Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:44:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Cryptomine.io - Jan Campaign  (Read 31956 times)
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:15:54 AM

You aren't going to use escrow?

I am the campaign manager/escrow. I have already received the funds (check 2nd post of this thread).
Some were uneasy with me holding the funds; well at this point I already hold the funds so if I were to run, I would not be putting in the effort to manage this campaign.

Hi Carra23,

Just to refute your point...
An escrow is supposed to be a trusted third party. In this case, even if you do hold the funds, people cannot be sure that you are not connected to Cryptomine.io. So if you chose to run with the money, you gain nothing but lose out on advertising. If you chose to run this campaign and then not pay out at the end, you get free advertising and you get to retain your money.

This is not personal, but just for argument's sake.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lolled

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:47:56 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 02:02:42 AM by lolled

You aren't going to use escrow?

I am the campaign manager/escrow. I have already received the funds (check 2nd post of this thread).
Some were uneasy with me holding the funds; well at this point I already hold the funds so if I were to run, I would not be putting in the effort to manage this campaign.

Hi Carra23,

Just to refute your point...
An escrow is supposed to be a trusted third party. In this case, even if you do hold the funds, people cannot be sure that you are not connected to Cryptomine.io. So if you chose to run with the money, you gain nothing but lose out on advertising. If you chose to run this campaign and then not pay out at the end, you get free advertising and you get to retain your money.

This is not personal, but just for argument's sake.

Again I say this, this campaign will fail without an escrow. At the end of the month, the cloud mining site will say that Carra23 ran away with the funds, where in reality it is their own account. So they get free advertising.

You can update as soon as you add the signature. So you get more time to complete the 50 posts.

If I get enough participants doubting the funds, I will get some other escrow. To me it looks redundant as if I can be trusted to hand back the amount, I can be trusted to pay out; but nevertheless I would not want this to cause participants worry.

No plans now unless Eric decides later to put more funds in. The amount I have now covers all the payment if the maximum is hit.

However I just read this and all of you should request another escrow
. Carra23 is simply a Hero member, with no past trust. A Hero account can be bought for less than a bitcoin, and thats what Cryptomine could be doing. The end blame will be put on Carra, and the cloudmining site will get away.

Carra23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:00:15 AM

Hi Carra23, post count will start from Monday, 1st of December right?

It will start as soon as somebody puts a signature in. So somebody can start ahead of Dec 1st and their counter will start.
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:08:08 AM

Is this still available? Any slots left?
yenzae0215

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:08:17 AM

should have used well known and very trusted member as an escrow

Banned**
BAGOBO
Legendary

Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:12:16 AM

However I just read this and all of you should request another escrow[/b]. Carra23 is simply a Hero member, with no past trust. A Hero account can be bought for less than a bitcoin, and thats what Cryptomine could be doing. The end blame will be put on Carra, and the cloudmining site will get away.

Yes..very good point.
I just don't understand, why they choose Carra23

There are so many member with green trust that able to handle the campaign
For me, This sound very fishy.

But time will tell if this campaign is legit or not

GOod luck for all and prepare for the worst  Grin
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:26:44 AM

However I just read this and all of you should request another escrow[/b]. Carra23 is simply a Hero member, with no past trust. A Hero account can be bought for less than a bitcoin, and thats what Cryptomine could be doing. The end blame will be put on Carra, and the cloudmining site will get away.

Yes..very good point.

Well I have mentioned this in the other thread as well, there is definitely a risk here. The only way the risk can be minimized is to either payout weekly, or to let another trusted escrow member to hold atleast half the funds of the campaign, so atleast half the payout is done.
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:37:07 AM

So this campaign isn't legit from what I'm reading/seeing?
aronnov

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:44:57 AM

I would like to join!

Username: aronnov
Activity: 70
Address: 1E1rthqiYHtsmYu3cLBWefa6jWhBAFDLYv

confirm me please ...  Grin
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 02:47:03 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 02:58:13 AM by Zich

I would like to join!

Username: aronnov
Activity: 70
Address: 1E1rthqiYHtsmYu3cLBWefa6jWhBAFDLYv

confirm me please ...  Grin

Sorry dude, as you can see  on the title, it's closed already.

Maybe you are confused with the OP(honestly i am too), i believe that not available spot but needed signature

Spots Available:
Members: 10
Full Members: 10
Senior Members: 7
Hero/Legendary Members: 6

Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 02:55:06 AM

Hi Carra23, post count will start from Monday, 1st of December right?

It will start as soon as somebody puts a signature in. So somebody can start ahead of Dec 1st and their counter will start.

Nice, 3 days ahead  Grin
ligeros

Activity: 182

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:20:55 AM

Yes..very good point.

Well I have mentioned this in the other thread as well, there is definitely a risk here. The only way the risk can be minimized is to either payout weekly, or to let another trusted escrow member to hold atleast half the funds of the campaign, so atleast half the payout is done.

You are absolutely right. Here is quote from overview campaigns tread

Cryptomine.io (Thread)
Payment period: Monthly
Minimum posts: 50, however if you post an additional 50 you will receive an additional payment
Payments: H/L: .2 for the 1st 50 posts, .15 for the next 50 posts, S: .15 for the 1st 50 posts .125 for the next 50 posts, F: .125 for the 1st 50 posts, .1 for the next 50 posts, M: .075 for 50 posts 
Escrow: No. They have a signed message from an address that contains ~7 BTC however it appears to be controlled by someone with zero trust. IMO users will not receive payment.
Miscellaneous: Currently closed for new participants. The campaign will start Dec 1 and run through Dec 30. Limited to 10 members, 10 full members, 7 senior members and 6 Hero/Legendary members. They picked participants in a non-transparent way (very sketchy). Users will be disqualified if the majority of posts are made "in a few days" or in "one section" (he later clarified that the only applies to off topic posts). Participants have a low chance of receiving payment. 

I 've just seen , I was offered to make the escrow for  the campaign (free) but they didn't want  that .  However good luck guys Wink.

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 06:07:50 AM

Thank you for accepting me into this signature program, i now have a Cryptomine.io account.

Cryptomine.io / Bitcointalk Username: Bitkilo
Activity: 238
BTC Address: 1Jw3BsTF835BKToohiC5yJn6pJNL81vFY9

Please let me know if i have left any information out that you need.

allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:26:38 AM

Payment for this campaign is good. But I'm not in. A bit late.
But when seeing the escrow provider for this campaign and the higher rates lead me to think there is something fishy in this.
An escrow means a party who is trusted by the first part and the second party.
But here the OP alone trust the current escrow provider and for the others this escrow provider is an untrustworthy member.
Status of the member doesn't have any meaning, trust rating with comments have some.
So, this campaign should be considered as a non-escrowed signature campaign.
So, I request OP to change the escrow provider!
Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:54:16 AM

Payment for this campaign is good. But I'm not in. A bit late.
But when seeing the escrow provider for this campaign and the higher rates lead me to think there is something fishy in this.
An escrow means a party who is trusted by the first part and the second party.
But here the OP alone trust the current escrow provider and for the others this escrow provider is an untrustworthy member.
Status of the member doesn't have any meaning, trust rating with comments have some.
So, this campaign should be considered as a non-escrowed signature campaign.
So, I request OP to change the escrow provider!

Even though that is how some of us operate, it need not be so.

OP does not operate the site. So, there is no issue.
The site operator is different from the escrow. That is all that matters. Signature manager is just an additional job given tot the latter. (ie. escrow.)
sherbyspark

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:01:04 AM

The site operator is different from the escrow. That is all that matters. Signature manager is just an additional job given tot the latter. (ie. escrow.)

That is something nobody knows. I gave an example of one-dice on the other thread. The account which launched it, was bought and had positive trust, but no one was aware at first, until some of the members who knew the original account owner mentioned about it.The account had been sold and was bought by the guy who started one-dice through that account. It could very well be a similar case in this situation. Even if Carra's account maynot be bought, he might very well be the guy the launching the site. He might also have nothing to do with the site, but simply an honest guy, but its a signature campaign holding around 7 BTC. Escrows are people used who are trusted. People currently don't trust Carra, which is why they are requesting a new escrow.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:22:34 AM

I have never seen Carra as an escrow. So, I can understand the distrust.

But, that means I can never be an escrow too. Sad
The field is already dominated by the existing escrows. No new entrants preferred. Sad
sherbyspark

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:33:11 AM

I have never seen Carra as an escrow. So, I can understand the distrust.

But, that means I can never be an escrow too. Sad
The field is already dominated by the existing escrows. No new entrants preferred. Sad

New entrants are definitely fine Smiley But no one gives a new entrant 7 BTC to hold, without him being an established escrow.
Anyways, I am done posting here, I am not part of it, so I am going to stay out.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:42:19 AM

I told to carra23 and also to the owner of the site  : I can make as escrow for free.

At the end carra23 replied me " this is not necessary an escrow I will make it"  and he added "if it is necessary I will search another trusted escrow and not you ".

However I think I'm trusted check my thread  and all my feedbacks.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:47:40 AM

That is something nobody knows. I gave an example of one-dice on the other thread. The account which launched it, was bought and had positive trust, but no one was aware at first, until some of the members who knew the original account owner mentioned about it.The account had been sold and was bought by the guy who started one-dice through that account. It could very well be a similar case in this situation. Even if Carra's account maynot be bought, he might very well be the guy the launching the site. He might also have nothing to do with the site, but simply an honest guy, but its a signature campaign holding around 7 BTC. Escrows are people used who are trusted. People currently don't trust Carra, which is why they are requesting a new escrow.

Signature Manager and Escrow Provider are two different things and two different people should handle them.
Both need to be trustworthy. But here the situation is very different.
Carra as a new entrant can be a Signature Campaign Manager but not an escrower.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: