Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 07:29:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Nye said he wanted Bitcoin in his analog watch, that's exactly what I did  (Read 2017 times)
essofluffy (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:36:35 AM

Hey guys,

I'm new to Bitcointalk.org, but I wanted to share with you what I made.
Here's my creation:
http://imgur.com/a/TYDRK

Bill Nye context: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2le34s/bill_nye_undeniably_back_ama/cltvt7s

Bill if you read this somehow contact me you deserve a watch!
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:48:31 AM

Two words, three dashes.

Im-Fucking-Pressive.
essofluffy (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:53:33 AM

Thanks man!
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:54:18 AM

Well that's some fancy watch mod, but I'm gonna be that guy and say it don't really push the envelope, may as well just be a QR code engraved in back.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 02:57:38 AM

Don't give a gift to a celebrity unless they make a donation to a charity you support for it.

I was a fan of his show back in the 90s, but it seems like his ego has grown to be astronomical. On one of his "appearances" on StarTalk Radio, he said something non-factual & completely out of his (BS in Mechanical Engineering) field of study, got immediately called on it by an actual expert, and his reaction was not modest but sore loser-ish. It was my "you should never meet your hero" moment and left such a bad taste in my mouth that I haven't downloaded an episode that he's hosted, since.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: