Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:45:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFloor.com Rocks!  (Read 17531 times)
shtylman

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 07:52:59 AM

Would also love to see the ability to redeem MtGox codes but I doubt that will happen.

This will not be happening for the reasons described above. We must be able to control all of our cashflow to ensure timely withdrawals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
genuise

Activity: 379

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 11:18:58 AM

Hi, can you give some details about limits for international wire transfer withdrawal?

how it is done, what is the sequence of actions?

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 11:24:10 AM

the second you can do SEPA next-day i will be there.
Fray

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 10:53:45 PM

I like this site also, but volume sure is low.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 06:57:35 PM

So this works SO WELL it isn't even funny.

I made my deposit with almost no incident* (see below) by the time I got back to my office (not even 10 mins, it is close) my BF account was already credited!

THANK YOU SOO MUCH BITFLOOR!!!!

*FYI:  The teller processed my deposit slip and told me that she would need a 'new client deposit approval' which was apparently just a trip back to her manager which gave her verbal approval.  I deposited less than $100 so I thought that was strange anyway.
Thought I would cross post this for those who were not aware ^^^

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 09:34:20 PM

Out of curiosity, why not?

Lets think this logically (not I wish x would happen because it helps me personally).

Why would someone use a MtGox code?  Why not just cash out from MtGox?

Someone will deposit a MtGox code because there is a long delay @ MtGox.  

If someone could cash out from MtGox with a 21 day delay or cash out from Bitfloor with a 0 day delay which would they pick?  

So you would see a huge influx of semi-worthless Gox codes.  Now when those users deposit a Gox code and attempt to cash out on Bitfloor where does the cash come from?  It is still on MtGox so the operator has to cash out from MtGox wait 21 days for it to get to his bank account and then pay users.     Quickly the cashouts will exceed cash on hand and delay for cashing out will go from 0 days to 21 days.   MtGox can then push shtylman's cashout requests to the back burners (oops this request took 28 days, that one too 32 days).   That would disrupt his cashflow probably fatally.  When Bitfloor no longer has fast cashouts it will die.  

Makes perfect sense.  I was thinking about it just from my perspective where I would most likely be adding $$ with Gox codes and either withdrawing back again as Gox codes or withdrawing coins.

I'm doing arbitrage, so my money never really leaves the exchanges, just moves from one exchange to another.
Murdaversa

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 09:37:51 PM

i love BITFLOOR! i made my first transaction there today!! sold 10 btc and requested an ACH transfer.... it couldnt be seamlessly easier!! THANKS BITFLOOR!!!
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 06:06:26 PM

So far so good. It's nice to walk into chase, deposit cash, and have my money in the account before i even get home. Used most of the features except withdrawl, and they work great. Hope more people start using this site. It could use the volume.
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 06:09:53 PM

I can say that the Wells Fargo deposit works great for me. Haven't done withdrawal, but that's mostly cause I'm pretty long on BTC and prefer to avoid giving out my ID if possible. I'll give it when I feel like selling some, but that might be awhile.

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 07:01:57 PM

I can say that the Wells Fargo deposit works great for me. Haven't done withdrawal, but that's mostly cause I'm pretty long on BTC and prefer to avoid giving out my ID if possible. I'll give it when I feel like selling some, but that might be awhile.

-bgc

Same here... I have done a couple of deposits @ WF now and I am loving BF.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:39:07 PM

Speaking of ID... Can someone from Bitfloor say something about what information they need the ID for, what they do with that information, and how they store that information?  Thanks
shtylman

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 10:26:01 PM

Speaking of ID... Can someone from Bitfloor say something about what information they need the ID for, what they do with that information, and how they store that information?  Thanks

In the event of an ACH dispute or other transaction issue with the receiving bank, we need to know who owns the account where the funds are going. It is important that the ID and name on file match what your bank expects.

We do not store your ID on our servers. It is kept in offline storage as a record if needed. We certainly don't give this information out to any third party and only use it to make sure your transactions go smoothly. The entire point of us handling the ACH process ourselves is to make it quick and also avoid exposing your data to third parties.
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:34:04 AM

Would it be possible to provide full order book via api? Currently it looks like this:
http://btccharts.com/#m=bitfloor-BTC-USD
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:33:07 PM

Would it be possible to provide full order book via api? Currently it looks like this:

My understanding is that there are two APIs already, one with the full order book and one with the narrow order book. I think btccharts.com is just using the wrong one.

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:40:12 PM

It would be nice if the orderbook on the website had a bit more depth. 20-30 spaces instead of 10 would be great.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 10:25:11 PM

I use Clark Moody's display of their orderbook: http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/bitfloor/
shtylman

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 07:16:34 AM

I will look at expanding the number of returned levels (currently 50 on each side). It is doubtful that the full book will ever be provided since information about trades at prices of 1$ or 2000$ and such is not relevant to current market conditions. The goal of the REST API book is to provide information about the current relevant conditions.

If you want the entire stream as the data comes in, you can use the websocket API which has no restrictions but is more complex to use.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 07:57:41 AM

I will look at expanding the number of returned levels (currently 50 on each side). It is doubtful that the full book will ever be provided since information about trades at prices of 1$ or 2000$ and such is not relevant to current market conditions. The goal of the REST API book is to provide information about the current relevant conditions.

If you want the entire stream as the data comes in, you can use the websocket API which has no restrictions but is more complex to use.

Umm how exactly is this not relevant as it provides information on the overall liquidity of the exchange.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
genuise

Activity: 379

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 11:57:12 AM

Hey, I also can agree that this info is relevant for calculateing composite orderbook volume  and for comparison with other axchanges orderbooks volumes.

We use it on our bitcoin-analytics.com service to calculate different bid/ask prices depending on BTC volume 10,100,1000, 10000, 100000.

I am surprized that your api do not provide full orderbook, especially that this was not explicitly stated anywhere Sad

Is it possible to provide full orderbook mode?

shtylman

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 01:12:33 PM

I am surprized that your api do not provide full orderbook, especially that this was not explicitly stated anywhere Sad

From the docs:
"The L2 book shows the top 50 levels for each side. Each side is a list of the levels with bids being sorted from highest price to lowest and asks from lowest to highest. This makes the first element of the bid and ask side equivalent to the L1 book bid and ask."

I will look at expanding the REST order book levels. If you want a more detailed picture, use the websocket API for the streaming data.

Prices at 1$ and 2000$ are nowhere near relevant for current market activity. What do you glean from knowing that someone wants 0.01 BTC at 1$?. In some cases (equity exchanges, etc) trading wil leven halt if the price of the market moves too dramatically over a given timeframe.

I will look at expending the levels as I previously mentioned, but it will continue to be the inside book for some N levels. A full book may be available via REST in the future with some limited query requirements to make it clear that it should not be continuously polled. Users who want up to date info are strongly encouraged to use the streaming API and maintain their order book state. All of the above are advanced uses which target only a small faction of our user base.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: