Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:12:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Open Source pooled mining platform with web interface  (Read 18786 times)
darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 11:44:50 AM

This sounds like a very interesting project, I'll definitely do it.
I'll post my conditions, requirements and a brief RFC tomorrow before going to meet with gavin and some fellow bitcoiners in Paris.

I'll add a $100 USD pledge to this project.

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:00:42 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2011, 04:01:57 AM by error

Hello all.

I spent some time investigating whether to start a mining pool myself, and I decided it would likely be too much trouble for my own personal circumstances to run a public pool. However, it doesn't seem to be too much trouble to develop the software. So I intend to claim these bounties. Smiley Look for an update from me in a few days.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2011, 01:05:03 PM

Very interesting aim, thanks to everybody contributing, and primarly to Jeff for doing the first, big, step.

I'm interested in the details of DDOS that most of the pools got, are they available?

I would like to understand which kind of attack they had to face, and what a "anti ddos service" means exactly.

TIA

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:23:33 PM

I might be up for the task of creating an open source web-frontend for pushpool.

Kind regards
Kris
CubedRoot

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:53:32 PM

I am keeping an eye on this.  I run my own co-located server and I would love to have a pool setup on it, just for my own rigs Smiley 
A good friend of mine is a damn good PHP web dev, and I dropped a few links to him to see if hes interested.
freeborn

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:58:54 PM

I'm interested in the details of DDOS that most of the pools got, are they available?

I would like to understand which kind of attack they had to face, and what a "anti ddos service" means exactly.

looking at the configuration file for pushpool and it seems as though one can specify many proxy addresses.  Something like this could be used to thwart ddos... to a certain extent.

freeborn

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 05:16:41 PM

I'll add a $100 USD pledge to this project.

so 100 / 7ish = 14ishBTC

so.. new bounty is

144ishBTC
darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 07:15:54 AM

so 100 / 7ish = 14ishBTC

so.. new bounty is

144ishBTC

I'll be paying in USD though so don't count it as BTC =)

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
redditorrex

Activity: 280

Nom Nom Nom

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2011, 07:46:58 PM

After Building MtRed and the New Eu.MtRed (Which is like an anonymous pool design, and the test bed for my hacked up version of pushpool) I feel somewhat familir with the pushpool code base, and have been PHP certified for almost 10 years (next October) now.

I've started fixing pushpool in my github fork over here https://github.com/MtRed/pushpool

http://MtRed.com uses stock pushpool/ with mysql loging/ and bash scripts + php to manage it /
http://Eu.MtRed.com uses my pushpool tree / with sqlloging + memcached stats & scores system / + bash & php

I could wrap an installer around either of my pools and release it. In fact I would like too just for the fact I think we need more pools. And it should be easier than it is to setup.

I'm willing to split the bounty with any other developers, considering its to be an OS package.

If someone has a complete feature list, or if we could start one? Maybe I should start a thread?

Let me know, thanks

RR

Reddit Mining Team - MtRed.com = Pure PPS + #00GH/s + LP(+) + AutoPay&InstaPay + Audio Notifications
Find us in #mtred @ irc.freenode.net
error

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 08:32:00 PM

That would certainly save me a lot of time I don't have. Smiley

freeborn

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 01:32:27 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2011, 01:42:42 AM by freeborn

If someone has a complete feature list, or if we could start one? Maybe I should start a thread?

Let me know, thanks

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8760.msg139588#msg139588   < I posted some initial ideas there.

Im very interested in your alternative pool as well as pushpool.  

Anonymous pools sound cool too.  How would miners receive payouts with this?  

thanks for the great work so far!

EDIT: WOW just checked out http://eu.mtred.com/  that looks really cool.  I am very interested in this.  it would be great if the pool operator could set a tax percentage of payouts in the config.
metonymous

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:00:46 AM

Question for the donors, re: clarification of pool type required for bounty
  • Public pool with registration/signup automated payouts(i.e. deepbit, eligius, continuum)
  • Private pool with administrative interface (with or without automated payouts)

Specifically, would a front end for pushpool which had share tracking per miner & miner management, or is there an expectation that automated payouts be part of the system. Is there an expectation also that users be able to manage their workers (would require user management, username/password, create/delete/forgotten password, email notification etc. etc. etc. etc.)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 12:24:41 PM

What I'm offering to create : A web interface to the stock pushpool implementation with the following

Features :
 * User account management e-mail confirmation, password reset etc., strong password encryption (bcrypt)
 * Worker management,
 * Admin user profile with access to a full fledged admin interface,
 * Optional automated payouts with payment threshold,
 * Optional fee,
 * Web app sitting on the same MySQL DB as pushpool,
 * Share or score based calculation (I'd vote for score)
 * Graphing (to be digged a bit more : what charts exactly? I'll include in the bounty anything that's easily pullable from the DB)
 * Out of the box internationalization (abillity to easily translate the app in another language),
 * Full localization in french and english,
 * API methods (public and private) if it's useful
 * Easily replacable stylesheet -> easily skinnable,
 * Open source MIT license
 * Strong automated test suite
 * 3 months bugfixing (shouldn't be necessary Cheesy)

Extra :
 * Hosting on a strong dedicated server for testing and continuous feedback

My experience :
 * https://bitcoin-central.net
 * 10 years web developement

My conditions :
 * Bounty is to be pre-paid (or escrowed through clearcoin or some reputable bitcoiner)
 * If someone completes the feature list before I do he/she gets the bounty (I send it to the person, or clearcoin/reputable bitcoiner does)
 * First usable version in a week

If you feel I forgot features, feel free to comment. Work will start as soon as the bounty is sent/escrowed

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:37:06 PM

The list looks good to me davout.  Does this mean you will accept the current bounty as being sufficient for the project?

If the people offering the bounties could chime in with what they would feel comfortable doing with the funds, that would be great.  The options are:
- Send it directly to davout
- Send it to a 3rd party escrow service.  I do not believe clearcoin would work, since they have a time limit on release of funds, but perhaps there is a similar site with no time limit or a very long time limit?
- I will volunteer to hold the funds, but understand if davout or the funders do not want that.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 05:38:10 PM

What I'm offering to create : A web interface to the stock pushpool implementation with the following

Features :
 * User account management e-mail confirmation, password reset etc., strong password encryption (bcrypt)
 * Worker management,
 * Admin user profile with access to a full fledged admin interface,
 * Optional automated payouts with payment threshold,
 * Optional fee,
 * Web app sitting on the same MySQL DB as pushpool,
 * Share or score based calculation (I'd vote for score)
 * Graphing (to be digged a bit more : what charts exactly? I'll include in the bounty anything that's easily pullable from the DB)
 * Out of the box internationalization (abillity to easily translate the app in another language),
 * Full localization in french and english,
 * API methods (public and private) if it's useful
 * Easily replacable stylesheet -> easily skinnable,
 * Open source MIT license
 * Strong automated test suite
 * 3 months bugfixing (shouldn't be necessary Cheesy)

Extra :
 * Hosting on a strong dedicated server for testing and continuous feedback

My experience :
 * https://bitcoin-central.net
 * 10 years web developement

My conditions :
 * Bounty is to be pre-paid (or escrowed through clearcoin or some reputable bitcoiner)
 * If someone completes the feature list before I do he/she gets the bounty (I send it to the person, or clearcoin/reputable bitcoiner does)
 * First usable version in a week

If you feel I forgot features, feel free to comment. Work will start as soon as the bounty is sent/escrowed

I like the idea of someone holding the bitcoins in escrow is a reputable bitcoiner. Wink

You sound like you know what your doing may be we can collaborate as I'm having troubles finishing my PHP front-end to Pushpool such as,
* How can you alert the system that a block has been found? (So the balance can be distributed).
* Every block solved needs 120 confirms before they can be sent out, how do you go about tracking how many confirmations there is for the reward.
-My front end is programmed in PHP-MySql-Apache2
I'm using bitcoin-php. Any ideas?
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 06:09:15 PM

The list looks good to me davout.  Does this mean you will accept the current bounty as being sufficient for the project?
yep

- Send it directly to davout
I approve of this

- I will volunteer to hold the funds, but understand if davout or the funders do not want that.
This is fine too, just put an address up, once it reaches 130 BTC I'll publish the git repo.

I like the idea of someone holding the bitcoins in escrow is a reputable bitcoiner. Wink
Like me ? Cheesy

You sound like you know what your doing may be we can collaborate as I'm having troubles finishing my PHP front-end to Pushpool such as,
* How can you alert the system that a block has been found? (So the balance can be distributed).
I was asking myself the same question, but right now I only spent like an hour on it, I can manually register a worker and pushpool will correctly record shares.
You might want to ask jeff garzik and have a look at this : https://github.com/jgarzik/pushpool/blob/master/example-blkmon.cfg : looks like there is some sort of block monitoring mechanism.

* Every block solved needs 120 confirms before they can be sent out, how do you go about tracking how many confirmations there is for the reward.
If you get the block hash (see first question Cheesy) then I'd poll the client, or have it notify me on each block so I can track the confirmation status of the one that was mined by the pool, I'd pay some extra care though to correctly account for blockchain forks.

I'll be paying in USD though so don't count it as BTC =)
If you want to throw in some funds then please use BTCs, if you don't have the 14 BTC then use your USD to buy yourself some, and if at this point your balance is 14 BTC then you should spend them in the economy or save them Smiley

-My front end is programmed in PHP-MySql-Apache2
I'm using bitcoin-php. Any ideas?
Yes, do yourself a favor, switch to ruby on rails Wink

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 06:16:57 PM

I guess we'll wait for freeborn, gusti, and darbsllim to chime in then.
redditorrex

Activity: 280

Nom Nom Nom

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 07:14:34 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2011, 07:57:19 PM by redditorrex

Well if anyone is interested in a PHP pushpool admin, I will be working on that.

Also, Considering this is to be an FOOS project, maybe the feature least should have individual bounties.
So that more people can actively work in area, and state what they are working on.

Also as far as finding a confirmed block...
blkmon is used to send a signal to pp when a new block is in the entire BTC network, not when the pool finds a block.

I do something like this in my stats to check if A) we found a new block & B) its confirmation count.

Code:
./bitcoind listtransactions "" 50 | egrep -A5 -B2 "gene|mature"

makes output like such

Code:
    {
        "account" : "",
        "category" : "generate",
        "amount" : 50.01000000,
        "confirmations" : 1142,
        "txid" : "b11d74be444896a3625e45616b13a97ec3a2c1e6394aaf210645aa2e65e322fc",
        "time" : 1306164858
    },
    {
        "account" : "",
        "category" : "generate",
        "amount" : 50.09000000,
        "confirmations" : 511,
        "txid" : "071bcc8a4832dd1b00a1b483f7309de54f5a6d859a7255fb6f3d04f7a376fafd",
        "time" : 1306350094
    },

just json_decode this, and update needed storage.

Reddit Mining Team - MtRed.com = Pure PPS + #00GH/s + LP(+) + AutoPay&InstaPay + Audio Notifications
Find us in #mtred @ irc.freenode.net
error

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 07:17:06 PM

I don't have the time to invest in creating a mining pool front-end so I gladly bow out to those of you who do.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 08:17:51 PM

Also, Considering this is to be an FOOS project, maybe the feature least should have individual bounties.
So that more people can actively work in area, and state what they are working on.
Yes, and at the end throw an extra 200 BTC bounty so all the features are integrated together Smiley

Also as far as finding a confirmed block...
blkmon is used to send a signal to pp when a new block is in the entire BTC network, not when the pool finds a block.
Makes sense

I do something like this in my stats to check if A) we found a new block & B) its confirmation count.
{...}
just json_decode this, and update needed storage.
That makes sense but doesn't help you link found shares to the block they are relevant to, does it ?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: