Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:47:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cops immediately shot a 12 year old holding a toy gun without warning.  (Read 6159 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 03:08:27 PM

Hey, calm down.  I'm just saying that in the survelliance video, the gun looks WHITE.  From that I conclude that it was some color other than gray or black.

Please tell me this isn't going to devolve into an argument about whether the gun was white or black.
Candystripes

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 09:49:45 PM

Innocent until proven guilty, right? Cops need to learn to keep their guns in their holsters until they see the kid shoot somebody.

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:37:15 AM

Ohio is actually an open carry state so this case will be interesting. Did the cop know Ohio was open carry or was he just massively incompetent? In an open carry state I'd imagine they first try and give the suspect a chance to surrender or put down their weapon. This 12 year old kid didn't stand a chance. He was just shot in the head right then and there.

Warning: video is pretty brutal to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8qNUWekWE

That was pretty shocking, they gave no chance, there was no other people around in danger, the "suspect" was not moving fast.

If you are in to legalized mass murder just become a policeman in USA it seems.

That literally summarized what happened
Just drove the car right up to him Bam Headshot ....  
I'm more concerned that they didn't bother to assess the situation and just recklessly went in like that I wonder if they even read the police manual on how to avoid getting hit by a potential person with a weapon.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 08:13:31 AM

Assuming this is not premeditated murder, there is no justification whatsoever for outrage/anger here as it is neither the kid's nor the officers' fault. It's simple natural death that outwardly appear unfair. Given all the variables at play, it is inevitable that mishaps like this will happen from time to time without being backed by hate, rage or any other emotions. Looking for a solution to this 'problem' at a superficial level will always fail but then the actual root of the 'problem' lies at a depth that neither the victim's family/enforcer nor the 'powers that be' are willing to explore.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 08:27:30 AM

This is a very sad story, i don't like to comment on things that i dont do a bit of research on first but everything i have heard so far sounds like murder or at least manslauter in this case.
A 12 year old boy with a gun, real or not cops should know how to deal with that situation without shooting first.
Cops have a very hard job to do but this paticular cop should lose his job and face charges.
If a cop kicks in your door at 3am with masks and guns shouting and then you shoot one dead you would probably be on death row no questions asked.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 08:06:10 PM

Innocent until proven guilty, right? Cops need to learn to keep their guns in their holsters until they see the kid shoot somebody.

An LEO's job is to protect the public, not avenge them.  Brandishing a weapon is close enough to actual shooting to justify a kinetic response.

"Innocent" vs "guilty" has nothing to do with this.  A cop responding to a call about an armed and dangerous individual is not a court of law. 

If you don't understand the diff between a trial and a police response to an emergency, you need to learn to keep your mouth shut until you get a few dozen more clues.

Of course you assume the cop is guilty until proven innocent, because you are a hypocrite.

How stupid and completely unfit for survival must one be to not understand that [point gun at cop] = [Bam headshot]?

It's the parents' fault their kid got a Darwin Award, not the poor cop who has to live with his actions (however justifiable they were). 

Where were the parents when this child learned to act like a thug/bully and modified a BB gun to look real, then used it to terrorize other people?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
meowball

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:35:49 PM

Did Li'l Zé from "City of God" teach anyone anything?  Wink
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:05:36 AM

Remember, when they call a grand jury to determine if the cops should go to trial, it isn't a lawful grand jury. It may be a legal grand jury, but it isn't lawful. Grand juries are composed of less than 25 people. Original law requires 25.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Joca97
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1023

Signature spot available for rent!

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:47:20 PM

well cops are idiots

cant belive they shot a 12 year old kid who had a toy gun

they are pretty stupid...those people should go to jail!!!
stevegreer
Legendary

Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:19:38 PM

well cops are idiots

Did you bother to even read any of the articles about this? Did you not see the picture of the gun? There was no way anyone would have been able to tell at first glance that it was only a BB gun (IT WASN'T A TOY!!)

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 10:44:58 PM

well cops are idiots

Did you bother to even read any of the articles about this? Did you not see the picture of the gun? There was no way anyone would have been able to tell at first glance that it was only a BB gun (IT WASN'T A TOY!!)

The cop was bravely risking his own life to protect the public.

Joca97 is pretty stupid.  That idiot should be sent to Somalia or some other place with no cops, to see how nice true anarchy is.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
stevegreer
Legendary

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:23:33 PM

Joca97 is pretty stupid.  That idiot should be sent to Somalia or some other place with no cops, to see how nice true anarchy is.

Agreed. It truly disgusts me how quickly people rush to condemn cops for doing their jobs. The sheer number of people going out of their way to post videos of themselves disrespecting cops is disturbing. I wonder how many of them would actually thank a cop for putting themselves in harm's way to rush in to save them in a life-threatening situation? I'm sure those very same people who condemn the cops would be real quick to call them for help if their home was broken into or if some thug tried to rape or rob them.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:49:54 PM

well cops are idiots

Huh

I see him as panicking, then reflexively shooting.  Based on his physical movements.

I see no bravery, and no tactical awareness of concealment or cover.

What you call bravery can be translated into stupidity.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:05:39 AM

Hey, calm down.  I'm just saying that in the survelliance video, the gun looks WHITE.  From that I conclude that it was some color other than gray or black.

Please tell me this isn't going to devolve into an argument about whether the gun was white or black.
That's a pretty good joke, actually.

But what I'm afraid I am hinting at is that the bb gun presented as evidence does not look like what is shown on the survelliance video.  I'm serious about this.  On the IR camera presenting black and white, most colors are translated to near white.

A black gun isn't.  Check the video and see what you think.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 12:23:23 AM

This is a very sad story, i don't like to comment on things that i dont do a bit of research on first but everything i have heard so far sounds like murder or at least manslauter in this case.
A 12 year old boy with a gun, real or not cops should know how to deal with that situation without shooting first.
Cops have a very hard job to do but this paticular cop should lose his job and face charges.
If a cop kicks in your door at 3am with masks and guns shouting and then you shoot one dead you would probably be on death row no questions asked.

Exactly. Everyone else has consequences for their actions, accident or not. Being police grants them no special rights. The kid may have potentially pointed the gun at other people, but I didn't see him point it at the cop. The dispatcher even warned that it may be fake. While if he actually pointed it directly at the cop I might be inclined to see this as a grey area. However it appeared to me the child was simply HOLDING what appeared to be a gun. Holding a gun is NOT A CRIME, no matter how afraid the police are of getting shot. While police commonly get away with shooting like this and call it "justifiable" because it was an accident, does NOT mean his actions were not criminal.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 12:40:25 AM

well cops are idiots

Joca97 is pretty stupid.  That idiot should be sent to Somalia or some other place with no cops, to see how nice true anarchy is.

Take your rejection of reality/substituting your own, and shove it up your ass.
Somalia has police http://www.police.somaligov.net
Somalia has government http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-14094503 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Government_of_Somalia

"True anarchy"? Fuck you, and fuck your beloved governments that AFAIK, block all "true anarchy", worldwide.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 04:19:37 AM

Somalia has government http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-14094503 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Government_of_Somalia

"True anarchy"? Fuck you, and fuck your beloved governments that AFAIK, block all "true anarchy", worldwide.

Trolling anarchists with Somalia is even easier than libertarians with roads.   Grin

With representatives as hostile, thin-skinned, and defensive as yourself, no wonder it's such an unpopular idea.

Can we agree that the police in Somalia will kill you for brandishing weapons at people, just like anywhere else?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
koshgel
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:21:19 AM

Cops have no accountability right now. They feel invulnerable because of the strong police union. I hope the ordinance passes which requires all officers to where cameras on their uniforms.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 04:36:45 AM

Trolling anarchists with Somalia is even easier than libertarians with roads.   Grin

With representatives as hostile, thin-skinned, and defensive as yourself, no wonder it's such an unpopular idea.

Can we agree that the police in Somalia will kill you for brandishing weapons at people, just like anywhere else?

Roll Eyes

Do you see the words "Anarchist Representative" anywhere on my clothes?

Can I agree that the police in every jurisdiction worldwide will kill you for having the means to defend yourself (or them alleging the same no matter what was in your hand, including air itself) when you were not aggressing upon anyone, and get away with it, no matter how crystal clear and full of context the video is? Yes.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
dogmannn

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:48:17 PM

oh well... one less black ape to turn the city into a ghetto.  Cops did the right thing to put him to sleep.

I cherish moments like this.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: