Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:03:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would someone give a loan?  (Read 3423 times)
leen93 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:23:14 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 04:38:55 PM by leen93

would someone give me a loan of 1000$ in bitcoin for 1 month (1%) if i could give a collateral of 4 btc to an escrow during that month?
just the question if someone would give me this loan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1386
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 08:32:17 PM

Posh in the Lending section, not the Beginners & Help. If you provide collateral, then yup, I'm sure someone would be willing to do it

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
anshar

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:52:58 PM

would someone give me a loan of 1000$ in bitcoin for 1 month (1%) if i could give a collateral of 4 btc to an escrow during that month?

So you would put 4 btc in collateral for 3 btc Huh What..
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:05:14 PM

+ Huh I don't get it either. You send 4BTC then the lender sends you... 3?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:06:30 PM

I'd like to know who the escrow would be lol.
Pierre11

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:15:15 PM

The escrow would pretty much be getting an easy 1% or something in fees.

Is he asking for a USD pegged loan?
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:30:25 PM

The escrow would pretty much be getting an easy 1% or something in fees.

Is he asking for a USD pegged loan?

According to what's written, it seems that he wants a loan in the amount of $1000 denominated in BTC, in exchange for 4 BTC held in escrow as collateral, and that he wants to repay $1,010 denominated in BTC.  So, everyone is confused because he wants to provide more BTC as collateral than the amount of BTC he is looking for.

This is why I joked that I'd like to know who the escrow would be, because the only way that this deal would make sense is if he is a scammer just waiting to tell us all about some 'trusted' escrow he found.

Hopefully he just typed his request incorrectly and that English isn't his native language  Cheesy
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:26:07 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 11:39:34 PM by tmfp

Or it could be a cheap way of getting leverage for a month on a hoped for increase in the Bitcoin price, at a cost of $10.
Ignore the collateral for the minute, that's just security to be returned by the escrow on repayment of $1000 plus 1% i.e. $1010.
Say, for the sake of easy calculation, Bitcoin at the time of the loan is trading at $333.3, he gets 3 BTC = $1000.
IF the price goes up to say $505 during the month, then he pays back $1010, now only 2BTC, making a 1BTC profit on the loan (as well as the collateral).  

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
bigadam0101

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:36:41 PM

You can try here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=701592.0

leen93 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:38:41 PM

Or it could be a cheap way of getting leverage for a month on a hoped for increase in the Bitcoin price, at a cost of $10.
Ignore the collateral for the minute, that's just security to be returned by the escrow on repayment of $1000 plus 1% i.e. $1010.
Say, for the sake of easy calculation, Bitcoin at the time of the loan is trading at $333.3, he gets 3 BTC = $1000.
IF the price goes up to say $505 during the month, then he pays back $1010, now only 2BTC, making a profit on the loan (as well as the collateral).  

that's exactly what i mean
i didn't mean to ask for a loan too, just if it would be reasonable someone would do that?
but it is not for buying bitcoin
but indeed, i would pay back 1010$ in bitcoin
if bitcoin is 10100$ in a month i would pay back 0.1 bitcoin, if it's worth 101$ i would give back 10 btc per btc lended. I'll immediately transfer those btc back to fiat so even when the price would go down like hell I'll still be able to pay back. It's just lending out fiat with an intrest rate of 1% a month (of 12.68% a year).
I could also do it with lower amounts maybe but the problem is how to use the collateral then. Is there a way to be 100% sure I'll get my sended btc back when i pay back the loan?
I'm really new in all of this and don't know how everything works
leen93 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:39:51 PM

You can try here:

he's loaning out btc, i'm not interested in that Smiley want usd (paid in whatever method but could be with bitcoin)
bigadam0101

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:42:14 PM

You can try here:

he's loaning out btc, i'm not interested in that Smiley want usd (paid in whatever method but could be with bitcoin)

Just trying.. Smiley but you can look for something what you need in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=65.0
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:59:01 PM

You can try here:

Just trying.. Smiley but you can look for something what you need in this thread:

I think it will take more then 1 percent loan.  This is a very attractive loan as the borrower but less so for person loaning. 
leen93 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:06:02 AM

You can try here:

I think it will take more then 1 percent loan.  This is a very attractive loan as the borrower but less so for person loaning. 
why? 12.6% a year for your fiat, I don't know what you get on your bank account but I guess it's a bit less and even people put money on there...
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:34:10 AM

You can try here:

I think it will take more then 1 percent loan.  This is a very attractive loan as the borrower but less so for person loaning.  
why? 12.6% a year for your fiat, I don't know what you get on your bank account but I guess it's a bit less and even people put money on there...

Certainly a bank pays much less interest on deposits, but then again the bank is a MUCH lower risk.  Deposits at the bank here in the U.S. are regulated and insured by the F.D.I.C.

Are you running a regulated business? If I loan you money, will that loan be guaranteed by an extremely reliable insurance corporation?

If not, then the lender is taking a MUCH higher risk, and therefore should be adequately compensated for that additional risk.  If getting a bank loan was so easy for you, then you already would have gotten the loan there and would not be here looking for someone willing to take a chance on you.
Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:30:38 AM

IF the price goes up to say $505 during the month, then he pays back $1010, now only 2BTC, making a profit on the loan (as well as the collateral).   

i didn't mean to ask for a loan too, just if it would be reasonable someone would do that?
if bitcoin is 10100$ in a month i would pay back 0.1 bitcoin, if it's worth 101$ i would give back 10 btc per btc lended. I'll immediately transfer those btc back to fiat so even when the price would go down like hell I'll still be able to pay back. It's just lending out fiat with an intrest rate of 1% a month (of 12.68% a year).
I could also do it with lower amounts maybe but the problem is how to use the collateral then. Is there a way to be 100% sure I'll get my sended btc back when i pay back the loan?

So you don't want to sell your bitcoin for USD and buy bitcoin back later, because you don't want the risk of bitcoin price going up in the next month, right?

What about selling ~2.7 btc for $1000 and buy it back later, and entering a leveraged long position at the same time to hedge the risk?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 06:05:00 AM

You can try here:

I think it will take more then 1 percent loan.  This is a very attractive loan as the borrower but less so for person loaning.  

Certainly a bank pays much less interest on deposits, but then again the bank is a MUCH lower risk.  Deposits at the bank here in the U.S. are regulated and insured by the F.D.I.C.

Are you running a regulated business? If I loan you money, will that loan be guaranteed by an extremely reliable insurance corporation?

If not, then the lender is taking a MUCH higher risk, and therefore should be adequately compensated for that additional risk.  If getting a bank loan was so easy for you, then you already would have gotten the loan there and would not be here looking for someone willing to take a chance on you.

Pretty much sums it up.  If you have a bank account you can get a fiat for cheaper on loan.   

There is a entire lending board on here, if you look because of risk the monthly fee is normally higher then one percent.
leen93 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 06:56:34 AM

You can try here:

There no risk if I give more collateral, right?
leen93 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 06:57:49 AM

So you don't want to sell your bitcoin for USD and buy bitcoin back later, because you don't want the risk of bitcoin price going up in the next month, right?

What about selling ~2.7 btc for $1000 and buy it back later, and entering a leveraged long position at the same time to hedge the risk?
That would maybe cost me more and give me risk by putting my btc on an exchange
Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 07:28:42 AM

That would maybe cost me more and give me risk by putting my btc on an exchange

Regarding the cost, I don't think 1% monthly rate is good enough as the lender would have a loss (in terms of bitcoin) as long as bitcoin price goes up just 1% in the next month. I have no idea what is the "fair" rate should be though.

Regarding to risk, you are absolutely right.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: