Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:53:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Open Source pooled mining platform with web interface  (Read 18786 times)
redditorrex

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Nom Nom Nom

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 08:44:11 PM

That makes sense but doesn't help you link found shares to the block they are relevant to, does it ?

No, but I don't think thats what he was asking.  You would use the sharelog for that.

Reddit Mining Team - MtRed.com = Pure PPS + #00GH/s + LP(+) + AutoPay&InstaPay + Audio Notifications
Find us in #mtred @ irc.freenode.net

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 09:04:20 PM

No, but I don't think thats what he was asking.  You would use the sharelog for that.
Well, I might be missing something here, but ultimately the point is to track generated blocks, along with their shares in order to calculate payouts.

So monitoring solved blocks is pretty easy, it hardens a bit when you actually need to pay people based on their work.

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 11:42:58 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2011, 10:15:13 AM by Xenland

No, but I don't think thats what he was asking.  You would use the sharelog for that.
Well, I might be missing something here, but ultimately the point is to track generated blocks, along with their shares in order to calculate payouts.

So monitoring solved blocks is pretty easy, it hardens a bit when you actually need to pay people based on their work.

Tell me boot it, I think I might have to ditch using a scoring method until the next version. Shares are so much less stressful way of calculating payout.
Thanks for the blkmond link too!

Just a preview. Please show your screen shots of your progress, for inspirational purposes Smiley
It's not written in OOP. I'll release version 2 with OOProgramming so people can create Modules easier to their liking.
darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 05:35:14 AM

What is a FOOS project?

I'm not sure if I can offer the bounty in Ruby on Rails, my front end coders only know PHP - I'll have to talk to them about RoR and post back later.

Those features look good though.

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 06:13:39 AM

I once tried to deploy a RoR app. I spent most of that weekend tearing out my hair. Finally had to give up.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 06:48:03 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2011, 05:05:12 PM by opticbit

Bitcoinplus.com does this I think, with java, not sure if its gpu capable, don't think it is.  I'm on my phone so I might be missing something in this thread

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 12:05:15 PM

What is a FOOS project?
FOSS -> Free Open Source Software

I'm not sure if I can offer the bounty in Ruby on Rails, my front end coders only know PHP - I'll have to talk to them about RoR and post back later.
The BTC part of the bounty will be enough for me.

I think it'd make an awesome reference platform for anyone to build upon Smiley

I once tried to deploy a RoR app. I spent most of that weekend tearing out my hair. Finally had to give up.
My deployments are avg. 15 seconds Smiley One command to type, asks you for the server password, boom! deployed
Rails being complicated to deploy was true a few years ago, now it's just a myth. You just need apache + mod_passenger (just like mod_php, just apt-get it) and a database.

Anyway, still waiting for the people who have advertised a BTC bounty to show up.

I propose that the first project who manages to fully complete the feature list I posted gets the bounty.

The person who escrows the bounty would be the judge.

I'll resume working once the bounty is secured, I trust Rails so I'll let all the PHP guys get a head start Cheesy

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 01:16:22 PM

What is a FOOS project?
FOSS -> Free Open Source Software

The BTC part of the bounty will be enough for me.

I think it'd make an awesome reference platform for anyone to build upon Smiley

My deployments are avg. 15 seconds Smiley One command to type, asks you for the server password, boom! deployed
Rails being complicated to deploy was true a few years ago, now it's just a myth. You just need apache + mod_passenger (just like mod_php, just apt-get it) and a database.

Anyway, still waiting for the people who have advertised a BTC bounty to show up.

I propose that the first project who manages to fully complete the feature list I posted gets the bounty.

The person who escrows the bounty would be the judge.

I'll resume working once the bounty is secured, I trust Rails so I'll let all the PHP guys get a head start Cheesy

I semi-disagree with the proposal.
 You have quite the list there such has French translations, and the ability for internationalisation for others to input there translations, again IMO I think that someone must know another language to effectively implement this. Everything else I agree with as it looks like the standard Pool admin page should look like Smiley
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 08:01:16 PM

I will contact the three bounty-givers via PM and see what they would like to do.  Not sure if they are now withdrawing their bounty, or just haven't bothered to check this thread.
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 08:20:39 PM

I do not see much interest in the project, I will freeze my offer until more bounty offers are made.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 08:42:17 PM

I do not see much interest in the project, I will freeze my offer until more bounty offers are made.
What do you mean "you don't see much interest in this project" ?

I will bounty 100 BTC. Must have at least same or more features than actual known pools.
People seem to have started working on this, I have and I'm planning on delivering a result.

So either you honor your word, or you don't.

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 08:47:06 PM

I would like to announce my completion of a LAMP based Front-end to Pushpool it contains the following features:

* ability for new users to sign up and log in (With email confirmations, password reset, strongly encrypted session cookies)
* users must be able to create/delete new workers (this interacts with the pushpool database)
* calculate shares per round
* automatic pay outs?
* Also, graphing is a must. (Not Implemented yet)
* Login is safe from brute force maximum allowed failed attempts is "5" (Not Changeable yet)
*Admin panel (Change edit the, Page title, the Browser title, Manage users, kick them)

Really no one is interested? Looks like I'll just have to sell it then like everybody else.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 08:55:22 PM

Really no one is interested? Looks like I'll just have to sell it then like everybody else.
Nice job!
If I was you I'd expect people who made statements to stand by them Smiley

gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 09:00:48 PM

I will bounty 100 BTC. Must have at least same or more features than actual known pools.
People seem to have started working on this, I have and I'm planning on delivering a result.

I would like to see more people offering their bounty, that is what I call "to have interest".
Anyway, if you or anyone come with an open source package with at least same features as deepbit or similar, I will gladly pay my 100 btc. Also, some online testing is needed.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 09:15:10 PM

I would like to see more people offering their bounty, that is what I call "to have interest".
Anyway, if you or anyone come with an open source package with at least same features as deepbit or similar, I will gladly pay my 100 btc. Also, some online testing is needed.
What kind of features does Deepbit have that are of your interest?
I'll be getting a VPS soon to show working examples for users to play with and to get admin access very soon. As soon as Dwolla withdraw goes through(been 3 days) Thanks for everyones patience,
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 09:33:05 PM

Yes, comments on the feature list are important if multiple projects are competing

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 09:54:59 PM

Yes, comments on the feature list are important if multiple projects are competing

All i hear is want, want, want from the community... but they don't know what they want Tongue
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 09:57:17 PM

All i hear is want, want, want from the community... but they don't know what they want Tongue
haha yrz, everything that can reasonably be approximated to the concept of "a client" induces this kind of frustration Smiley

timmmay

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 10:14:56 PM

I for one love your guys' work!  I will add to the bounty just not sure how much yet (probably $50 or so).

freeborn

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 12:42:26 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2011, 12:55:53 AM by freeborn

what gets my 30btc bounty(thanks davout this is mostly your list)
* user account management e-mail confirmation, password reset etc., strong password encryption
* worker management - ability to add, remove, change password of worker, bonus points for anonymous worker option
* Admin user profile with access to a full fledged admin interface(add remove users, email required for verification[true/false],public stats[true/false])
* Optional fee
* Share or score based calculation
* Web app sitting on the same MySQL DB as pushpool
* Graphing (total cluster hash rate, payout graphs)
* statistics - block statistics see http://www.btcguild.com/blocks.php
* Easily replacable stylesheet -> easily skinnable
* Out of the box internationalization
* API methods (public and private)- see http://www.btcguild.com/api_info.php
* Open source license (bsd, mit)
* 3 months bugfixing

was on daveouts list and sounds nice.. would this be done with selenium?
* Strong automated test suite

additional bounty
* as well as the optional fee, Ill add a 2btc bounty if you can add the option for users to donate a percentage of their mining profit to organization of choice (available organizations[icons,link-to-site(eff,fsf,etc),bitcoin-address] would be set in the admin interface)
* 1 btc extra for french localization

I also am from the fearing RoR camp, so while I prefer a php option any submissions that have working installation steps for ubuntu 10.04 and debian 6.0 that work with lighttpd or nginx will be accepted(sorry Im not a apache fan).  I can/will help trouble shoot these steps on my systems.

I can get a seasoned forums bitcoiner to vouch for me or can prove my involvment in other FOSS projects(feel free to ping me on irc).  I have placed 30btc in the following address, it will be sent from this address when conditions are met.
http://blockexplorer.com/address/13iqBq2vJ4oViduPFoTQpatpzpMdPSLiqX

also redditorrex I think your anonymous pool is a awesome idea, and will start(or send it right now) a 7.77btc bounty for you to opensource your efforts!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: