Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:10:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everything except the price trend is going fantastic  (Read 9668 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:38:55 AM

Lol, if Apple stock charts looked like this...

...hell yeah, sell all Apple stock a year ago!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:15:45 AM

Have to spell it out for you, huh?

The implication being that selling Bitcoin today could turn out like selling Apple stock in 2013: investors scared by a local decline, and not considering the global trend, miss out.

Which is still an open question of course, what exactly the global trend of Bitcoin will turn out to be. I'm not committed to the 100k per coin idea as some in here are (or were?).

However, I'm even less committed to your idea that, because Bitcoin sees one year of bear market, it's game over for crypto.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:51:42 AM

A glimpse into the future of bitcoin:
http://www.coindesk.com/3-pre-bitcoin-virtual-currencies-bit-dust/

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:56:03 AM

Hmmm, let's see....

Centralized
Centralized
Centralized

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:39:41 AM

The implication being that selling Bitcoin today could turn out like selling Apple stock in 2013: investors scared by a local decline, and not considering the global trend, miss out.

The implication being that Bitcoin's current price resulted from the last bubble.  If AAPL price stayed in the single/double digits for years, shot up by _an order of magnitude_  almost overnight, and since then remained on a downward trajectory?  Well, I'd say buy buy buy, because the road to mental health is just around the corner.

And stop putting words in my mouth.  Never said this meant "game over for crypto."  Crypto could exist without Bitcoin, and the results of the Bitcoin experiment could contribute to a new crypto, which won't have to repeat Bitcoin's mistakes.

Until then, Bitcoin's fate is not "to the moon or bust," as many here have you believe--Bitcoin will do just fine @$50/BTC.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:56:54 AM

The implication being that Bitcoin's current price resulted from the last bubble.  If AAPL price stayed in the single/double digits for years, shot up by _an order of magnitude_  almost overnight, and since then remained on a downward trajectory?  Well, I'd say buy buy buy, because the road to mental health is just around the corner.

And stop putting words in my mouth.  Never said this meant "game over for crypto."  Crypto could exist without Bitcoin, and the results of the Bitcoin experiment could contribute to a new crypto, which won't have to repeat Bitcoin's mistakes.

Until then, Bitcoin's fate is not "to the moon or bust," as many here have you believe--Bitcoin will do just fine @$50/BTC.

Roll Eyes

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:41:09 PM

Bitcoin will do just fine @$50/BTC.

You're so stuck in 2013.

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:55:25 PM

You're so stuck in 2013.

Nah, it's you who is stuck in 2013.  It's over, brah, bitcoin has been tanking for over a year.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 03:23:12 PM

Yes and let's not forget one of the best things to happen to Bitcoin in a while: Circle.com
Circle truly is breaking new ground when it comes to providing Bitcoin to the masses. I got my invitation early and I'm still marveling at how easy it is to buy BTC with a credit/debit card on their site. It's a pretty cool feeling to know that I can get BTC anytime, in less than 3 minutes with just a few clicks Smiley Sure they're not ideal for bigger players because of the $500 weekly limit but still I think it's a major step toward mass adoption.
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:34:07 PM

Yes and let's not forget one of the best things to happen to Bitcoin in a while: Circle.com
Circle truly is breaking new ground when it comes to providing Bitcoin to the masses. I got my invitation early and I'm still marveling at how easy it is to buy BTC with a credit/debit card on their site. It's a pretty cool feeling to know that I can get BTC anytime, in less than 3 minutes with just a few clicks Smiley Sure they're not ideal for bigger players because of the $500 weekly limit but still I think it's a major step toward mass adoption.

Cue lambchop explaining why Circle.com is actually ultrabearish in 3... 2... 1...

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:45:02 PM

Cue lambchop explaining why Circle.com is actually ultrabearish in 3... 2... 1...

Nah, but thanks for that [predictably] testy quip.
Circle.com is awesome for Bitcoin.  Degenerate gamblers & junior CloneRoad junkies can now dime out their (parents'?) CC. Cheesy
Party on.
djokica

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:31:55 AM

You're so stuck in 2013.

Nah, it's you who is stuck in 2013.  It's over, brah, bitcoin has been tanking for over a year.

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/75449-Let-Go-Of-The-Past-But-Remember-The-Lesson.jpg

Dont scare my that price will go down under 100$ i just started with this and i hope your wrong.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:33:46 AM

You're so stuck in 2013.

Same was back then all said the bitcoin is history and then he pop up to over 1000$.
You can not expect to be like that then you have loose confident in any crypto not just BTC.

I hope for all our sake that price will go over 1000$ once again.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bajlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:36:01 AM

You think the same fate is for BTC.
I dont think so to much is in stake here.

BentleyBirch

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:58:03 AM

All things will be empty if bitcoin has no price
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:48:15 PM

Only reason im somewhat bearish on bitcoin is because of the noobs trying to get rich quick with all of their savings.. and we know that pigs get slaughtered so smart money has no interest in making a new top 1% wealthy club... so in reality it should keep around these levels or lower until there is a mass influx of noobs pouring money in causing it to go nowhere but up.. but this will happen just as development keeps going... technicals are good just buy and hold. There are new people coming in, maybe not enoughto cause it to go moon right now but enough and one day miners will stop dumping and the "everyone knows what will happen then" scenario plays out like it always does in every market... except timing will be off for everyone except those who held.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:35:04 AM

Only reason im somewhat bearish on bitcoin is because of the noobs trying to get rich quick with all of their savings.. and we know that pigs get slaughtered so smart money has no interest in making a new top 1% wealthy club... so in reality it should keep around these levels or lower until there is a mass influx of noobs pouring money in causing it to go nowhere but up.. but this will happen just as development keeps going... technicals are good just buy and hold. There are new people coming in, maybe not enoughto cause it to go moon right now but enough and one day miners will stop dumping and the "everyone knows what will happen then" scenario plays out like it always does in every market... except timing will be off for everyone except those who held.
That's the takeaway value for those that engage in trading trying to up their fiat. When the ship sails and you have extra fiat but low on BTC, you're gonna pay an arm and a leg to get back on where the holders are sitting. Of course, first class isn't for everybody. This is really where having skin in the game will pay off immensely after having weathered the storms.
goldsun

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:09:45 AM

Could someone explain and answer why the price trend is not going up, while all this new bitcoin adoption takes place?

We are literally in the same price range, and has been, for almost 2 months now. Not sure whats really going on.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:20:49 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 01:32:11 AM by NotLambchop

...This is really where having skin in the game will pay off immensely after having weathered the storms.

How's that camwhore studio investment of yours working out thus far?  What was it, Klyemax Studios or some such?  All the bitches tied to the same hitchin' post & calling you daddy yet?

@goldsun:  Bitcoin is a purely speculative commodity, think of it as poker chips.  Adoption rate gives Bitcoin a plausible backstory for speculators to exploit, but little more than that. 
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:49:39 AM

When the last but one hodler have capitulated, the market will turn.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: