Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:52:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1000 BTC Donation to www.bitcointalk.org  (Read 9895 times)
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 04:59:39 PM

You can trust Zhou with your name just like you can trust him with your bitcoins.. Oh...

Seriously, Maria, with this amount of money at stake don't argue with a kid over a web forum. Get a debt collection agency involved and give them all the information you have. These people are experts at collecting money from people who don't want to pay and they will take a cut from the collected amount so it's not going to cost you anything up front.

I beg to differ, for my sister's first husband owes over $100,000 to various entities and has been pounded by debt collectors for years decades. Guess how much they were able to get from him? Wait for...$0 USD or in BTC, as if you didn't see that coming.

Debt collectors don't always win but they have better odds of getting your money back than any other legal means.

I never said I was 100% certain it would work but arguing about it on an internet forum isn't going to settle anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 05:07:22 PM

Debt collectors don't always win but they have better odds of getting your money back than any other legal means.

I never said I was 100% certain it would work but arguing about it on an internet forum isn't going to settle anything.

You are also forgetting that debt collectors will demand proof that you are really owed what you claim you're owed.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 05:14:56 PM

On a side note (any only because Matthew mentioned that Bitscalper, Coinexchanger and Maira are one of the same), I present the following.

That was only a theory. I have proof who both of them are now. Bitscalper does in fact live in Italy and I know who he is. CoinExchanger does in fact live in New York and I know he is too. Now that I know who they are, where they live, and can prosecute them in the event of any actual provable fraud (forum trolling and shady business is not a crime), I'm not worried about them anymore.

Does this mean that Colbie Kelly is a dead end?

~Bruno~
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 05:36:15 PM

I'm not asking for anything. Just for a confirmation of username.

If you are not willing to proceed then this thread will be screwed.

Please contact Bitcoinica Consultancy for refund. They will definitely honor your claim.

You're allowed to communicate with me only after they reject your claim for any reason.

For others:
Please don't waste time (unless you want to play, like me) on someone who displayed explicit unwillingness to co-operate with the settling party to recover funds.

Tong Zhou, The reason I can not and will not tell you what my username is, quite simple.

If I tell or confirm my username, you or someone will then see that I am also a very trusted seller at a very important site, and this is information I do not want anybody to know. Please respect my privacy.

Because I do understand that it makes it difficult to confirm without a username, I went out of my way to prove that You Ryan Tong Zhou, know that Maria has an account with you since the beginning, you have solved problems and paid out Bitcoins in the past without any problems.

You insist to push the responsibility to these new "owners" who bought bitcoinica from you. How much did they pay you?

@bruno Sorry do not know his partners.

Maria.

I forgot your username, sorry. The last time we ever communicated about Bitcoinica account was almost 8 months ago.

Now I can only assume that this is a scam, unless you are willing to tell me something, either via post, email or PM.

I have absolutely no information about your account balance until you can confirm the username or email.

The only username that I think that could be you at the moment is: 2122397500

Should I (or someone) do a search about it to see if it's linked to a trusted seller on some website? If yes then I can get you refunded immediately based on the balance in record (which roughly matches your claim).

EDIT: I know the email address linked to that username too. I have previously received emails from that address. So there's no reason I wouldn't trust you if you can at least give me some information.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 05:37:45 PM

Please contact Bitcoinica Consultancy for refund. They will definitely honor your claim.

You're allowed to communicate with me only after they reject your claim for any reason.

For others:
Please don't waste time (unless you want to play, like me) on someone who displayed explicit unwillingness to co-operate with the settling party to recover funds.

Tong Zhou, The reason I can not and will not tell you what my username is, quite simple.

If I tell or confirm my username, you or someone will then see that I am also a very trusted seller at a very important site, and this is information I do not want anybody to know. Please respect my privacy.

Because I do understand that it makes it difficult to confirm without a username, I went out of my way to prove that You Ryan Tong Zhou, know that Maria has an account with you since the beginning, you have solved problems and paid out Bitcoins in the past without any problems.

You insist to push the responsibility to these new "owners" who bought bitcoinica from you. How much did they pay you?

Maria.

I forgot your username, sorry. The last time we ever communicated about Bitcoinica account was almost 8 months ago.

Now I can only assume that this is a scam, unless you are willing to tell me something, either via post, email or PM.

I have absolutely no information about your account balance until you can confirm the username or email.

Should I (or someone) do a search about it to see if it's linked to a trusted seller on some website? If yes then I can get you refunded immediately based on the balance in record (which roughly matches your claim).
no 2122397500 is me Tongue

(i want the bitch's money!)

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 05:39:02 PM

For others:

Maria.

OK. PM me the email address registered with that your name and I will fill in the missing claim.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 05:41:03 PM

For others:

Maria.

OK. PM me the email address registered with that your name and I will fill in the missing claim.
i can haz bitch's money, yes?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 05:43:49 PM

I think I have it figured out ZT, and you know that you can trust my Google-Fu. It seems that 2122397500 is a phone number in NY and the image below found via Google Images is Maria. As you can clearly see, she's calling you now.

~Cackling Bear~
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 06:00:35 PM

You are also forgetting that debt collectors will demand proof that you are really owed what you claim you're owed.

I said give debt collectors all the information and let them sort it out. It's the best chance of getting anything but I never said it was a certain thing. If the person the claim is against never existed, or went bankrupt, or can't be found, or if the claim can't be proved to a standard required by law then nothing is going to work anyway.

I suspect Zhou Tong broke a bunch of laws by not keeping financial records safe and not exercising due diligence but IANAL and could well be wrong. I know for a fact my company has to keep all financial records for 5 years, not having a backup isn't an excuse.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 06:10:55 PM

If "she" doesn't want to give even "her" username and email to ZT publicly or privately, why would she give them to a debt collector?

Why are you even giving any credit to anything "she" says?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 08:43:14 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 03:10:10 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

If "she" doesn't want to give even "her" username and email to ZT publicly or privately, why would she give them to a debt collector?

Why are you even giving any credit to anything "she" says?

I'm sure that if RandyFolds was still around, he'd answer that question. I'm getting pretty concerned about his weight problem though. I wonder if he's aware of this book?

~Bruno and Cackling Bear~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 03:11:15 PM

I'm surprised Maria hasn't been back providing updates.

~Bruno~
Maria (OP)

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:19:58 PM

For others:

Maria.

EDIT: I know the email address linked to that username too. I have previously received emails from that address. So there's no reason I wouldn't trust you if you can at least give me some information.

You know what Zhoutong, I had a revelation today. Many years ago I realized that money is like blood, you must keep it flowing. Since then I make money flow like rivers. You are clogging up my financial circulation and before I suffer a economic heart attack I want to tell you something.

Keep the money Zhoutong, you obviously need it more than I do. Just next time, give me and the community a heads up so we can act accordingly.

Karma at the end catches up and money keeps flowing. Good luck in your endeavors Ryan ZhouTong.

Maria.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:22:47 PM

bullshit!
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:24:02 PM

You promised donations to pretty much everyone. SCAMMER!

Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 03:24:07 PM

This all, sounds like a really bad hoax.  
As I didn't see that coming. Undecided

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:29:54 PM

Haha... So, you're just going to chalk up a $100K loss to experience and karma? Yeah, seems legit.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:31:29 PM

Haha... So, you're just going to chalk up a $100K loss to experience and karma? Yeah, seems legit.
+1. Extremely suspicious that someone would leave a bunch of money and run, just because they don't want to be identified, even privately.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:31:44 PM

this guy is an idiot
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary