Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:53:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Transcendence" a $750 Bitcoin Art Piece  (Read 8818 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:58:22 AM

Front

Reverse

Commissioned by: ducatitalia
Material: Grade AAAA Cocobolo with Purpleheart base
Price: $750 usd

Transcend into the reimagination of economics...the reinvention of finance...the transition from centralized exploitation to individual empowerment as ducatitalia once said. This piece represents the infinite movement of BTCitcoin as it elicits curiosity into places unknown.

Transcendence was carved from Cocobolo wood imported from Costa Rica. Unable to be portrayed through photography, Transcendence moves while standing still as the high oil content of Cocobolo wood emits an iridescence much like a tigers eye stone or a hologram.

Thank you to ducatitalia for allowing me the opportunity to create this beautiful representation of Bitcoins infinite movement.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:15:20 AM

Very nice  Shocked

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:33:42 AM

Very nice  Shocked

Thanks Liquid, i appreciate it  Smiley

Cool.
What is the difference between this one and the $14k piece?...besides the choice of wood?

The Hive is wall art, intended to be displayed against a flat surface. Transcendence is a wood sculpture in that it sits flat on a base and can be viewed from 360 degrees.

The Hive portrays the Bitcoin community, Transcendence portrays Bitcoins infinite possibilities and movement through space and time.

If your inquiring as to the price difference and what makes them different in that aspect. The Hive was carved from one of the absolute rarest and most expensive woods on the planet, Just obtaining the wood for the hive and having it shipped in from Africa was over $11,000 by the time i paid the broker, the forestry permits, duties, customs fees, fee's, fee's and more fee's. Also Watermelon Ivory is as hard as steel and VERY hard to carve without breaking it working on such a rare and hard to carve wood commands a higher price for carving as if i were to have messed up it could have been an $11,000 mistake on my part, not to mention i don't know if i could have found another piece of it to complete the work.

Transcendence was made from beautiful Cocobolo wood, although very exotic and rare to find such a good specimen big enough to make the piece it is much more affordable and runs roughly $200 a board foot if you can find a tree with heartwood big enough to get 12"x12" out of.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:39:14 AM

Very nice  Shocked

Thanks Liquid, i appreciate it  Smiley

Cool.
What is the difference between this one and the $14k piece?...besides the choice of wood?

The Hive is wall art, intended to be displayed against a flat surface. Transcendence is a wood sculpture in that it sits flat on a base and can be viewed from 360 degrees.

The Hive portrays the Bitcoin community, Transcendence portrays Bitcoins infinite possibilities and movement through space and time.

If your inquiring as to the price difference and what makes them different in that aspect. The Hive was carved from one of the absolute rarest and most expensive woods on the planet, Just obtaining the wood for the hive and having it shipped in from Africa was over $11,000 by the time i paid the broker, the forestry permits, duties, customs fees, fee's, fee's and more fee's. Also Watermelon Ivory is as hard as steel and VERY hard to carve without breaking it working on such a rare and hard to carve wood commands a higher price for carving as if i were to have messed up it could have been an $11,000 mistake on my part, not to mention i don't know if i could have found another piece of it to complete the work.

Transcendence was made from beautiful Cocobolo wood, although very exotic and rare to find such a good specimen big enough to make the piece it is much more affordable and runs roughly $200 a board foot if you can find a tree with heartwood big enough to get 12"x12" out of.

Awesome.
I will be hitting you up within the next month or so for a custom piece.

Great!!!! i look forward to working with you.

Please be sure and visit my Q&A thread before messaging, it can answer most questions you might have before messaging me.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:06:34 AM

Very nice, congratulations.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
AtomicFrost

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:57:04 AM

That is incredibly cool looking. Great job!

Transcendence was carved from Cocobolo wood imported from Costa Rica. Unable to be portrayed through photography, Transcendence moves while standing still as the high oil content of Cocobolo wood emits an iridescence much like a tigers eye stone or a hologram.

I wish that I could see it in person; must look incredible.  Smiley

If BTC price improves I'd be tempted to get some work commissioned.  Cheesy
Biitcoin

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Zichain

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 06:38:49 AM

Pretty nice & beautiful , but isn't that the 14,000 USD Piece ? Shocked I really don't see any difference

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 07:31:04 AM

nice art, i like that. you should put some of that on etsy.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 07:59:17 AM

Awesome , you're an incredible artist ! Very nice work.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:35:40 AM

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It's Inspiring to say the least.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:46:54 AM

At this rate I might soon develop a wood addiction myself
This is a beautiful piece of art and a great description
Thanks for sharing.
(Led here by following your works ^_^)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864472.msg9626998#msg9626998

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:55:24 AM

Thats actually pretty solid. However would be nice to see some more zoomed-out pics to get a better sense of scale.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:36:18 PM

Thats actually pretty solid. However would be nice to see some more zoomed-out pics to get a better sense of scale.

12"x9" is the size of the BTC the base is 4.5"x4.5" x 1"

i am sure ducatitalia will post more photos once it is on display

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:03:01 PM

I have received a lot of inquires about doing Bitcoin art bongs over the past 3 days. In order to cut back on time and cost i would like to do them all at once so i can turn out all the blanks on the lathe in one day so i do not have to keep going back and fourth. Doing it this way can knock about $100 off the cost of each bong so if you would like to order a Bitcoin art bong please contact me by Friday November 28th.

Thanks

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 05:03:58 PM

Great work, I been following your thread with "WTB wood".
People like you are good for the bitcoin community and ecosystem.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:11:58 PM

Great work, I been following your thread with "WTB wood".
People like you are good for the bitcoin community and ecosystem.

Thanks TookDk. Bitcoin really has made obtaining rare and exotic wood so much easier and more cost effective. I just bought a load of some BEAUTIFUL purpleheart wood with bitcoin and in all my years this is the best i have over come across. I have been praying for someone to want a BTC carved out of purpleheart as i think it would be one of my most beautiful BTC logo carvings yet.

ducatitalia

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:16:08 PM

Commissioned by: ducatitalia
Material: Grade AAAA Cocobolo with Purpleheart base
Price: $750 usd

Transcend into the reimagination of economics...the reinvention of finance...the transition from centralized exploitation to individual empowerment as ducatitalia once said. This piece represents the infinite movement of BTCitcoin as it elicits curiosity into places unknown.

Thank you to ducatitalia for allowing me the opportunity to create this beautiful representation of Bitcoins infinite movement.

Sincerest thanks to WoodCollector for considering my crazy ideas, for being willing to take on this commissioning and for putting so much passion and energy into this unique BTC art piece.  This work will display proudly and prominently as a statement of Bitcoin's infinite movement and evolution, and will indeed stand as a symbol of transition from centralized exploitation to individual empowerment.

For anyone potentially interested in having an art piece created...I highly recommend WoodCollector without hesitation.  His talent speaks for itself, and I can assure you that you are dealing with someone at the top of their craft...I feel honored to have had the chance to work with him.

Just bought lighting for the display and will post pictures as soon as possible.

Top Bitrated Escrow Service: Racer Great BTC Resources: www.thebtcboss.com
Interest Free Loans: Here BTC:1MBFDLK3s9Nzk7Anfzx2GvhUo7DEBqFz7W
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 08:00:05 PM

Wow, that is simply amazing; incredible work. I love the spiral effect also, and I feel like I can almost see the iridescence you mentioned slightly through the photo even.

I agree it does seem like you are a top notch woodworker/artist, and I can tell you know what you're talking about when it comes to the different qualities of some fine wood. I respect the passion you have for your fine craft, and I agree that you are a unique asset to the Bitcoin community. Thanks for joining us here.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 08:30:30 PM

Wow, that is simply amazing; incredible work. I love the spiral effect also, and I feel like I can almost see the iridescence you mentioned slightly through the photo even.

I agree it does seem like you are a top notch woodworker/artist, and I can tell you know what you're talking about when it comes to the different qualities of some fine wood. I respect the passion you have for your fine craft, and I agree that you are a unique asset to the Bitcoin community. Thanks for joining us here.

Thanks to the Bitcoin community for having me. Thanks to bitcoin and my wood buying thread i have been able to double my wood inventory at almost half the cost of using my normal brokers and have been able to get much higher quality that is available on most markets. I have had to pay 0 currency exchange fees, 0 international wire transfer fees, 0 broker fees and had to fill out 0 forms explaining why i am sending tens of thousands of dollars to another country and that its for buying wood not for other illegal purposes. I have been able to do $95,000 in business over 2 weeks and never had to leave my desk to do it. Normally through the brokers it can take a week just to get one transaction approved. Bitcoin has forever changed the way i will do business when it comes to importing high end exotic wood, and i am now leaning on other people i know who import other things like gems, and precious metals to start using bitcoin and avoid the headache.

Also thanks to the Bitcoin community i have been able to create works of art i am passionate about. Dont get me wrong, i love making almost anything out of wood, but i get tired with my regular business and the hoards of rich people with no taste or sense of imagination. If i had to deal with one more "i want a wooden banister post carved to look like my champion race horse _____" clients this holiday season without first being able to do something truly creative and inspired i think i would have burnt my gallery to the ground.

Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 08:39:34 PM

What would the estimated shipping be for this being sent to the west coast?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: