Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:31:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you take drugs; or buy them on silk road? Or sell them for that matter?  (Read 10331 times)
schnell (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:01:07 AM

Just for clarification in an article I am writing. I am trying to rid Bitcoin's common misconceptions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nathanghart

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:02:32 AM

Never even thought of it, no.
Stardust

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:04:47 AM

Nope
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:05:44 AM

negative
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:07:38 AM

Never done drugs. I'm probably addicted to dopamine (judging by how many times I boink my girlfriend in a day) so I think doing drugs for me would probably be a bad idea. It also doesn't make sense to me, as with drinking alcohol or smoking. None of them ever interested me even in the slightest.

As for Silk road, I think any marketplace where you can sell -anything- is rather interesting, but having absolutely no interest in drugs myself makes it seem kind of a waste. Where are the wikileaks style cables we can buy for $20? The hidden videos of CEOs raping their employees, or other interesting stuff people would totally buy? Why drugs?  Roll Eyes

Let's make the internet fun again, not just a mirror of the already boring world of losers.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 06:10:07 AM

I took a tylenol the other day.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:10:45 AM

No, I don't even smoke or drink alcohol.

Yes - seriously.

dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:12:49 AM

Never done drugs. I'm probably addicted to dopamine (judging by how many times I boink my girlfriend in a day) so I think doing drugs for me would probably be a bad idea. It also doesn't make sense to me, as with drinking alcohol or smoking. None of them ever interested me even in the slightest.

As for Silk road, I think any marketplace where you can sell -anything- is rather interesting, but having absolutely no interest in drugs myself makes it seem kind of a waste. Where are the wikileaks style cables we can buy for $20? The hidden videos of CEOs raping their employees, or other interesting stuff people would totally buy? Why drugs?  Roll Eyes

Let's make the internet fun again, not just a mirror of the already boring world of losers.

Although I haven't visited the website in quite a while, last time I checked there was "information" for sale.  It was being talked about at least - example like inside information (IPO,people working for a law firm... ) I am not sure if it was ever followed through.  My luck would be that it was some guy from the FBI doing some undercover bullshit.  Too risky for me anyway.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 06:19:27 AM

Although I haven't visited the website in quite a while, last time I checked there was "information" for sale.  It was being talked about at least - example like inside information (IPO,people working for a law firm... ) I am not sure if it was ever followed through.  My luck would be that it was some guy from the FBI doing some undercover bullshit.  Too risky for me anyway.

Anyone remember Fucked Company?

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
schnell (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:22:45 AM

No off topic please :/ This is meant to prove to the world that bitcoiners are not druggies.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:30:36 AM

Define drugs?

For one to think that anything isn't a drug is getting farther from the truth.
For instance where is the clear distinction between a hotdog(food) and a drug(assuming we are talking about prescription pills, marijuana, psychedelics, bath salts)?
Everything will effect your system in some way.

I googled "Define: drug" and it gave me the following
drug/drəg/
Noun:   
A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

With food you get a physiological effect. In my experience when i eat, I feel wonderful ready for the day
(with out food I feel like crap, i get angry, groggyness, etc)

With some chemicals you feel good, some chemicals you feel bad...

I think my hippy sounding response is your answer....
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:35:37 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2012, 06:52:20 AM by stochastic

Although I haven't visited the website in quite a while, last time I checked there was "information" for sale.  It was being talked about at least - example like inside information (IPO,people working for a law firm... ) I am not sure if it was ever followed through.  My luck would be that it was some guy from the FBI doing some undercover bullshit.  Too risky for me anyway.

No off topic please :/ This is meant to prove to the world that bitcoiners are not druggies.

Because the world really gives a crap if bitcoiners are druggies and your poll will really convince them.

To do a better study, you should try to find how many bitcoins are exchanged through SR.  Find that proportion and then use the DEA's estimation of how large is the illegal narcotics trade is in USD.  Then compare the proportions and see who the real abusers of drugs are.

Taking DMT is on my bucket list... Oops, our brains already make it naturally.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:37:56 AM

No. Drugs are bad in most cases. And even if you argue that POT isn't in and of itself harmful, more often than not the culture behind it is. Just my experience.

Drug culture differs around the world though. For instance Amsterdam where I once had a delightful conversation with a stoned physicist who held tenure at university... true story.

anyway.

I really view SR drug sales as a fad. In any given town or city ANYWHERE in the world it is much, much easier to buy drugs with good old fashion fiat currency from your local dealer at 711  Roll Eyes

The world drug trade in 2005 was worth 320 Billion. That was with a cursory google search. I'm sure its much, much more by now.
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/393/320billion.shtml

Bitcoin's market cap is a mere 50~ million.

That means the total value of the ENTIRE bitcoin economy is worth 0.01536% of what the world drug trade was in 2005.

A tenth of a tenth of a percent.

"bitcoin users are nefarious drug sellers/buyers" Give me a break.

bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:38:50 AM

Never heard about drugs. Whats that?  Shocked

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 07:48:42 AM

Caffeine is classed as a drug, I have a cup of that every day or two Smiley
I guess the topic is more about "illegal" drugs though.
Which raises another topic, what is illegal in one jurisdiction is dealt with differently in another jurisdiction.
For example in Australia: In Western Australia possession of more than 7grams of marijuana can get you a criminal record and jail. In the ACT you get an "on the spot fine" and no criminal record. Laws between countries vary even more. Like death penalty in Indonesia and "medical marijuana " in the USA....

SilkRoad - never visited and having worked as a Postal Delivery Officer..well, I know the risks of illegal purchases never reaching the purchaser (or being closely followed by an officer of the law with a suitable warrant)Smiley

So Bitcoin gets traded for drugs.... oh whoa so does um every fiat currency in the world, as well as other stuff like ... washing powder.
OMG YOU USE WASHING POWDER _ YOU MUST BE DRUGGIE...

So yer, misconceptions, good luck at changing them with this topic Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 08:45:45 AM

I've never tried any illegal drugs. I consume alcohol, tobacco, and caffiene only a few times per year. I only occasionally drink anything but water.

(I believe that all drugs should be completely legalized, however.)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 08:49:58 AM

This is stupid. Who would boast with their drug use, or boast SELLING drugs, which would get you jail time? Of course we will have only righteous "no, I never have usen drugs" people in this thread Cheesy

wirmola

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 09:21:43 AM

Well... I do support SILK ROAD and other sites alike. I would not buy drugs there, but there is a lot of other interesting stuff which is hard to get at other places..
 And then again, I don't understand this witch hunt of drug users, when alcohol and tobacco are the biggest killers... hundreds of millions(if not billions) of people smoke marijuana or other cannabis products every day without getting ill, hurting other people, die or getting addicted of it..
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 09:23:35 AM

This is stupid. Who would boast with their drug use, or boast SELLING drugs, which would get you jail time? Of course we will have only righteous "no, I never have usen drugs" people in this thread Cheesy
Exactly!
The feds are watching you!

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 11:07:51 AM

Taking DMT is on my bucket list... Oops, our brains already make it naturally.

DMT can bring people to a point where they decide whether they want to go insane (stop caring about reality completely) or not, they are unsure of whether they want to cross that line and they have a choice. Perhaps everyone should do it to graduate high school, like a vision quest.

Evidence your brain produces it on purpose is kinda weak (but understudied), however I would believe it. It is basically MAO resistant serotonin and it would make sense to be generated in order to 1) maintain blood pressure during hemorrhaging/etc then 2) calm you so you stop calling for help if you're fucked anyway (altruistic behavior to avoid your buddies following you into the bear cave). At least thats my hypothesis.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: