Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:50:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pain realizing early stupidity  (Read 6539 times)
jzale

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:31:15 PM

The same anticipation with the recent panic of selling bitcoins in the middle of this month. Now you can see the recent climb of bitcoin again. Sad for those who panic sell bulk of bitcoins when the price is currently rising now. I was faithful enough to wait for this moment and will wait more until bitcoins reaches $2900 and up.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3570

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:41:51 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 03:30:46 PM by vapourminer

Wow so much history happened here.

In 2011, people couldn't believe that it would hit 2000k$/piece in one day; just like we can't imagine that it can reach 500k$ in the future now. (we actually can :p)

People sold their coins to buy coffees, pizzas and other crap. All lost the possibility of being a millionaire.

Long story short; You need to HODL till you make your dreams real. Otherwise It's not worth dumping. Doesn't make a bit of sense.

Why would you dump if you won't be living your dream life? Why sell your coins for a 100$ profit? or 1k$? Make it at least 500k$ and then we talk about dumping.

Those people made the same mistake and suffered for that decision. Be smart.

not sure if you were around 2011 or so but btc was very experimental (i did it for the geek/tech fun) so when it turned out you could actually buy stuff with the suddenly vastly increased value (cents to many dollars per coin) it was hard not to celebrate and do something "real world" like buy stuff. back then there was mtgox and dwolla to get btc to fiat. still new stuff at the time. after all if no one spent btc and proved it had real world value it would of most likely died. and there was no real reassurance it would last.

the stuff i bought for my wife and myself were a demonstration that the tech chain worked. that in itself was valuable. it wasnt till later when its worth and longevity were proven that i started to consider it a long term investment.

now i still buy things with btc to help with its adoption (overstock, steam) but generally replace what i sold.

HODL is the name of the game now. hoping it will help with retirement, which is edging close for the wife and i.

course if i had kept all i mined/bought and cashed out now we would be on our own private island right now. but regardless it was and is a fun ride. learned a lot and its hard to place a monetary value on that.

oh yeah played with lots killer hardware which i would not of otherwise done. bought with profits of course Smiley

TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:29:44 AM

I think it is really cool to see how people were talking about Bitcoin in the past. Who knows what the future holds for us. Perhaps Bitcoin will collapse. Perhaps it will be the next new thing. Only time will tell. I'm happy to have hopped on board thus far.

On a side note, apparently a mod didn't like my joke and deleted my post. I really don't understand why. Some people just don't have a sense of humor I guess.  Angry

I mean, it is not like a big deal or anything, but still rubs me the wrong way. I just think it is pathetic to have someone policing what I say when it isn't in any way destructive. After the person started evaluating bitcoin being at the lofty number $1 trillion. I stated waiting 20 years and being at 8$ Quintillion... Okay so the joke wasn't that funny, but whatever. Is it really worth deleting?

@mindrust: I'm optimistic too, but 500k per bitcoin would be a total evaluation of 10.5 trillion dollars. That is equivalent to the amount of dollar currently in circulation... cool. Sounds to good to be true though. I hope I'm wrong and that you are right.

fathur.aza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:02:31 AM

Indeed ignorance will be the beginning of their awareness to be a very clever one, and it takes several months to get rid of that stupidity
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:42:07 AM

Ouch, it really hurts when you realize you sold Bitcoins that would be worth more 70 000USD now for 20 USD a year ago. Cry

Anyone else here who know how it feels?
Or anyone here happy to have done so?

I do feel the same way but yours is worst than me. I have sold my btc when it was just around 1000$ in value then months later the price of bitcoin went up to 2000 us dollars and up. To my dismay I should have a double profit if I sold my bitcoin not too early. But there is no time to  mourn so I began my online jobs and signature campaign to earn bitcoins online and this time I will be holding it until the price will be x 10 its current value.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: