Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Open Source pooled mining platform with web interface  (Read 18788 times)
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 01:54:54 AM

what gets my 30btc bounty(thanks davout this is mostly your list)
* user account management e-mail confirmation, password reset etc., strong password encryption
* worker management - ability to add, remove, change password of worker, bonus points for anonymous worker option
* Admin user profile with access to a full fledged admin interface(add remove users, email required for verification[true/false],public stats[true/false])
* Optional fee
* Share or score based calculation
* Web app sitting on the same MySQL DB as pushpool
* Graphing (total cluster hash rate, payout graphs)
* statistics - block statistics see http://www.btcguild.com/blocks.php
* Easily replacable stylesheet -> easily skinnable
* Out of the box internationalization
* API methods (public and private)- see http://www.btcguild.com/api_info.php
* Open source license (bsd, mit)
* 3 months bugfixing

was on daveouts list and sounds nice.. would this be done with selenium?
* Strong automated test suite

additional bounty
* as well as the optional fee, Ill add a 2btc bounty if you can add the option for users to donate a percentage of their mining profit to organization of choice (available organizations[icons,link-to-site(eff,fsf,etc),bitcoin-address] would be set in the admin interface)
* 1 btc extra for french localization

I also am from the fearing RoR camp, so while I prefer a php option any submissions that have working installation steps for ubuntu 10.04 and debian 6.0 that work with lighttpd or nginx will be accepted(sorry Im not a apache fan).  I can/will help trouble shoot these steps on my systems.

I can get a seasoned forums bitcoiner to vouch for me or can prove my involvment in other FOSS projects(feel free to ping me on irc).  I have placed 30btc in the following address, it will be sent from this address when conditions are met.
http://blockexplorer.com/address/13iqBq2vJ4oViduPFoTQpatpzpMdPSLiqX

also redditorrex I think your anonymous pool is a awesome idea, and will start(or send it right now) a 7.77btc bounty for you to opensource your efforts!

Now when internationalisation is mentioned is that mean like all the MySql database uses a native table that supports all languages?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rex

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:07:40 AM

After two days' mining, I only got 0.04 BTC. My ATI card works too slow. Sad
Well, I'm very happy to give out all these coins. Your work is truly awesome.

I wish I can support more, but I don't have any USD either Sad
Anyway, Good Luck!!
029xue

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:07:59 AM

I like this project.  Smiley
freeborn

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:49:29 AM

Now when internationalisation is mentioned is that mean like all the MySql database uses a native table that supports all languages?

or for php maybe something like this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4169282/website-localization/4169506#4169506
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 08:18:10 AM

or for php maybe something like this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4169282/website-localization/4169506#4169506

Awesome that was very helpfull Smiley
AntiVigilante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 12:13:30 PM

I've already got a tonne of scripts and such, and every time I go to push it to github I stop and go... wait, don't help the competition.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought along such lines  Shocked

yeah like buy... no... sell... no... adderall... (great name btw adder 'of' all)

solution: you are oversimplifying and trying to be the James Bond of business
there's like at least three contradictions: simplicity, obscurity, and business all at once. not gonna happen. pick one.

there is no competition when there are few
they will beg to play because they are all on Mars with few options, just like you

there is furious competition at the brink of success
some do well some not so much

there is no competition when there are many
the system is at message saturation and so there are always those who won't match your offering even if you are not in in the top 25

the critical part: the one, who helps the community evolve from few to many, and, who survives the valley of fire in the middle, wins.

or we could just call this thing off because others might leap ahead. so what? adapt. get back in the game. keep it alive.

besides: you can always beat them by adapting faster than they do even if they have your system.

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 06:18:50 PM

My business partner and I are looking for not just a pool but someone to partner with us as our technical lead to run the pool.

So our bounty of $100 will go up a lot and also include a profitshare if we can find someone who is interested in being the technical lead on a pool project.

We can handle the frontend design, customer service, any costs that come up, marketing & advertising, etc.

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 09:30:09 AM

I released the first version of my front-end, It isn't up to standards with the bounties around here so I will take no credit in the bounty pool but if you use my software and find it useful you can donate to my address in my signature. Otherwise if you are having trouble with my software I will accept donation BTC to help troubleshoot getting it started although it only takes about 15-25 minutes to get it running.

Click here to download Mining Pool #2
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2011, 09:35:18 AM

I released the first version of my front-end, It isn't up to standards with the bounties around here so I will take no credit in the bounty pool but if you use my software and find it useful you can donate to my address in my signature. Otherwise if you are having trouble with my software I will accept donation BTC to help troubleshoot getting it started although it only takes about 15-25 minutes to get it running.

Nice job !
Do you plan on implementing the missing features so you can claim the bounty ?

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 09:50:27 AM

I plan on making a great open source front end, I hope on claiming a bounty that would be nice for getting a vps or maybe even a dedicated server to give a better demonsration and possibly start a pool, if someone else beats me too it great!
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 10:29:07 AM

I plan on making a great open source front end, I hope on claiming a bounty that would be nice for getting a vps or maybe even a dedicated server to give a better demonsration and possibly start a pool, if someone else beats me too it great!

Please install it on VPS for demoing, I will cover the hosting costs.
This provider accepts btc : https://www.kalyhost.com

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
freeborn

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 02:46:41 AM

nice work!!  I couldnt figure it out just by looking at the source, it would be great if you could take gusti up on his/her offer and get this on the VPS.  As I cant test any miners it at the momment(many errors).

Also can you get a github or gitorious account?  I think that will make for easier project development.

Anyone else still in this race, or are you now scared of xenlands' quick responce?

davout, you still gonna go after the RoRpool?

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 05:14:31 AM

nice work!!  I couldnt figure it out just by looking at the source, it would be great if you could take gusti up on his/her offer and get this on the VPS.  As I cant test any miners it at the momment(many errors).

Also can you get a github or gitorious account?  I think that will make for easier project development.

Anyone else still in this race, or are you now scared of xenlands' quick responce?

I shall signup with git hub sounds like a good idea! Gusti has kindly payed for the hosting, unfortunatly kalyhost is being unresponsive at moment I sent a couple of emails regarding the issues that im having trying to connect to ssh or vnc. For somereason they only suppiled the ip address and passwords but no username, I attempted to try my web login username but that didnt work and i pinged and port scanned it said server not found. I also requested that they give me a refund to the sending address if they cant get it back up in 3 days
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 07:01:56 AM

I do have something in the works, I'll put something online today.
Maybe the bounty can be split if we release something in the same couple of days, maybe his feature list isn't complete yet
We'll see Smiley

freeborn

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 05:00:03 PM

For somereason they only suppiled the ip address and passwords but no username, I attempted to try my web login username but that didnt work and i pinged and port scanned it said server not found. I also requested that they give me a refund to the sending address if they cant get it back up in 3 days

I know this is probably silly of me, but incase your not familiar with *nix have you tried the username "root"?
redditorrex

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Nom Nom Nom

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 05:18:57 PM

For somereason they only suppiled the ip address and passwords but no username, I attempted to try my web login username but that didnt work and i pinged and port scanned it said server not found. I also requested that they give me a refund to the sending address if they cant get it back up in 3 days

I know this is probably silly of me, but incase your not familiar with *nix have you tried the username "root"?

Not silly, you are correct. I dont think this person has ever setup a server.

Reddit Mining Team - MtRed.com = Pure PPS + #00GH/s + LP(+) + AutoPay&InstaPay + Audio Notifications
Find us in #mtred @ irc.freenode.net
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 05:22:53 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2011, 05:40:09 PM by Xenland

You guys think your funny but that was the first thing i tried. Like i said the server dosent respond to even type in a password. Normally when you SSH youll aeast get a passwird box to type in to. Vnc is the same way the instant i press connect, it says disconnected. No waiting for connections or nothing i just get dropped. When i login to my KalyHosting my VPS server only shows up in the billing section. There's no way to reboot my server or options to re-install my linux version, and the "Choose Product" selection doesn't say anything, it just says "Choose Product" KalyHost really messed up and I hope they fix it soon.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 08:21:20 PM

You guys think your funny but that was the first thing i tried. Like i said the server dosent respond to even type in a password. Normally when you SSH youll aeast get a passwird box to type in to. Vnc is the same way the instant i press connect, it says disconnected. No waiting for connections or nothing i just get dropped. When i login to my KalyHosting my VPS server only shows up in the billing section. There's no way to reboot my server or options to re-install my linux version, and the "Choose Product" selection doesn't say anything, it just says "Choose Product" KalyHost really messed up and I hope they fix it soon.
You're saying the server doesn't even ping ?

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 08:36:16 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2011, 07:37:31 AM by Xenland

You're saying the server doesn't even ping ?

Exactly, and I have a confirm online to verify that the server isn't responded. Just timedout

*Update: its been over 36+ hours, still no response from KalyHost and they claim they have 24/7 email support? WT-EFF?

*Update: well i mined 1BTC over the course of 2 days and leetnet.net has been very responsive and I believe my server is running, I'll post back when I have time to install peace mates.
(Still working on contacting KalyHost, thinking about call'em from their whois number almost 2 days)
warweed

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 06:58:29 AM

I will add 10 btc to the bounty provided the list that was posted is met and the developer is willing add custom features that fit my needs for btc

I won't be checking this thread much so pm me if the bounty needs collecting
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: