Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:26:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need VANITY  (Read 882 times)
adamas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 02:21:40 PM

Who has a fast engine to calculate a vanity address for me: 1Adamas1....  Smiley
1 BTC bounty
PM

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 02:25:04 PM

Who has a fast engine to calculate: 1Adamas1.... ?
1 BTC bounty
Heh, What kind of engine, And calculations are you look for on that?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
adamas (OP)
Legendary

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 02:28:19 PM

GPU?

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 03:39:06 PM

He could use https://vanitypooltest.appspot.com/
But it still needs to get out of beta. I doubt someone will do the job for him just to get paid with testnet coins lol
Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:22:25 PM

I sent you a private key for the address 1Adamas1Pt9dDHqUhGmL4ja4UPJYh3NrUG, please import the private key and then send 1 BTC to the address in my signature.

I have deleted my whole outbox and closed the terminal which had the private key in, and replaced it on my clipboard, so I have no further access to it. It's up to you whether to trust me on that.

You must delete the message I sent you, because if somebody gains access to your forum account they will be able to import your private key and gain access to the BTC held by that address.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 03:50:24 PM

I sent you a private key for the address 1Adamas1Pt9dDHqUhGmL4ja4UPJYh3NrUG, please import the private key and then send 1 BTC to the address in my signature.

I have deleted my whole outbox and closed the terminal which had the private key in, and replaced it on my clipboard, so I have no further access to it. It's up to you whether to trust me on that.

You must delete the message I sent you, because if somebody gains access to your forum account they will be able to import your private key and gain access to the BTC held by that address.
I would make a new address for the recipient. Send it directly to his email account after using 7zip with AES encryption to compress the text file containing the details, and a long password that is exchanged through a different medium than email. Many can potentially read forum private messages and even email, you need to know that nobody but you and adamas can possibly have the private key.
Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:10:24 PM

I would make a new address for the recipient. Send it directly to his email account after using 7zip with AES encryption to compress the text file containing the details, and a long password that is exchanged through a different medium than email. Many can potentially read forum private messages and even email, you need to know that nobody but you and adamas can possibly have the private key.

Normally I just use query on IRC to pass this information, using IRC over SSL. To be honest, I very much doubt that the forum administrators are going to steal a few BTC and risk jeopardising their positions on the forum or the forum's own reputation.

I'm far more concerned that somebody gets ahold of Adamas's password and looks through his PMs, which is why I told him to delete it once he's successfully imported the private key.

Confirming that I've received the 1BTC from Adamas.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 04:30:28 PM

Normally I just use query on IRC to pass this information, using IRC over SSL. To be honest, I very much doubt that the forum administrators are going to steal a few BTC and risk jeopardising their positions on the forum or the forum's own reputation.

You need consider the attack vectors; on a system outside your control, anybody can be admin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=42572.0

and your emails and probably most internet traffic are recorded forever by the US government, as well as email accounts that can be hacked:
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/4/20/whistleblower_the_nsa_is_lying_us

Now make sure only two people can know the private key...
adamas (OP)
Legendary

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 04:39:32 PM

I agree. I will use Luceos address only for small tips/donations (max 1000 BTC)  Wink

ludo0777

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 05:03:14 PM

Who has a fast engine to calculate a vanity address for me: 1Adamas1....  Smiley
1 BTC bounty
PM

You _do_ realize, of course, that whomever generates that address for you
will know the private key and will therefore be able to spend any coins sent
to that address, right ?

lol! Looks like you should never get other people to generate your addresses  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: