Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:36:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you take drugs; or buy them on silk road? Or sell them for that matter?  (Read 10329 times)
schnell (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:01:07 AM

Just for clarification in an article I am writing. I am trying to rid Bitcoin's common misconceptions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nathanghart

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:02:32 AM

Never even thought of it, no.
Stardust

Activity: 189

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:04:47 AM

Nope
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:05:44 AM

negative
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:07:38 AM

Never done drugs. I'm probably addicted to dopamine (judging by how many times I boink my girlfriend in a day) so I think doing drugs for me would probably be a bad idea. It also doesn't make sense to me, as with drinking alcohol or smoking. None of them ever interested me even in the slightest.

As for Silk road, I think any marketplace where you can sell -anything- is rather interesting, but having absolutely no interest in drugs myself makes it seem kind of a waste. Where are the wikileaks style cables we can buy for $20? The hidden videos of CEOs raping their employees, or other interesting stuff people would totally buy? Why drugs?  Roll Eyes

Let's make the internet fun again, not just a mirror of the already boring world of losers.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 06:10:07 AM

I took a tylenol the other day.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:10:45 AM

No, I don't even smoke or drink alcohol.

Yes - seriously.

dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:12:49 AM

Never done drugs. I'm probably addicted to dopamine (judging by how many times I boink my girlfriend in a day) so I think doing drugs for me would probably be a bad idea. It also doesn't make sense to me, as with drinking alcohol or smoking. None of them ever interested me even in the slightest.

As for Silk road, I think any marketplace where you can sell -anything- is rather interesting, but having absolutely no interest in drugs myself makes it seem kind of a waste. Where are the wikileaks style cables we can buy for $20? The hidden videos of CEOs raping their employees, or other interesting stuff people would totally buy? Why drugs?  Roll Eyes

Let's make the internet fun again, not just a mirror of the already boring world of losers.

Although I haven't visited the website in quite a while, last time I checked there was "information" for sale.  It was being talked about at least - example like inside information (IPO,people working for a law firm... ) I am not sure if it was ever followed through.  My luck would be that it was some guy from the FBI doing some undercover bullshit.  Too risky for me anyway.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 06:19:27 AM

Although I haven't visited the website in quite a while, last time I checked there was "information" for sale.  It was being talked about at least - example like inside information (IPO,people working for a law firm... ) I am not sure if it was ever followed through.  My luck would be that it was some guy from the FBI doing some undercover bullshit.  Too risky for me anyway.

Anyone remember Fucked Company?

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
schnell (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:22:45 AM

No off topic please :/ This is meant to prove to the world that bitcoiners are not druggies.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:30:36 AM

Define drugs?

For one to think that anything isn't a drug is getting farther from the truth.
For instance where is the clear distinction between a hotdog(food) and a drug(assuming we are talking about prescription pills, marijuana, psychedelics, bath salts)?
Everything will effect your system in some way.

I googled "Define: drug" and it gave me the following
drug/drəg/
Noun:   
A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

With food you get a physiological effect. In my experience when i eat, I feel wonderful ready for the day
(with out food I feel like crap, i get angry, groggyness, etc)

With some chemicals you feel good, some chemicals you feel bad...

I think my hippy sounding response is your answer....
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:35:37 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2012, 06:52:20 AM by stochastic

Although I haven't visited the website in quite a while, last time I checked there was "information" for sale.  It was being talked about at least - example like inside information (IPO,people working for a law firm... ) I am not sure if it was ever followed through.  My luck would be that it was some guy from the FBI doing some undercover bullshit.  Too risky for me anyway.

No off topic please :/ This is meant to prove to the world that bitcoiners are not druggies.

Because the world really gives a crap if bitcoiners are druggies and your poll will really convince them.

To do a better study, you should try to find how many bitcoins are exchanged through SR.  Find that proportion and then use the DEA's estimation of how large is the illegal narcotics trade is in USD.  Then compare the proportions and see who the real abusers of drugs are.

Taking DMT is on my bucket list... Oops, our brains already make it naturally.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:37:56 AM

No. Drugs are bad in most cases. And even if you argue that POT isn't in and of itself harmful, more often than not the culture behind it is. Just my experience.

Drug culture differs around the world though. For instance Amsterdam where I once had a delightful conversation with a stoned physicist who held tenure at university... true story.

anyway.

I really view SR drug sales as a fad. In any given town or city ANYWHERE in the world it is much, much easier to buy drugs with good old fashion fiat currency from your local dealer at 711  Roll Eyes

The world drug trade in 2005 was worth 320 Billion. That was with a cursory google search. I'm sure its much, much more by now.
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/393/320billion.shtml

Bitcoin's market cap is a mere 50~ million.

That means the total value of the ENTIRE bitcoin economy is worth 0.01536% of what the world drug trade was in 2005.

A tenth of a tenth of a percent.

"bitcoin users are nefarious drug sellers/buyers" Give me a break.

bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:38:50 AM

Never heard about drugs. Whats that?  Shocked

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 07:48:42 AM

Caffeine is classed as a drug, I have a cup of that every day or two Smiley
I guess the topic is more about "illegal" drugs though.
Which raises another topic, what is illegal in one jurisdiction is dealt with differently in another jurisdiction.
For example in Australia: In Western Australia possession of more than 7grams of marijuana can get you a criminal record and jail. In the ACT you get an "on the spot fine" and no criminal record. Laws between countries vary even more. Like death penalty in Indonesia and "medical marijuana " in the USA....

SilkRoad - never visited and having worked as a Postal Delivery Officer..well, I know the risks of illegal purchases never reaching the purchaser (or being closely followed by an officer of the law with a suitable warrant)Smiley

So Bitcoin gets traded for drugs.... oh whoa so does um every fiat currency in the world, as well as other stuff like ... washing powder.
OMG YOU USE WASHING POWDER _ YOU MUST BE DRUGGIE...

So yer, misconceptions, good luck at changing them with this topic Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12908

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 08:45:45 AM

I've never tried any illegal drugs. I consume alcohol, tobacco, and caffiene only a few times per year. I only occasionally drink anything but water.

(I believe that all drugs should be completely legalized, however.)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 08:49:58 AM

This is stupid. Who would boast with their drug use, or boast SELLING drugs, which would get you jail time? Of course we will have only righteous "no, I never have usen drugs" people in this thread Cheesy

wirmola

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 09:21:43 AM

Well... I do support SILK ROAD and other sites alike. I would not buy drugs there, but there is a lot of other interesting stuff which is hard to get at other places..
 And then again, I don't understand this witch hunt of drug users, when alcohol and tobacco are the biggest killers... hundreds of millions(if not billions) of people smoke marijuana or other cannabis products every day without getting ill, hurting other people, die or getting addicted of it..
bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 09:23:35 AM

This is stupid. Who would boast with their drug use, or boast SELLING drugs, which would get you jail time? Of course we will have only righteous "no, I never have usen drugs" people in this thread Cheesy
Exactly!
The feds are watching you!

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 11:07:51 AM

DMT can bring people to a point where they decide whether they want to go insane (stop caring about reality completely) or not, they are unsure of whether they want to cross that line and they have a choice. Perhaps everyone should do it to graduate high school, like a vision quest.

Evidence your brain produces it on purpose is kinda weak (but understudied), however I would believe it. It is basically MAO resistant serotonin and it would make sense to be generated in order to 1) maintain blood pressure during hemorrhaging/etc then 2) calm you so you stop calling for help if you're fucked anyway (altruistic behavior to avoid your buddies following you into the bear cave). At least thats my hypothesis.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 11:43:39 AM

Nope, don't take illegal drugs.

But if I did I wouldn't buy them online. When "waiting on my man" becomes "waiting on my postman" something is clearly wrong, and not just because it would ruin a Lou Reed song.

And on a serious note, there wouldn't be a Silk Road if US drug laws were relaxed even just a little. Prohibition doesn't work. Education does.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
schnell (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 04:20:42 PM

Thanks for all the off-topic replies everyone :/
You know I meant illegal drugs.
Now I can't use this thread for proof.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 04:29:28 PM

LOL at the noob that wants to use a public forum thread as "proof" of anything. Did you want the answers to all be sanitized and cleaned for your viewing pleasure?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 04:39:29 PM

in a past life, maybe..
schnell (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 05:16:48 PM

LOL at the noob that wants to use a public forum thread as "proof" of anything. Did you want the answers to all be sanitized and cleaned for your viewing pleasure?
Oh, you're so funny!
:/
That was sarcasm, btw
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 05:36:09 PM

Proof for what?

If you were smart enough you would find silkroad... get on it and search for yourself....

You want people to come out and say.. I have 1.2 Kilo Marijuand 12 XTC tab's and 40k's of Heroin.. All bought with btc?  Well I don't do drugs..

I smoke reefer Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:12:54 PM

DMT can bring people to a point where they decide whether they want to go insane (stop caring about reality completely) or not, they are unsure of whether they want to cross that line and they have a choice. Perhaps everyone should do it to graduate high school, like a vision quest.

Sound like FUD to me...
schnell (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:14:10 PM

Proof for what?

If you were smart enough you would find silkroad... get on it and search for yourself....

You want people to come out and say.. I have 1.2 Kilo Marijuand 12 XTC tab's and 40k's of Heroin.. All bought with btc?  Well I don't do drugs..

I smoke reefer Smiley
I know how to access silk road, but how exactly does that prove that bitcoiners don't use it?
I am not that stupid.
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 06:34:43 PM

Some do.... Not all.....

lol yeah

Some Bitcoiners(that go to silk road) are druggies, but not all go to silk road..... (Some just use the road Tongue)
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 07:29:29 PM

Silk road sells lots of stuff. Or you can be a vendor of Digital goods.. Useless Digital goods'' Mostly junk you can find yourself anyway.....

Get me a Glock and accidently cap my ass....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
SaintFlow

Activity: 476

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 07:37:37 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2012, 07:48:33 PM by SaintFlow

been on SR and felt like a really cool kid.

never ordered anything. No intention either.
Am generally for a decriminalization. Tax that shit - like any good vice - tax it.
And make those prisons empty.

about dmt - i keep that one in mind if i ever get midlife crisis in 20 years or so Cheesy
and if i am lucky i can spout stuff like
“Human beings are co-partners with deity in the project of being. This is the basis of all magic.”
― Terence McKenna

don't let me make you question your assumptions
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 08:03:57 PM

SR has some neat hard to come by items... You don't have to be a junkie to use the site....

In Canada drug use can not land you in jail. But drug possesion can........ If your caught under the influence its not another charge like in the US of A

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 10:04:44 PM

I think I take a hell of a lot less than most people.

Drugs are recommended by all physicians, and are recommended to have in your investment portfolio by virtually all financial advisors.

They are among the top three businesses in the world. 

Do you know what the top three drugs are by sales and per capita use? 

Yes, they are refined sugar, caffeine, and alcohol.  (I leave out of this list things like atmospheric oxygen which while technically a drug is not often repackaged as such). 

For a category so pervasive and dangerous in modern life it is scary how little you people know about them.   

Do you even know what LD50 means?  This is the basis for understanding the lethal nature of drugs and why they are ALL dangerous.

Do you think there is such thing as a bad drug?  Or are you smart enough to know what the word dosage means? 

Which do you think kill more people, legal or illegal drugs? 

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 10:10:28 PM

Sound like FUD to me...

Sounds like you are chicken.  Don't you want to be cool?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 10:17:15 PM

I don't buy drugs, I don't sell drugs, I don't take drugs unless you count alcohol as a drug, and then I only drink about 2 beers a week average.

If responsible people want to put stuff into their bodies and they have their drug use under control I don't really have a problem with it. I have a problem with anyone making cash out of someone else's addiction. Sadly there is a great big gray area between these two things.

Silk Road is giving BitCoin a bad name, we should be known as the people who gave the world a free money transfer service and put the likes of paypal and western union out of business, not as some conduit of the drug trade.

bb113

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 10:32:16 PM

Sound like FUD to me...

FUD? It was meant as the opposite.
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 10:48:38 PM

Sound like FUD to me...

the whole post seems to be mixed and sort of cryptic.
But reading back at it - I understand what you saying now.

Basically your suggesting,
It could make a person be classified by society as insane but it's your choice to detach from society and be free.

But I didn't understand the graduate high school and vision quest bit.

May be SWIM knows?
bb113

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 12:09:46 AM

Sound like FUD to me...

It could make a person be classified by society as insane but it's your choice to detach from society and be free.

May be SWIM knows?

I think vision quests are a good idea. IMO it is good for people to come face to face with their preconceptions and realize how subjective their opinions/perceptions of reality are before they have responsibility bestowed upon them. "Drugs" aren't the only way to accomplish this but it is possible that some people could use them successfully as tools without any harm done to self or others, and they are relatively cheap compared to travel, etc. There is plenty of research about this, LSD was originally used in counseling before it became a party drug.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 12:14:17 AM

Sound like FUD to me...

May be SWIM knows?

I think vision quests are a good idea. IMO it is good for people to come face to face with their preconceptions and realize how subjective their opinions/perceptions of reality are before they have responsibility bestowed upon them. "Drugs" aren't the only way to accomplish this but it is possible that some people could use them successfully as tools without any harm done to self or others, and they are relatively cheap compared to travel, etc. There is plenty of research about this, LSD was originally used in counseling before it became a party drug.
You should watch http://movies.netflix.com/movie/DMT-The-Spirit-Molecule/70209261

Some of the people's experiences are pretty bizarre.

bb113

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 12:45:46 AM

Just to respond directly to this, I don't think the choice has anything to do with society or liberty. I mean insane as in the person could not survive if that state of mind persists because they become completely oblivious to reality. My understanding is you can either let yourself go over the edge and see if you ever come back, or not.

You should watch http://movies.netflix.com/movie/DMT-The-Spirit-Molecule/70209261

Some of the people's experiences are pretty bizarre.

I'll check it.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 02:15:54 AM

Do you even know what LD50 means?  This is the basis for understanding the lethal nature of drugs and why they are ALL dangerous.

Well, I do. I don't think you do though. LD50 measures the median lethal dose of any substance. It doesn't have to be a drug. Even water has an LD50.

As for the rest of your post, the LD50 of a given drug is only a small part of the danger of mind altering substances. A larger concern is how such substances create permanent or at least long lasting changes to the brain.

That said, I support at least the decriminalisation of illicit drugs and education about their effects. Sending a person to prison for being an addict increases costs to society and provides a temporary benefit only if the addict committed crimes to pay for their addiction.

In the long run prohibition causes no decrease in drug use, a fantastic opportunity for organised crime to profit, and large costs to the state.

AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 02:25:06 AM

Well, I do. I don't think you do though. LD50 measures the median lethal dose of any substance. It doesn't have to be a drug. Even water has an LD50.

As for the rest of your post, the LD50 of a given drug is only a small part of the danger of mind altering substances. A larger concern is how such substances create permanent or at least long lasting changes to the brain.

That said, I support at least the decriminalisation of illicit drugs and education about their effects. Sending a person to prison for being an addict increases costs to society and provides a temporary benefit only if the addict committed crimes to pay for their addiction.

In the long run prohibition causes no decrease in drug use, a fantastic opportunity for organised crime to profit, and large costs to the state.

LD50 gives an average dose of 50% of test subjects... I think this is right... Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 04:36:29 AM

I think I'm slowly becoming addicted to migraine pills, does that count? When I get a migraine I take them then take a nap, and I wake up feeling like a million bucks.
Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 04:42:03 AM

I think I'm slowly becoming addicted to migraine pills, does that count? When I get a migraine I take them then take a nap, and I wake up feeling like a million bucks.
Addict!  You should definitely go to rehab Tongue

repentance

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:10:36 AM

A more interesting question might have been at what point Silk Road and the Bitcoin economy start becoming big enough to be attractive to major cartels like Los Zetas.  In terms of the illicit drug trade overall, Silk Road is a small operation but it certainly has qualities which could eventually see it - or a similar service - operate on a whole different scale than the mid-level dealers and low-level buyers it seems to attract now. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 06:16:51 AM

Also a really good movie that makes you think is called "Enter the void" its generally slow as far as "main stream action goes but the story and camera work is so intense.
sd

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:36:07 AM

LD50 gives an average dose of 50% of test subjects... I think this is right... Smiley

I have no idea if you are trying to be funny or serious.

Lethal Dose 50 - The dose of a thing at which 50% of test subjects die.

hashman
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 02:43:07 PM

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, lethal dose is only the very first concern one should have.  There are certainly others. 

Double yes for decriminalization and education.  Absolutely astounding what passes for "drug education"..    Good luck --   
bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 03:22:56 PM

Everything has a lethal dosis - even chocolate. We should never buy chocolate with bitcoins!

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 03:47:24 PM

Everything has a lethal dosis - even chocolate.
Except love. And also the colour green.

We should never buy chocolate with bitcoins!
I'm looking forward to buying love with bitcoin.

bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 03:59:04 PM

I'm dying for love  Tongue

ludo0777

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 04:23:26 PM

Well... I do support SILK ROAD and other sites alike. I would not buy drugs there, but there is a lot of other interesting stuff which is hard to get at other places..
 And then again, I don't understand this witch hunt of drug users, when alcohol and tobacco are the biggest killers... hundreds of millions(if not billions) of people smoke marijuana or other cannabis products every day without getting ill, hurting other people, die or getting addicted of it..

Problem with this post- "hundreds of millions(if not billions) of people smoke marijuana or other cannabis products every day without getting ill"

This isn't true lol if billions of people smoked it then that would be more than like 20% of the world population or more Roll Eyes
Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 04:51:19 PM

Problem with this post- "hundreds of millions(if not billions) of people smoke marijuana or other cannabis products every day without getting ill"

This isn't true lol if billions of people smoked it then that would be more than like 20% of the world population or more Roll Eyes
Yeah. Definite exageration.

I think it would be accurate if he said, "hundreds of millions(if not billions) of people have smoked marijuana or other cannabis products every day without getting ill"

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 05:59:07 PM

This is meh day -- everyday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRdflPMuNaA
And this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re_nG9Y1xog#t=1m20s
hahahahh
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 06:42:51 PM

Well I would guess 20% of the population smokes Marijuana on a daily basis around here...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 06:45:05 PM

The Silk Road has done a lot for bringing attention to bitcoin and making new bitcoiner's.  I'd never even heard about bitcoin until I read that infamous article last year about The Silk Road where it mentioned bitcoin.  As for drug use yes caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and went to Amsterdam when they still used Guilders  Tongue  Also The Silk Road may be a better way of selling drugs then dealers with guns or drug pushers pushing smack and crack on vulnerable people.   A selection of society are always going to want to use drugs and prohibition with the War on Drugs is obviously failing.  Look at the prohibition of booze in America about a century ago that can arguably be stated as the cause of the formation of major organized crime in the US like the American Mafia!   As for using The Silk Road well I live in area with a big hard drugs problem and cannabis is smoked openly outside pubs and on the streets.  All the pubs put greese on top of toilet seats covers and the mirrors have all be broken of the walls.  So if I wanted to to buy some drugs I'd probably find it easy and quicker just asking one of the local smack/crackheads or a random smoking a spliff  Roll Eyes

AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 06:51:07 PM

Prohibition is pushing people to use dangerous "Legal" Alternatives like "Bath Salts" *yum let's eat me a dude face*

Drug's like MDMA and Cocaine are relatively safe in moderation.. All drug's can be safe in moderation.. Does not make a difference what drug it is.. Be it Booze of Crack if Moderation goes down the toilet.. So does your life.....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
sd

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:22:30 PM

Prohibition is pushing people to use dangerous "Legal" Alternatives like "Bath Salts" *yum let's eat me a dude face*

Drug's like MDMA and Cocaine are relatively safe in moderation.. All drug's can be safe in moderation.. Does not make a difference what drug it is.. Be it Booze of Crack if Moderation goes down the toilet.. So does your life.....

Not all drugs are safe in moderation. Some stuff should never see the outside of a hospital, some other stuff should never be used even for medical uses by trained doctors.

I agree the a lot of drugs that are technically legal are utterly unknown and could do just about anything to the human body.
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 08:06:37 PM

RC's ... Research chemicals.... a lot of these drugs say "not for human consumption" on the package.... and people are taking them....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
repentance

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 08:33:21 PM

RC's ... Research chemicals.... a lot of these drugs say "not for human consumption" on the package.... and people are taking them....

You're also not likely to be able to get RCs from the pot dealer who lives around the corner.  It's typically been a market served by mail order from overseas and Silk Road is well designed for facilitating those kinds of markets.  The fact that many RCs are effective at miniscule doses (the average person won't have scales calibrated finely enough to measure them accurately) also means that people are buying less often than with traditional illicit drugs, further reducing the chance of getting caught.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 08:56:35 PM

FREAKING OUT MAN!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKRxDP--e-Y
Explodicle

Activity: 950

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 09:06:35 PM

Today alone I've already taken three drugs (cannabis, caffeine, alcohol) but in small responsible quantities. In general I'm a huge fan of drugs, they've improved my life immensely.

However, I've never purchased anything off SR. Like many above have said, they just aren't yet competitive with traditional drug dealers. It's good to know they're available if I ever need it though, and I recommend SR for people who want hard-to-find drugs.
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 09:09:42 PM

That's good.. I smoked some good hash and puffed some doobs...

I love coffee... Hate alcohol... I'll take a few Xanax at times for my Alcoholish buZz

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Grix

Activity: 536

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 09:13:29 PM

I do the occasional psychedelic.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 09:21:33 PM

MDMA and Coke are great bang your wife drugs Smiley Smiley Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 12:46:29 AM

Or the neighbor's dog. Or a sofa.

AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 12:47:41 AM

Or the neighbor's dog. Or a sofa.

Well... If you're in to that..... Sure why not.... do you make a pin size hole and fuck it?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
check_status

Activity: 196

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 04:56:12 AM

Drugs are a multi-billion dollar industry. Do you think that my CIA middleman suppliers are going to allow me to make purchases from Silk Road, thus eliminating them. Not in hells chance. Second, it is much easier to hide your pipeline within the multitude of corporate shipments transiting to the US rather than through a single pipeline like the mail services. The bigger the chain of stores receiving drug shipments the easier to hide the pipeline.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 12:46:16 PM

Hurray for drugs Smiley LOL anything that makes the government look incompetent is great with me Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 04:58:05 PM

LOL.. I could have been one of the babies in that pic.....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
sylkyx

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 05:03:50 PM

No, im too boring :0
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 05:13:46 PM

I think I have tried all the drugs, nothing IV ever,, but smoked/injested a lot of different things over the years...

Grade 9/10 highschool was a 2 year acid trip..... banged probably a good % of the females....Smiley I love being me... My drain bamaged a bit but... who cares...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
hashman
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 03:59:54 PM

[...] you will never be able to have a tenth of the fun I had at your age.

Funny thing is they probably think the same thing about you Wink   

Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 05:54:55 PM

I was a teenager in the late 60’s to early 70’s. I have never had unprotected sex with a total stranger, done purple microdot, brown windowpane, magic eight ball, toke, yellow jackets or snow because the government told me that I would die young if I did. Well, they might have been wrong about that. I would never use Silk Road because everything is too easy to score in my neighborhood. I pity today’s youth. Between AIDS and government oppression you will never be able to have a tenth of the fun I had at your age.

Oh, I’ve never been to Lollapalooza or Burning Man either.  Wink

I saw your avatar and thought you were Rarity for a second.  My head about exploded because I thought I had been severely trolled.  That guy wants to bring back alcohol prohibition along with prohibiting any vice that could possibly have any detrimental effect to even just a small group of the population.

AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 06:03:24 PM

Moderation..... If your stupid enough to do anything to much, then well.. you deserve the consequences

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 04:21:47 AM

i do take drugs but have never used silk road, the prices are 4 times what i pay and i am not interested in selling, so yeah... its a nice site though

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
check_status

Activity: 196

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 05:15:53 AM

Yeah, Rarity’s views are pretty extreme. I think most people that are that against anything fun were abused as a child. I don’t mean like their grandfather fucked ‘em up the ass. More like they lived in an authoritarian community that poisoned their mind with decades of Christian brainwashing. 

Things a Satanist might say.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
Explodicle

Activity: 950

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 01:24:42 PM

Yeah, Rarity’s views are pretty extreme. I think most people that are that against anything fun were abused as a child. I don’t mean like their grandfather fucked ‘em up the ass. More like they lived in an authoritarian community that poisoned their mind with decades of Christian brainwashing. 

Things a Satanist might say.

And because Satanists believe it, it must be ______?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 04:07:56 PM

Things a Satanist non Christian or atheist might say.

FTFY

Slaw

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 05:36:58 PM

I use marijuana on a daily basis and trip on shrooms, dmt, RC's from time to time. I haven't ordered anything from silk road yet but I am planning on it. I sell small time to friends if  they need it.
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 05:57:07 PM

i do take drugs but have never used silk road, the prices are 4 times what i pay and i am not interested in selling, so yeah... its a nice site though

Depends what your buying..... Sometimes you get stuff that are not accessible to most....... I rather pay 4 x more for something that is 4 x better quality.

I hate people with a passion, drug dealers ugh.... But being able to deal with a "dealer" online, is a god sent...... Reviews of product, escrow.... None of these things your local dealer offers you..

depends what your in to really.....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 10:17:33 AM

Prices are LOW on sr.

drakahn

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 11:11:46 AM

Prices are LOW on sr.
not for domestic and I wouldn't risk customs

AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 06:05:58 PM

most orders are smell and sent in regular lettermail..... Customs does not have time to search small letters.. only parcels really.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
drakahn

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 10:14:05 PM

most orders are smell and sent in regular lettermail..... Customs does not have time to search small letters.. only parcels really.
... customs has a scanner that sounds off alarms if plant material is detected(Or scanner blocking material), and all incoming mail goes through it

also small orders would be a giant waste of time waiting for international post when dealers are everywhere already and selling cheaper :/

Wnd

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 10:23:31 PM

Never done drugs. I'm probably addicted to dopamine (judging by how many times I boink my girlfriend in a day) so I think doing drugs for me would probably be a bad idea.
Do you even know definition of drug idiot? You can't call dopamine drug.

Also so much blind hate to drugs in this shithole of community.
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 10:33:55 PM

Depends what your ordering.... You can't buy pure MDMA for 25 bucks a gram around here.... In europe, yup...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
pyromaniac

Activity: 639

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 11:47:44 PM

Illegal drugs is a best way  go to jail. Tor is not 100% anonymous, so even don't try!

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 11:55:06 PM

Illegal drugs is a best way  go to jail.

Taking illegal drugs and then attempting to make your way to a jail is just a recipe for disaster. You'll definitely get lost.

No, the best way to go to jail is sober and in a taxi, or a bus if you can't afford a taxi. Most jails have a bus stop. If you do take the bus, remember to bring a timetable along so you know when the afternoon bus home departs.

bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 07:45:55 AM

... customs has a scanner that sounds off alarms if plant material is detected(Or scanner blocking material), and all incoming mail goes through it
...and pigs might fly  Roll Eyes
Thats a myth!

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:15:54 AM

Doesn't most incoming mail consist entirely of plant material (paper) with only trace amounts of non-plant material (ink)? Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
drakahn

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:59:42 AM

Well i haven't seen it anywhere else but TV(non fiction TV) so it could be a load of bull, but I still don't have a reason to try and get around customs when bigger groups of people already have

Specially trained Customs officers interpret the images produced
from an x-ray for any indication of prohibited goods or other
anomalies. If inconsistencies are detected, the item is referred for
further examination.

Customs uses several different types of x-ray machines
depending on the location, size and density of the items to be
inspected. In total, Customs has more than 80 x-ray machines
in use at ports, mail processing facilities and airports around the
country.

Using these machines, Customs can inspect articles of any
size - from entire sea shipping containers, in its container
x-ray machines, through to envelopes and smaller parcels at
international mail centres.

In addition, a fleet of custom-built mobile x-ray vans ensures
that Customs is able to employ x-ray technology wherever it is
required.

also, it failed on gun parts, http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-24/customs-admits-illegal-gun-import-x-ray-blunder/4031190 so it isn't infallible

seems it isn't plant material specifically it picks up, but what illegal things look like through xray that sets off the alarms, so like, a pound of weed will probably set it off, unless you can disguise it as gun parts of course.

AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 10:38:05 AM

Well in Canada taking drugs is not illegal....... You can get High all you want, Just don't buy it or have it on your person Cheesy

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
sylkyx

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 10:47:52 AM

Almost everyone i speak with associates Bitcoins with silkroad, and it does just give them a bad name. Its such a shame.
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 10:53:44 AM

Why is Silkroad so bad? Why not search harder and find pedophile sites that use bitcoin....

People should be able to do what they want with their body.... 

So if you purchased a 10" Dildo for your rectum with bitcoin, is that worse or better then me buying a gram of blow to stick in my nose?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 11:07:57 AM

So if you purchased a 10" Dildo for your rectum with bitcoin, is that worse or better then me buying a gram of blow to stick in my nose?

I think a gram of blow in the rectum vs a 10" dildo for your nose is a much more interesting question.

AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 02:49:59 PM

Hmmm... LOL... silly question.... Blow in the bum works Tongue well the front bum for woman anyway Tongue

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Roger_Murdock

Activity: 342

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 12:33:55 PM

I agree with what you're trying to say.  The drug war DOES make the drugs that people use more dangerous.  It's called the "iron law of prohibition." From wikipedia:

The iron law of prohibition is a term coined by Richard Cowan which states that "the more intense the law enforcement, the more potent the prohibited substance becomes." This is based on the premise that when drugs or alcohol are prohibited, they will be produced only in black markets in their most concentrated and powerful forms. If all alcohol beverages are prohibited, a bootlegger will be more profitable if he smuggles highly potent distilled liquors than if he smuggles the same volume of small beer. In addition, the black-market goods are more likely to be adulterated with unknown or dangerous substances. The government cannot regulate and inspect the production process, and harmed consumers have no recourse in law. Therefore the "law" says that the more you try to enforce prohibition (bigger budgets, larger penalties, etc.) the more potent and dangerous prohibited drugs become.

But the "bath salts turn you into a zombie!!!1!" thing is just typical media sensationalism.  Re: the Miami face-eater, we don't have the results of the toxicology report yet. The "bath salts" / "cocaine" / "new LSD" garbage the mainstream media is spewing out is thus, at this point, complete speculation. (The most recent report I saw says that he had undigested, and as-yet-unidentified pills in his stomach.) And even if it turns out this guy was high on bath salts and that they were a causal factor in his attack, his behavior is pretty clearly the exception. (Or have there been a raft of other face-eating attacks I've missed? I don't watch cable.) And even if "bath salts" DO promote violence in a significant minority of users, how about a little context? The ONE drug that we KNOW is an absolutely MASSIVE contributor to violence is the one we also decided to keep legal. From "Marijuana is Safer":

The U.S. government estimates that alcohol contributes to 25 to 30 percent of all violent crime in America, including 30 percent of homicides and 22.5 percent of sexual assaults. However, the approach federal researchers used to calculate these figures attributes the use of alcohol as a primary cause of violent behavior in only 50 percent of the cases where the perpetrator had been drinking. Yes, you read that correctly. In order to be conservative with their estimates, researchers only consider booze to be a contributing factor in half of the cases in which alcohol was actually involved. This means that in reality alcohol was involved in some manner in 60 percent of homicides and almost half of all sexual assaults.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 12:51:56 PM

One thing Silk Road also does is, make it safer for people who just want to get the experience. It's the nature of intellect to be inquisitive, and this way you don't have to socialize with a group of retards whose only motive is to pull you in and rip you off, just to satisfy some curiosity about your own psyche. This would have the effect of radically decreasing the addiction rates for people who aren't already in such a group.

This is meant to prove to the world that bitcoiners are not druggies.

Ironically, this thread got me interested enough to try SR out. Nothing illegal where I reside of course, in the republic of my body. Roll Eyes

To answer the poll question, I'm not sure if I count as someone who does drugs. I try something every three years or so, because I don't have the time for a new experience so often and drugs isn't the only option. I jumped more times from a cliff than I took psychedelics, and it should be obvious which one is more dangerous if you don't know how to control yourself.
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 01:05:38 PM

I have done my fair share of LSD, MDMA, COke in my younger days. None of these drugs would cause me to act any different other then "horny"

I understand that the face eater dude would probably have some serious mental issues.....

WTF is a druggie? I use once and a while.... I'm getting old I need a boost to party a bit Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
bb113

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 05:49:15 AM

I have done my fair share of LSD, MDMA, COke in my younger days. None of these drugs would cause me to act any different other then "horny"

I understand that the face eater dude would probably have some serious mental issues.....

WTF is a druggie? I use once and a while.... I'm getting old I need a boost to party a bit Smiley

LSD makes you horney? I don't think that was LSD.
bb113

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 05:51:41 AM

I should clarify that the literature reports LSD leads to introspection and basically excessive cognition, which would short circuit the motivation due to more primal drivers such as food, sex, etc.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 05:58:11 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2012, 06:11:01 AM by Kluge

I should clarify that the literature reports LSD leads to introspection and basically excessive cognition, which would short circuit the motivation due to more primal drivers such as food, sex, etc.
I remember eating a head of lettuce and watching the grass dance while wasting my time wondering why I enjoy adverse weather conditions. I was not impressed.

ETA: Oh -- I mean... Satan was dancing around, everything swirled in technicolor, I heard everything in super-tinny 8-bit, and the head of lettuce was actually a baby's arm because once you take acid, you're totally unable to distinguish reality from your imaginings. I entered an enormous cartoon gate to come to terms with childhood trauma in the form of my stepmother placing me in an iron maiden. While trying to get out of the iron maiden, and in an attempt to kill the purple bugs crawling out of my skin, I jumped off a skyscraper and died. Lesson: don't do drugs because they're way too cool.
drakahn

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:20:06 AM

lol, I had the motivation(once at least), just not the coordination... nothing was as it should have been and after a while it fell into a laughing naked mess...

bb113

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:24:26 AM

lol, I had the motivation(once at least), just not the coordination... nothing was as it should have been and after a while it fell into a laughing naked mess... until we started eating rocks to see what it was like

LSD is dangerous.
drakahn

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:27:56 AM

lol, I had the motivation(once at least), just not the coordination... nothing was as it should have been and after a while it fell into a laughing naked mess... until we started eating rocks to see what it was like

LSD is dangerous.
The most dangerous thing I did was cross the street...

bb113

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:30:43 AM

LSD is dangerous.

To eat those tastier-looking rocks on the other side no doubt.
drakahn

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:41:12 AM

LSD is dangerous.

To eat those tastier-looking rocks on the other side no doubt.
at first i was like

but then i
'd

bb113

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:56:37 AM

See? And now you know. It's not just BS your parents taught you. Just don't eat rocks. No good has ever come of it.
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 01:15:47 PM

Your probably right.... I have not done LSD in over 15 years...... But Coke and MDMA i have done in the past year.... So i probably remember doing the last two Tongue

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄