Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:05:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ledger Wallet - Smartcard security for your bitcoins  (Read 19710 times)
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 02:08:17 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 06:08:46 AM by Transisto

Seems like all of the ledger we purchased (to resell) have the same issue with the new update.

The client want to update the firmware from 1.0.1 to 1.0.1 Huh

Tried 5 ledger on 3 computer.

It would either fail stalling in the update process or would do this

https://i.imgur.com/EukzydV.png

https://i.imgur.com/YwGqP7S.png

https://i.imgur.com/KF7V64L.png

https://i.imgur.com/jBTyxjl.png
btchip (OP)

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 05:43:08 AM

The Chrome application team will release a fix shortly for that one.

In the time being the best way to get past it is to finalize the update on https://fup.hardwarewallet.com - just install the extensions and do click without entering the security card, it should display that the update was successful almost immediately then you can use it.

Note that this needs to have the driver for the new product ID 0x3b7c recognized - that means, on Windows, waiting for the driver to be installed, then kill all Chrome sessions (through the Process Manager), then do it. On Linux, you have to modify /etc/udev/rules.d to add the new rule as you did on the first install.

jm1978

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 03:25:34 PM

Hi!

The app for Android (is what i have) it is not working for to validate the transactions, i end always using the card. The validation never arrive to the handy and they are paired and so on.

Any idea why? Thanks in advance for the help

Have you tried to kill and relaunch the Android app after having received the push notification?
(or do you never receive the push ?)

I will try to kill the app... i never recieve the push, it never works... but the phone is paired to the account
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:01:12 AM

I've got a problem with this update. the first thing it asks for is "32 digit code from security card" nowhere on my security card is any 32 digit code. the security card (the plastic card) is just a legend af a upper and lower case alphabets and digits 0-9 all with corresponding numbers or digits. there is no 32 digit code. what is going on. I do not wish to begin the update progress because ledger tells me it will delete wallet. I do have my 24 word recover mnemonic, and my 4 digit entry code, when i open my wallet all my btc are intact. WTF is this mysterious 32 digit recovery code and where the hell is it located?
EricKennedy

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 09:35:11 AM

It is located on your recovery sheet. On the left of your 24 words you have a QRcode. This QRcode contains the 32 characters of your security card (which you can scan during the update).
On wallets bought after January, the 32 characters are also printed below the QRcode.

If you lost your original recovery card, you can generate a new security card (with the 32 char code) here:
https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/ledger/buildKeycard.html

madmat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:23:49 PM

You need css skills  Grin Grin Cool Cool
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 11:44:08 AM

Can confirm. Same here too. No firewall, no permissions restrictions.

Can't see review comments from other people on the play store, only stars. But maybe it's working for some people?

Hi!

The app for Android (is what i have) it is not working for to validate the transactions, i end always using the card. The validation never arrive to the handy and they are paired and so on.

Any idea why? Thanks in advance for the help

Have you tried to kill and relaunch the Android app after having received the push notification?
(or do you never receive the push ?)

I will try to kill the app... i never recieve the push, it never works... but the phone is paired to the account

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
EricKennedy

Activity: 360

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 05:35:40 PM

Can't see review comments from other people on the play store, only stars. But maybe it's working for some people?

Please send an email to support[at]ledgerwallet[dot]com with information regarding your smartphone (brand, OS version...)
We'll check with our team why it's not working for you.

Eric

jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 10:57:55 AM

Done. Offered diag version, but hasn't been sent yet.

Please send an email to support[at]ledgerwallet[dot]com with information regarding your smartphone (brand, OS version...)

Eric

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
jm1978

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 05:32:09 PM

Done. Offered diag version, but hasn't been sent yet.

Eric

It is working if u kill the app before. Sorry for the late update  Grin
japerry

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 09:58:16 PM

I'd like to create a Armory Lockbox with the Ledger as one of the signees. I know how to take the xpub address from the Ledger Wallet app and convert it to hex for import into Armory. That's not the issue.

The question is if I create a "spend" tranaction under Armory that requires a confirmation from my Ledger wallet how do I import the transaction "blob" into the Ledger wallet for confirmation? Is it possible?

I know that when you set up a MultiSig wallet with Coinkite, Coinkite sends the "blob" to my Ledger wallet for confirmation. Is there something similar or a manual way to achieve this functionality outside of Coinkite?

Please advise.

tricass

Activity: 394

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 03:38:26 PM

have duo hw1 and have set both up to use the same seed and can pair multiple devices to the wallet. however, it appears transaction authorisations are only push out successfully to the last paired device. is there a way to get this to work for more than one paired device?

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 04:39:19 PM

have duo hw1 and have set both up to use the same seed and can pair multiple devices to the wallet. however, it appears transaction authorisations are only push out successfully to the last paired device. is there a way to get this to work for more than one paired device?

Please ask here -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134999.0.

tricass

Activity: 394

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:49:25 AM

Please ask here -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134999.0.

thanks. i have done so

letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 12:23:39 PM

Is there any Indian website selling H.W.1 Ledger wallet ?  It takes 30 days + from official website.  Can anyone tell me the website ?

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 08:42:16 PM

Is there any Indian website selling H.W.1 Ledger wallet ?  It takes 30 days + from official website.  Can anyone tell me the website ?

There is no Indian website AFAIK. FYI, I am selling unused HW.1 wallet and I am from India.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:37:24 PM

Does anyone know how can I extract the public key from a ledger generated address?

udonmez

Activity: 686
Merit: 359

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

My ledger nano wallet firmware is old. I am holding btc eth etc ltc. I wanna split my bcc but I need to uptate firmware. After update I need to recover by using security keyword by I am afraid of losing my coins. Has anyone ever recover it?
NABiT

Activity: 324
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:36:17 PM

My ledger nano wallet firmware is old. I am holding btc eth etc ltc. I wanna split my bcc but I need to uptate firmware. After update I need to recover by using security keyword by I am afraid of losing my coins. Has anyone ever recover it?

I found the first firmware update nerve wracking too.

The Ledgerwallet forum on Reddit is very active, you might find some suggestions there if you are really not sure about your seed, I’ve seen a few posts there lately from people with the same concerns.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/

udonmez

Activity: 686
Merit: 359

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:13:16 PM

I found the first firmware update nerve wracking too.

The Ledgerwallet forum on Reddit is very active, you might find some suggestions there if you are really not sure about your seed, I’ve seen a few posts there lately from people with the same concerns.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/

Hello NABIT, thank you I gonna check. It looks like very helpful.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: