Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:16:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1000 BTC Donation to www.bitcointalk.org  (Read 9895 times)
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 03:36:28 PM

Haha... So, you're just going to chalk up a $100K loss to experience and karma? Yeah, seems legit.
+1. Extremely suspicious that someone would leave a bunch of money and run, just because they don't want to be identified, even privately.

Especially since Zhou has already posted the only username he's come across that matches the info provided. IIRC, he was only asking Maria to confirm or deny.

Still around.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:40:52 PM

Maybe when I get home tonight I'll put my free long distance to work and give Maria a call to see if it's her.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:44:22 PM

Maybe when I get home tonight I'll put my free long distance to work and give Maria a call to see if it's her.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-212-239-7500

http://www.manta.com/c/mttml4b/b-h-photo-video

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:55:50 PM

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-212-239-7500

http://www.manta.com/c/mttml4b/b-h-photo-video

Awesome, B&H has good prices on telescopes at times. Maria, instead of my BTC reward, could you send me a 6mm Delos? Thanks.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:57:55 PM

Help me out here, are you guys saying that Maria is affiliated with B&H?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:06:57 PM

Doubt it, but the username of the account ZT thinks is Maria's is a phone number for a B&H in NY.
Oops doh I missed that, nice coincidence lol.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:09:25 PM

Doubt it, but the username of the account ZT thinks is Maria's is a phone number for a B&H in NY.

I would say it's more likely that Maria is linked to that twitter account that's following Zhoutong with the same avatar. Seems appropriate with the constant spamming of twitter follower links and get rich quick schemes.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 04:30:53 PM

I would say it's more likely that Maria is linked to that twitter account that's following Zhoutong with the same avatar. Seems appropriate with the constant spamming of twitter follower links and get rich quick schemes.

And if I followed the links correctly, her husband may have authored a book. I'm just saying. Perhaps this is why she's giving up on the ruse. The only reason I even decided to track her down was because she kept bringing attention to herself, and it wasn't passing the smell test. Ain't that right Lisa, I mean Maria.

The only reason I conducted a search on ZT is for the protection, of sorts, of Bitcoin and Bitcoiners, alike. I kind of screwed up on that, maybe, and have since apologized to ZT, opened. Sorry, ZT, for not doing via a PM also.

~Bruno~
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:36:58 PM

And if I followed the links correctly, her husband may have authored a book. I'm just saying. Perhaps this is why she's giving up on the ruse. The only reason I even decided to track her down was because she kept bringing attention to herself, and it wasn't passing the smell test. Ain't that right Lisa, I mean Maria.

The only reason I conducted a search on ZT is for the protection, of sorts, of Bitcoin and Bitcoiners, alike. I kind of screwed up on that, maybe, and have since apologized to ZT, opened. Sorry, ZT, for not doing via a PM also.

~Bruno~

tl;dr
Did you just say that she is Lisa Marie? That explains everything.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 04:39:01 PM

I can has 1000 BTC?
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:40:01 PM

Maria, God built you upside down; You speak out of your ass, and shit flows out of your mouth.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 08:06:59 PM

Damn... This one is signature worthy.

Maria, God built you upside down; You speak out of your ass, and shit flows out of your mouth.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 09:23:24 PM

Damn... This one is signature worthy.

You know what really would be funny? Uncovering that she was a lawyer.

~Bruno~
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 09:31:48 PM

If "she" doesn't want to give even "her" username and email to ZT publicly or privately, why would she give them to a debt collector?

Why are you even giving any credit to anything "she" says?

Because I would not trust Zhou Tong either given the problems he has caused. But then I would not argue about that amount of cash on an internet forum either. I would go to a lawyer or debt collector without delay.

I don't know if this is a valid or false claim. Maybe you lot all know something that I don't because you all seem convinced that this claim is false. Either way the gender of the claimant is irrelevant, the validity of the claim is what's important.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 10:03:21 PM

If "she" doesn't want to give even "her" username and email to ZT publicly or privately, why would she give them to a debt collector?

Because I would not trust Zhou Tong either given the problems he has caused. But then I would not argue about that amount of cash on an internet forum either. I would go to a lawyer or debt collector without delay.

I don't know if this is a valid or false claim. Maybe you lot all know something that I don't because you all seem convinced that this claim is false. Either way the gender of the claimant is irrelevant, the validity of the claim is what's important.

You are correct, sd.

But given...

Now let me tell you how much this frozen money is costing me DAILY. 2,300 USD. Each day my trading robot is not trading is a day lost. I am not claiming that money at all, just the actual balance the last time I logged in my bitcoinica.com.

But surrendering with...

Keep the money Zhoutong...

Says a lot about validity in this case.

~Bruno~
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 10:23:53 PM

You are correct, sd.

But given...

Now let me tell you how much this frozen money is costing me DAILY. 2,300 USD. Each day my trading robot is not trading is a day lost. I am not claiming that money at all, just the actual balance the last time I logged in my bitcoinica.com.

But surrendering with...

Keep the money Zhoutong...

Says a lot about validity in this case.

~Bruno~

Maybe she just sold the source to the robot. I'm sure there would be a huge number of people interested in a trading "robot" that gives a 2.3% daily return.
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 10:46:11 PM

You are probably right. There is something very fishy about this whole thing.

People don't just give up on such amounts of cash without a decent fight and the fighting comes easy when someone else is going to do it for a cut.
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

You are probably right. There is something very fishy about this whole thing.

People don't just give up on such amounts of cash without a decent fight and the fighting comes easy when someone else is going to do it for a cut.

No "fight" is even needed. Will you give someone $150K without even knowing her username or email at all?

Bitcoinica has a fixed amount of assets and all refunding process must be record-by-record. Maria can only show that she had an account before, but not anything else!

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 10:58:28 PM

UPDATE

Since Maria did not confirm or deny the username, I have to do my own research.

The account 2122397500 is likely hers or husband's, according to the email address. It was registered on September 9, 2011.

At the time of writing it has a balance of $0.28007 and zero BTC. Currently unclaimed.

Also, Maria's requested amount almost matched the largest balance in Bitcoinica history (and I know the account holder quite closely). I have been sorting by USD balance and BTC balance almost every week since last year and it's impossible that I don't know a user with a substantial amount invested.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 11:01:50 PM

So- given the obvious attempt to defraud here...

who says we start a petition to have Maira branded as a SCAMMER until she ponies up the donations she promised to everyone if Zhou Tong send here the 28 cents?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: