Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:07:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you plan to get out of bitcoin in the next 3 months with at least 70% of your holdings if you see no price increase?
Yes. - 22 (13.6%)
No. - 124 (76.5%)
Not decided yet. - 16 (9.9%)
Total Voters: 162

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you plan to get out of bitcoin?  (Read 5672 times)
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:41:29 PM

Do you plan to get out of bitcoin in the next 3 months with at least 70% of your holdings if you see no price increase?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:43:37 PM

As if by magic.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:47:03 PM

I don't give a crap about price. I will be using bitcoin for the rest of my life. If you are just interested in dollars then by all means go.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:56:03 PM

Do you plan to get out of bitcoin in the next 3 months with at least 70% of your holdings if you see no price increase?

I don't expect a significant price increase in 3 months time.   Bitcoin is a long, long term investment.  I would get out of bitcoin if there wasn't a price increase in 20 years :-)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:00:45 PM

Price doesn't matter that much to me, I will not even sell my cold wallet coins if Bitcoin reaches $1000 tomorrow.

And if the price goes down I simply buy more Smiley
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:03:16 PM

I don't give a crap about price. I will be using bitcoin for the rest of my life. If you are just interested in dollars then by all means go.

What the fuck are you talking about..... you don't care if your purchasing power loses 70% of its value? I don't understand this mindset... what is the point if it's costing you money? This is not a good attitude to have and it's the kind of talk that will keep newcomers out because you sound like a delusional pro-bitcoin anarchist... to promote bitcoin it needs to help everyone, it needs to be useful and worth it to the common person... as it is designed as long as the price gradually goes up

And one day you realize you lost all your money because the price never stopped going down, great plan  Smiley

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:13:21 PM

What the fuck are you talking about..... you don't care if your purchasing power loses 70% of its value? I don't understand this mindset... what is the point if it's costing you money? This is not a good attitude to have and it's the kind of talk that will keep newcomers out because you sound like a delusional pro-bitcoin anarchist... to promote bitcoin it needs to help everyone, it needs to be useful and worth it to the common person... as it is designed as long as the price gradually goes up

And one day you realize you lost all your money because the price never stopped going down, great plan  Smiley

If he only invested what he can afford to loose easily, he can hold on bitcoin till "the end". I guess some traders simply can not understand this attitude, as they have a different perspective on what is happening in the world (don't want to say shortsighted here). For many people bitcoin is not about a quick buck, but about an evolvement of society. 

Always wrong until not.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:13:42 PM

There is a similar poll running here, but with more options:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=852011.0
inca
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:14:45 PM

You trade your meagre savings away to nothing.

People holding bitcoin are what support its price by limiting the coins used to set the price. With just 1-2 million people using btc now what the general public do is irrelevent. It won't be the public who drive the next price jump, just a few million interested people globally. By the time Joe public gets onboard volatility will have smoothed considerably.

Try and keep up.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:18:00 PM

I already posted this link in the wall observer thread, but nobody cared about the gist of it.
70% of the November 2013 bagholders' coins (mostly in China) are still waiting, could be dumped when owners lose hope.
http://www.coindesk.com/analysis-around-70-bitcoins-dormant-least-six-months/

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5042

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:22:13 PM

I think it's very telling when, with the exception of 1 or 2, the majority of posters on this thread are in reality just troll day traders.
thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:23:31 PM

I already posted this link in the wall observer thread, but nobody cared about the gist of it.
70% of the November 2013 bagholders' coins (mostly in China) are still waiting, could be dumped when owners lose hope.

when people lose hope you know it's the time to buy. I'll happily buy bitcoins at below $100 from the bag holders. Then I'll sell the same bitcoins for the same bagholders when 1BTC is $10,000
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5042

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:25:05 PM

when people lose hope you know it's the time to buy. I'll happily buy bitcoins at below $100 from the bag holders. Then I'll sell the same bitcoins for the same bagholders when 1BTC is $10,000

You're an idiot if you think bitcoin would recover from a crash to below $100 all the way up to $10K.  If it would recover at all.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:28:30 PM

You're an idiot if you think bitcoin would recover from a crash to below $100 all the way up to $10K.  If it would recover at all.

He will buy when the dam finally breaks and the price stairsteps higher. He will then mindlessly cheerlead the bull run and wonder why he didn't buy up coins in the 27x and 3xx range.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:32:02 PM

Permabull detected... if it goes down to $100 then we are probably fucked

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:32:40 PM

when people lose hope you know it's the time to buy...

That's the theory. In practice it takes a long time (could be months) between most people losing hope and reaching THE bottom.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
KIRAZ

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:38:40 PM

Thought about it a lot of times last month ended up making a paper wallet so nope i will suck up the price fluctuation for now.  Undecided
inca
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:39:06 PM

when people lose hope you know it's the time to buy...

That's the theory. In practice it takes a long time (could be months) between most people losing hope and reaching THE bottom.

You mean 275?
thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:44:41 PM

it will recover even if it crashes to $10 because I can see the potential the bitcoin protocol has. It seems that you can't see the true value of bitcoin.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:48:58 PM

it will recover even if it crashes to $10 because I can see the potential the bitcoin protocol has. It seems that you can't see the true value of bitcoin.

Below 100 allowing you to buy in cheap then to the moon right? Hilarious that fail to see value here (at the market price) yet in the same breath think it is revolutionary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: