Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:12:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] TORwallet - anonymous mixing wallet service  (Read 29499 times)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 01:49:34 AM

For example, I put some bitcoins in Mt. Gox. I traded them for USD. Then I traded them back for bitcoins after a day. I lost in the spread and the difference, but I'm still close to the original bitcoins. Then I withdraw the bitcoins back to my own wallet on my computer.
You don't understand hox shared wallets like mtgox work. You don't even need to trade your coins for them to get mixed.

So is it correct to say, that I just put my bitcoins into a brand new Mt. Gox account, (for example 200 bitcoins). Wait a day or two, then withdraw them out. I get 200 mixed bitcoins? hehheehehehe... so mixing can be free? (or the wait can be shorter?)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 08:01:06 AM

So is it correct to say, that I just put my bitcoins into a brand new Mt. Gox account, (for example 200 bitcoins). Wait a day or two, then withdraw them out. I get 200 mixed bitcoins? hehheehehehe... so mixing can be free? (or the wait can be shorter?)
Yes, unless MtGox decides to AMhell you.
MtGox is a really bad pick though because they won't let you connect through Tor and might request your ID.
Any big shared wallet to which you can connect through Tor will be fine.

The waiting period is important because your funds usually get mixed with hot funds, and not the cold wallet (unless you wait enough), so you should :
 - pick a fat shared wallet that lets you connect anonymously
 - wait a couple of days before withdrawing
 - withdraw in random amounts to random addresses

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 02:40:51 AM

Is there a list of "fat shared wallets" ? Sort of a list of where you can possibly mix your coins? I understand there are paid ones (like this TORwallet and blockchain also has one) but there are free alternatives, or almost free, or maybe possibly free, like MtGox.

Off the top of my head, I can think of Silk Road (but I have never gone there, and I don't think I would want to.) and many of the online wallets, like instawallet or blockchain or blockexplorer wallet.

I think MtGox might be ok for low number of bitcoins. I have less than 200, so I don't even reach their daily limit.

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 06:06:16 AM

Is there a list of "fat shared wallets" ? Sort of a list of where you can possibly mix your coins? I understand there are paid ones (like this TORwallet and blockchain also has one) but there are free alternatives, or almost free, or maybe possibly free, like MtGox.

Off the top of my head, I can think of Silk Road (but I have never gone there, and I don't think I would want to.) and many of the online wallets, like instawallet or blockchain or blockexplorer wallet.

I think MtGox might be ok for low number of bitcoins. I have less than 200, so I don't even reach their daily limit.

i think glbse is a good choice for this
i always send my coins through glbse if i dont know where there are from (i still think mtgox needs an api to check if they would accept the coins beforehand...i just hate their "close account and verify"-policy)
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 09:22:17 AM

Blockchain isn't a shared wallet, your coins aren't pooled with other ones there. The coins you deposit will be the same coins you withdraw.
Just pick one that lets you connect through Tor, like Instawallet for example Wink

Tweaked

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 09:33:56 AM

Dear user. Hotwallet will be shut down on January 1st, 2013. It was a nice experiment but I've decided to take the skills I have learned in creating hotwallet and apply them in another direction. Do not create a new account or send money here unless it's for short-term use. Thank you for using hotwallet. If you have any issues please e-mail usagi@tsukino.ca. Thanks and bye!
Mr. Coinman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 08:09:01 PM

Dear user. Hotwallet will be shut down on January 1st, 2013. It was a nice experiment but I've decided to take the skills I have learned in creating hotwallet and apply them in another direction. Do not create a new account or send money here unless it's for short-term use. Thank you for using hotwallet. If you have any issues please e-mail usagi@tsukino.ca. Thanks and bye!

Off topic, but this is at least the 50th bitcoin-related website I've seen make use of Twitter Bootstrap. Why is it so popular in this community?

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 10:11:28 PM

Off topic, but this is at least the 50th bitcoin-related website I've seen make use of Twitter Bootstrap. Why is it so popular in this community?
Bootstrap gets some boring stuff out of the way, and ultimately gets your product faster on the market.

kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 09:58:03 AM

It is popular with every startup with a shoestring budget... Just that the more traditional startups have probably more money and probably invest more to the front-end stuff. With bitcoin your biggest concern is security and you tend to invest to that, and not that much to front-end.

apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 11:58:39 PM

With bitcoin your biggest concern is security and you tend to invest to that, and not that much to front-end.
we should just declare bootstrap as a de-facto standard for bitcoin web apps and make that a best-practice and a requirement for a security certificate.
i am actually serious about that. it looks good enough and it makes developers spend more time on where it matters. for some users it could also be a good experience since this is the de-facto default UI everyone knows from other sites.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 09:49:25 AM

i am actually serious about that.

Staring Owl

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 11:44:46 AM

1 month later, the site is still up, is there any evolvement of the case?

Also, since as explained here mixing coins seems quite easy on your own for free, using shared big wallets, why such services charging 3-5% still thrive?
Are there any advantages of them? Or it's just the lack of knowledge in people as usual... ? Smiley

Grin SLOT machine with generous payouts and affiliate program. BTC No registration needed BTC Start playing for real within seconds BTC Provably fair and transparent BTC You can win up to 5000 times your bet BTC Or make 30% by referring friends. ->  BitBandit.eu
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 02:15:59 PM

why such services charging 3-5% still thrive?

What makes you think they "thrive"?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 03:06:42 PM

Why are you bumping a scammer's thread whith an off-topic reply to a one month old reply?
Staring Owl

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:25:05 PM

Why are you bumping a scammer's thread whith an off-topic reply to a one month old reply?

to see if there is some kind of an evolvement dude

Grin SLOT machine with generous payouts and affiliate program. BTC No registration needed BTC Start playing for real within seconds BTC Provably fair and transparent BTC You can win up to 5000 times your bet BTC Or make 30% by referring friends. ->  BitBandit.eu
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 02:16:24 AM

You can access Flexcoin (basic wallet service-they even pay interest) on Tor.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 03:41:36 PM

Form googlemail directly? I can not believe that.. Who in their right mind would do that?

There are other options: "Google Toolbar", Chrome.. but it does not matter.

Google indexes stuff that people publish, it does not do black magic.

Google know about 1560 URLs (by screenshot)
For safety reasons, he showed you only the first 170, but there are other ways to get those links.

But the problem is not in Google. The problem is that even Google can find a lot of URLs.
What you don't understand is that simply visiting the root of the instawallet site (and Torwallet too) redirects you to a new virgin wallet without clicking any buttons. When this happens, the URL changes, so Google indexes a new URL each time, because it doesn't understand what happened and it thinks that there is new content to be shown to search users. IT CANNOT AND WILL NOT DISCOVER EXISTING URLS UNLESS THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY PUBLISHED.

And that BS about Gmail was retarded, they don't index or publish your mail, they just scan it for keywords to provide relevant advertising.

Apologies for the quick aside in re. bold. (was redirected to this thread via another)

I stay logged into my main Google email account that I only use of barn wood sale purposes. Two days ago Google sent me an email to suggest 6 friends for a Google+ account I don't own, nor have one in some other name.

The suggestions consisted of 3 Bitcoin entities (one, a real person), 2 loosely connected Bitcoin related entities, and the valedictorian of my 1978 high school class who now lives in Hershey, PA, whom which I haven't seen, nor contacted him in 35 years, but he is the vice president of a major insurance concern. Nor have I ever Googled his name.

The only name I have ever used in my email correspondence is my real first name, Bruno--no last name.

Now, somebody tell me how that's even possible from gleaning words from an email account that its sole purpose for setting up was to buy and sell century-old, rotten, musty smelling, worm infested barn wood.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:04:17 PM

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have a question.

The address 1BLitZGYgERqp1NUgnHLBSfEng6QmZaWKe was connected to the TORWallet theft. However, the address was primarily used for SatoshiDICE gambling. AFAIK, SatoshiDICE cannot be used to launder or mix coins. Is there another reason the thief would want to use SatoshiDICE?
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 05:32:50 PM

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have a question.

The address 1BLitZGYgERqp1NUgnHLBSfEng6QmZaWKe was connected to the TORWallet theft. However, the address was primarily used for SatoshiDICE gambling. AFAIK, SatoshiDICE cannot be used to launder or mix coins. Is there another reason the thief would want to use SatoshiDICE?
Same reason as anyone's for using SatoshiDICE.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: