banner on pump without the owner's permission. He can lose his job.

Right. Awareness.Curiosity.Understand. Adoption.

Don't worry! He won't loose job. People willing to pump fuel are hard to find. I've seen a lot of pump life and happenings, my friends has few.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 06:33:47 AM

Yeah, the visibility caused by this is awesome. A well frequented place as well. Am sure this was on the behest of the pump owner.

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:35:25 AM

Yeah, the visibility caused by this is awesome. A well frequented place as well. Am sure this was on the behest of the pump owner.

Yeah! Its owner for sure. I wouldn't call visibility caused awesome, as those are not target audience in current phase of Bitcoin movement.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 06:38:40 AM

Yeah! Its owner for sure. I wouldn't call visibility caused awesome, as those are not target audience in current phase of Bitcoin movement.

Really? Lol, so what is the target audience in the current phase of Bitcoin movement? People who do not fill fuel?

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:50:30 AM

Really? Lol, so what is the target audience in the current phase of Bitcoin movement? People who do not fill fuel?

How would I know? Better ask people who're committed to Brining Bitcoin to India. They're much active agents of western currency. They might have better idea about positioning strategy in currency phase and target audience of Bitcoin and community. LOL-wa!

Straight answer: I'm contemplating to have better understanding of target audience in current phase. All I know is after Phase-Zero its was anarchist/cyberpunks/crypto enthusiast thereafter people with deep understanding of technology(generally known as early adaptors) with people seeking " liberation and anonymity" in one or other way terrified with Snowden's revelation.

Do you just read news or willing ignorant about discovering, and thinking 'might be' facts behind? Why don't you see
'Anonymity Marketing Campaign' now? Think in peace!

I think you belong to second phase. Later they targeted people with greed and understanding of commodity. Now, there is change in marketing strategy as I percept it with my distorted view of world.

East Wind in making--remittance solution is head-fake to inject currency into economy!
Wait till infrastructure is established worldwide and then see real propaganda at work. This is nothing!

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 07:57:45 AM

How would I know? Better ask people who're committed to Brining Bitcoin to India. They're much active agents of western currency. They might have better idea about positioning strategy in currency phase and target audience of Bitcoin and community.

Straight answer: I'm contemplating to have better understanding of target audience in current phase. All I know is asfter Phase-Zero its was anarchist/cyberpunks/crypto enthusiast thereafter people with deep understanding of technology(generally known as early adaptors) with people seeking " liberation and anonymity" in one or other way terrified with Snowden's revelation.

I think you belong to second phase. Later they targeted people with greed and understanding of commodity. Now, there is change in marketing strategy as I percept it with my distorted view of world.

East Wind in making in name of remittance solution!
Wait till infrastructure is established worldwide and then see real propaganda at work. This is nothing!

You have a problem with any initiative. Of course, unless you started some thread yourself.
Try to do something to promote Bitcoin rather than some remarks and really really bad assumptions on a personal level that hardly keep the thread on track.

The Snowden incident happened in 2013. So phase 1 was something else. If at all there was a phase.

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:15:49 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 10:45:23 AM by BTCIndia

You have a problem with any initiative. Of course, unless you started some thread yourself.
Try to do something to promote Bitcoin rather than some remarks and really really bad assumptions on a personal level that hardly keep the thread on track.

The Snowden incident happened in 2013. So phase 1 was something else. If at all there was a phase.

No. I don't have any problem with your initiative. Just in habit of blabbering non-sense any where and everywhere! I do same with my thread.

Lets publicize and justify Rape with Bitcoin. Grin

And of course, I'm working. Negative publicity.  Cool Cool! Isn't it?
I aspire to be "The Tenth Man" from Israel. But, for country with approach standing against other nine with same motive(probably).

Read: http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/research/files/papers/2007/10/intelligence%20kuperwasser/10_intelligence_kuperwasser.pdf

About publicity, I wear Bitcoin underwear for sake of promotion and luckily my gf's is curious about Bitcoin now.

"The Snowden incident happened in 2013. So phase 1 was something else. If at all there was a phase." LOLz! Gawd! Sincere apologies! I'm in habit of being wrong. 2013. Yeah!

It was my fault and I'm solely responsible for my really really bad assumptions on personal level that hardly keep thread on track.

So, this thread was- When can we see this in India?

Point Reply: When some gas station owner starts accepting Bitcoin. Oh!Not just accepting Bitcoin but prints banner and tells employee to hang on pumping station. Thereafter takes picture and uploads it. And some guy like you hits on FB and posts on forum.

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:33:08 AM

I did a google image search and the results throw up Benson's blog.
Maybe this picture is being discussed among the Pakistani Bitcoin community.  Grin

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 02:40:36 AM

Maybe this picture is being discussed among the Pakistani Bitcoin community.  Grin

Lol, true.. But I had attributed that to Aaron

arvindr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:49:00 AM

http://bensonsamuel.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/india_bitcoin.jpg

That looks like a perfect way to spread awareness about bitcoin.  Some people on the forums, are actually paying out people, to post posters in crowded cities in different countries. Maybe, we can start a fund and have that done too.

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 05:25:13 AM

Do they really accept Bitcoin? Where are they situated? Seems like some place in Bengal? Can you tell us more about its location. I'm sure you can after all its updated in your blog.

Excited to buy my first mouth fresher with Bitcoin. Please help me with more information!

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 05:40:44 AM

Maybe this picture is being discussed among the Pakistani Bitcoin community.  Grin

Do they really accept Bitcoin? Where are they situated? Seems like some place in Bengal? Can you tell us more about its location. I'm sure you can after all its updated in your blog.

Excited to buy my first mouth fresher with Bitcoin. Please help me with more information!

Bet that makes you eager to go to the moon for a sip.

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:13:12 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2014, 09:03:50 AM by BTCIndia

Maybe this picture is being discussed among the Pakistani Bitcoin community.  Grin

Bet that makes you eager to go to the moon for a sip.

I don't like Coca-cola. Sprite and access to shuttle might have tempted me to moon.  Grin
Should try your luck again with better offer/sarcasm.

Now, lets come to the point, keeping your attempt to dodge my question aside. I'd be more specific this time, so that you don't have any other option then to answer directly. I'll even explain your reason in detail with hope that you might understand your very much loved thought of "network effect hard wired in Bitcoin". Remember saying that here and there? Bitcoin has network effect. Don't you?

Question is: I don't trust authenticity of picture because it seems a edited one to publicize/market Bitcoin. I believe Bitcoin to be purely western currency actively promoted by "west-influenced agents" with vested interests. Or by people who're knowingly/unknowingly ignorant about its aftermath of country/economy and actively insisting imperialism. Fair enough?

Do I have to mention that, there is extremely low probability that guy would be able to understand bitcoin, its importance, make wallet, request their customer with bitcoin, accept Bitcoin and liquidate Bitcoin(liquidating those Bitcoin earned for him is much more important than you and me. If you want reason for this, I can give it too) and do some actual business by transacting Bitcoin.

So why am I raising this question now? Because of your blog and that picture thousands of enthusiast are believing Bitcoin is being accepted by Panwala and therefore spreading same to other thousands who will spend to other ten thousand. I think, you've started this vicious cycle of false publicity which might actaully make some panwala accept Bitcoin. If you've verified its authenticity then prove else apologize to community because we believe whatever you say.

Welcome to democracy!

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 07:28:33 AM

As you can see, it is from Aarons blog. Put up on my article with his permission, of course. So, you would need to talk to him about this.

I have added a disclaimer on my blog for the picture now for those who do not understand that it is a photoshopped image.

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:39:19 AM

As you can see, it is from Aarons blog. Put up on my article with his permission, of course. So, you would need to talk to him about this.

I have added a disclaimer on my blog for the picture now for those who do not understand that it is a photoshopped image.

You know and I know. Are you sure about others? I know Samuel Benson and I'm gonna complaint him because he threw light. Please don't promote sensationalism as yellow journalism is not acceptable. Please be careful from next time. Strict warning!

Janhit mein jaari!

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 08:45:49 AM

You know and I know. Are you sure about others? I know Samuel Benson and I'm gonna complaint him because he threw light. Please don't promote sensationalism as yellow journalism is not acceptable. Please be careful from next time. Strict warning!

Janhit mein jaari!

Hope your talking to Coco Cola as well.

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:00:21 AM

Janhit mein jaari!

Hope your talking to Coco Cola as well.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: