Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:35:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] BIB.BVPS - Invest in BitVPS through GLBSE - BIB depositary receipts  (Read 8467 times)
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 02:05:43 PM

His shares remains untouched until now.

Seems he hasn't done anything with it.

Any word about the status of the old GLBSE passthrough?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 02:14:21 PM

Dead quiet

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 08:33:32 PM

https://btct.co/security/BITVPS

When are the PT shares converted and distributed?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 08:35:18 PM

I dont think ever. I think this is dead.
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 08:48:45 PM

I dont think ever. I think this is dead.

Actually I've been pushing to contact Brendio as of last week. I've contacted Namworld and burnside. Apparently namworld has his contact info and is now trying to call him. I also have Brendio's contact information in Australia. It cost me a pretty penny to get that, but private investigators do have their uses.

I live in the same quadrant as Australia but it's still a little far. What we need to do right now is get Brendio to come online and start transferring shares to people. It's been almost 6 months and I chief among many really need the shares back now. I can't wait another month or two for him to stop being busy at his new job....

While I can pretty much guarantee I will be going after him to the extent that he owes me shares/money (in a legal sense, of course) I am not going after him in a general case or representing anyone else. I just need NYAN's 33,848 shares of BitVPS so I can pay it out to shareholders and close my company. If someone wants to sell (i.e. give) me their shares on a pro bono basis I'll give 60% of whatever I get, negotiable depending on # of shares. Good luck.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 09:31:11 PM

idk even know how many shares I have but i am quite sure I had in the thousands. How can I check?
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:35:12 AM

We need the list from GLBSE. We're not getting any info/answers however. We have no way of knowing without it and brendio is not answering at all. We only know how much shares brendio held.
usagi
VIP

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:37:41 AM

We need the list from GLBSE. We're not getting any info/answers however. We have no way of knowing without it and brendio is not answering at all. We only know how much shares brendio held.

Well, that's true to a point. But in my case, I had published the number of shares I held. In the months up to the GLBSE collapse, my securities were under intense scrutiny -- as everyone knows -- and every fact and figure was questioned. In fact, in some cases people were even questioning whether or not I held the shares I said I held. If I did not hold 33,848 shares of Brendio's BitVPS passthrough, it is certain that this would have come out one way or another. But out of all the things that I got accused of no one could say I was lying about how many BitVPS shares we held.

Yes this means I'm gunning for burnside to transfer the shares if we can't contact brendio. Unfortunately for people like starsoccer there's no record, but in NYAN's case there is a very public record.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 03:12:57 AM

indeed, it does suck. As glbse was a long time ago and I really have no idea of what exactly was held there. Tho I do belive they never even paid me my .07btc that was in my balance.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:41:42 AM

any update guys?
usagi
VIP

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:26:27 AM

any update guys?

We have his contact info and he's not answering his phone.

About 4 days ago I asked burnside for a statement on whether or not he will intervene on brendio's behalf or not. Of course it's a pretty cut and dried situation, he's completely unreachable, it's been months, and everyone knows the shares are not his but that he ran a passthrough. But it looks like it will turn out to be burnside's decision. I'll post an update when I get one
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 04:45:07 AM

any update guys?

About 4 days ago I asked burnside for a statement on whether or not he will intervene on brendio's behalf or not. Of course it's a pretty cut and dried situation, he's completely unreachable, it's been months, and everyone knows the shares are not his but that he ran a passthrough. But it looks like it will turn out to be burnside's decision. I'll post an update when I get one

I cannot intervene without a copy of the asset holder list from Nefario.  Sad

I don't suppose Nefario would be willing to assist?  Or is he completely gone now too?

usagi
VIP

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:15:31 AM

any update guys?

I don't suppose Nefario would be willing to assist?  Or is he completely gone now too?

Nefario isn't going to help, I doubt it. This may have even been done intentionally to enable scams, since he could have just as easily sent everyone their CSV file. But in this case, I have well-accepted proof of how many shares I held and brendio had responded to me earlier confirming my ownership. Everyone knows NYAN held 33,848 shares because we had published that number publicly for months and it had been quoted numerous times.

If you are going to state that we need to get Nefario's help on this, what happens if we can't reach him? I agree that it is fair to ask a reasonable amount of time to be spent contacting nefario. But I need a path to resolve this. Ultimately, you are final authority here. That's why you need to define the way this gets resolved. If Nefario does not comment on this and we cannot contact Nefario for 30 days will you transfer the shares?
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 06:23:11 AM

any update guys?

Nefario isn't going to help, I doubt it. This may have even been done intentionally to enable scams, since he could have just as easily sent everyone their CSV file. But in this case, I have well-accepted proof of how many shares I held and brendio had responded to me earlier confirming my ownership. Everyone knows NYAN held 33,848 shares because we had published that number publicly for months and it had been quoted numerous times.

If you are going to state that we need to get Nefario's help on this, what happens if we can't reach him? I agree that it is fair to ask a reasonable amount of time to be spent contacting nefario. But I need a path to resolve this. Ultimately, you are final authority here. That's why you need to define the way this gets resolved. If Nefario does not comment on this and we cannot contact Nefario for 30 days will you transfer the shares?

I hate to say it, but I think when a person disappears, it usually takes a death certificate to release such things.

Just playing the devil's advocate for a second; if I transfer the shares, and find out later that the number was incorrect, or they were in dispute, what am I going to be held liable for?  Rough back of the napkin math tells me worst case ~$13k USD?  And more every day that BTC rises.

Say I do release your shares.  What do I tell the next guy that comes along wanting me to release his shares?  Do I start taking claims for all of the shareholders?  If I do, how do I vet the claims?

I really (really) want to help here, but those are some big risks.

I just sent him a message on facebook.  Hope he sees it.  Facebook charged me for delivery!

Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:01:02 AM

any update guys?

I cannot intervene without a copy of the asset holder list from Nefario.  Sad

I don't suppose Nefario would be willing to assist?  Or is he completely gone now too?

I agree nefario won't assist - he's on the hook for a lot of money himself which he won't return (presumably because he hasn't got it).

Not sure how you see this as being an issue for burnside though.  It's namworld's asset - so up to namworld to issue shares as he sees fit.  Burnside should only intervene if the actual operator of an asset defaults - not if someone they deal with defaults.  If brendio had listed an asset it would be different.

You should be providing a link to an old record of NYAN's holdings and asking namworld to issue you the shares.  If burnside starts intervening in assets without any assertion that the asset owner has done wrong then we're in a right mess.

Incidentally I'm not clear which Nyan held them - I assume when you say Nyan you mean nyan.a (as actual Nyan itself sold all its holdings not long before GLBSE closed down).
usagi
VIP

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:27:51 AM

I hate to say it, but I think when a person disappears, it usually takes a death certificate to release such things.

Just playing the devil's advocate for a second; if I transfer the shares, and find out later that the number was incorrect, or they were in dispute, what am I going to be held liable for?  Rough back of the napkin math tells me worst case ~$13k USD?  And more every day that BTC rises.

Say I do release your shares.  What do I tell the next guy that comes along wanting me to release his shares?  Do I start taking claims for all of the shareholders?  If I do, how do I vet the claims?

I really (really) want to help here, but those are some big risks.

I just sent him a message on facebook.  Hope he sees it.  Facebook charged me for delivery!

My case is special because we had published that we held 33,848 shares and this number was placed under intense scrutiny. It's as close as you can get to a confirmation from Nefario, because no one could contest the number. I'm sure you know they would have if they could have.

I get what you are saying though. I have to ask because this is about appeasing my shareholders. If this is out of my hands, then as long as everyone understands that I did everything I could do to recover the money I'll stop pursuing it. Perhaps a better use of the funds we raised from the liquidation would be to hire a PI and track brendio down. Unfortunately I already paid it out to shareholders, and with the sort of ridiculous comments left on CPA by LTC-GLOBAL moderators there's absolutely no incentive to throw personal money into it anymore.

Any LTC-GLOBAL moderator reading this should look at the ratings on BMF, CPA, etc. in light of this and the BAKEWELL case (and ART and BITCOINRS etc.) With no incentive to go after people like Ian and Brendio there will be no way to pay out any more money to shareholders. This is going to be the final nail in CPA if the assets are not approved, and soon.
usagi
VIP

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 10:30:12 AM

Not sure how you see this as being an issue for burnside though.  It's namworld's asset - so up to namworld to issue shares as he sees fit.  Burnside should only intervene if the actual operator of an asset defaults - not if someone they deal with defaults.  If brendio had listed an asset it would be different.

You should be providing a link to an old record of NYAN's holdings and asking namworld to issue you the shares.  If burnside starts intervening in assets without any assertion that the asset owner has done wrong then we're in a right mess.

Incidentally I'm not clear which Nyan held them - I assume when you say Nyan you mean nyan.a (as actual Nyan itself sold all its holdings not long before GLBSE closed down).

I know your intentions are good but you don't know what is going on here. For one, just for one, the shares have already been issued to brendio. I won't discuss the rest of it in public with you, there's no point. But I'll try one last time to contact brendio before this is over, and I'll post the results here. This may take some time; then again, $10,000 is a lot of money, and last I heard from brendio he was planning to get online and transfer me the shares as soon as he could.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:58:29 PM

would be great to finally get some shares. Ive been waiting on them for a while now. As soon as I get them im probally selling anyways tho.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 07:56:10 AM

I have some great news!

Brendio and I have been working together to get the BIB.BVPS shareholders taken care of.  He provided me with a copy of the GLBSE csv and I have used it to transfer all of the BIB.BVPS pass through shares directly to shares in BITVPS.

For each shareholder, a new account has been created, the shares moved into it, and an email with access details sent.

As with previous btct.co imports, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of our emails get filtered.  Please make sure to check your spam folder.  If you held BIB.BVPS and you can't find this email anywhere, please PM me and I'll do what I can to assist.

Cheers.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:33:36 AM

this is very good thanks. Does he plan to distribute dividends that were missed aswell?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: