Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:19:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin, and the production of freedom in financial markets  (Read 1251 times)
Torgbuiagorkoli (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 09:07:28 PM

Hey All!
I am writing a thesis on financial markets and the production of freedom, using bitcoin as my main case study.  It is incomplete, but I am looking for feedback on what I have so far.  Please give any feedback you can (dont be nice Smiley)

Thanks!  You can find it at this link: https://docs.google.com/a/ucsc.edu/document/d/1JIyMWIibqH8x20vGBTMBZ2yqM7Xbp54UpWBh0o2H7WI/edit
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Murphant

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:16:53 PM

I'd be interested in reading it, is the google docs version the latest? Do you have a PDF version?
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:50:25 PM

Reading it actually. Seems pretty neutral and accurate from now on.

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:06:51 PM

Don't know the scientific level of the degree you're pursuing, but phrases like "bringing us" is non-scientific writing style. It's more creative writing.

When I got more time I'll make more qualified comments though Smiley

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: