Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:41:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Open Source pooled mining platform with web interface  (Read 18786 times)
timmmay

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:16:36 AM

Hey all,

have a poke at http://pool.bitcoin-central.net/

Comments and megahashes welcome

Checking it out...what port do you use for the miner's?  And what's your pay-per-share rate?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 12:24:33 AM

Hey all,

have a poke at http://pool.bitcoin-central.net/

Comments and megahashes welcome

Checking it out...what port do you use for the miner's?  And what's your pay-per-share rate?

Pay per share rate is zero for now, I switched your worker back to normal mode Smiley
(yes, that means I also coded a sweet admin interface Cheesy)

This is for testing purposes right now, no pay per share yet.

The pool is plugged on main net (seems like my testnet instance isn't getting any connections for some reason)

If a block is found, the rewards *will* get split properly though and will obviously be paid in actual bitcoins since we're on main net.

timmmay

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:29:43 AM

Pay per share rate is zero for now, I switched your worker back to normal mode Smiley

The pool is plugged on main net (seems like my testnet instance isn't getting any connections for some reason)

If a block is found, the rewards *will* get split properly though and will obviously be paid in actual bitcoins since we're on main net.

Cool no worries.  I have connected on port 8337.  All of my shares are stale though...

using poclbm with switches -v -w128 on a 5870.

EDIT - Removed the switches, same dice.  Increased askrate to 4 and I managed to get 2 solved shares but the rest are still stale Sad

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 12:38:36 AM

Cool no worries.  I have connected on port 8337.  All of my shares are stale though...

EDIT - Removed the switches, same dice.  Increased askrate to 4 and I managed to get 2 solved shares but the rest are still stale Sad
Port should be 9337.
I have to activate long polling, I have a fair bit of stales too :/

timmmay

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:44:26 AM

Port should be 9337.
I have to activate long polling, I have a fair bit of stales too :/

Yeah same deal on 9337.  LP is a must Smiley  Let me know when you have it enabled.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 12:46:17 AM

Yeah same deal on 9337.  LP is a must Smiley  Let me know when you have it enabled.
Will be tomorrow.

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:45:49 AM

Is this the software you plan on releasing? looks pretty solid at the moment
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 07:26:25 AM

yes, that's because is *is* pretty solid Wink

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:44:59 AM

Lol but really is is.... Is solid
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 09:07:08 AM

dammit ><

ok, do you have a live instance of your code running somewhere ?

timmmay

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 09:11:28 AM

dammit ><

ok, do you have a live instance of your code running somewhere ?

Yes he does, http://www.bitcoinage.com.au/

I've been mucking around with the style-sheet tonight so excuse the mess.

When will you be releasing your code for people to test?

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 09:24:04 AM

The app is already released for people to test, there's just two minor things I need to do :
 - Activate long polling
 - Plug it on testnet instead of main-net

Should be done in an hour

timmmay

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 09:35:53 AM

The app is already released for people to test, there's just two minor things I need to do :
 - Activate long polling
 - Plug it on testnet instead of main-net

Should be done in an hour

Yeah I mean for one to download and setup on their own server, like Xenland has provided.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 12:31:55 PM

Yeah I mean for one to download and setup on their own server, like Xenland has provided.
When the bounty is paid.

If some people want to review the code I'll give them access though.
I gave access to Xenland so he can see how I've managed my stuff.

The pool now mines on testnet, blocks should arrive very soon so the block management, and payment splitting mechanism can be tested in the wild after having been successfully validated against my own mined blocks on testnet.

Accounts have been wiped, please register again, you will need to provide a valid testnet address, if you don't have one go here and pick one randomly.

Pay-per-share is not supposed to work as of yet, I still have to code the part that calculates the timestamp-bound share reward according to block difficulty and pool operator configured pay per share fee.

Port : 8337
Long polling : enabled

AntiVigilante

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 01:44:06 PM

When the bounty is paid.

If some people want to review the code I'll give them access though.
I gave access to Xenland so he can see how I've managed my stuff.

The pool now mines on testnet, blocks should arrive very soon so the block management, and payment splitting mechanism can be tested in the wild after having been successfully validated against my own mined blocks on testnet.

Accounts have been wiped, please register again, you will need to provide a valid testnet address, if you don't have one go here and pick one randomly.

Pay-per-share is not supposed to work as of yet, I still have to code the part that calculates the timestamp-bound share reward according to block difficulty and pool operator configured pay per share fee.

Port : 8337
Long polling : enabled

This and slush's pool is very close to what I imagine for towncoins. I just wish an angel miner wasn't required.

You guys are awesome. Also bounty or no bounty I'm converting community-exchange.org to python and plugging in bitcoin, ripple, metals, and fiat.

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 02:13:36 PM

This and slush's pool is very close to what I imagine for towncoins. I just wish an angel miner wasn't required.

You guys are awesome. Also bounty or no bounty I'm converting community-exchange.org to python and plugging in bitcoin, ripple, metals, and fiat.
What are towncoins ?

Use Ruby on Rails, I can't talk about Python/Django, but I know for a hard fact that Rails is to web frameworks what bitcoin is to fiat currency.

Bitcoin-Central.net is also written in Rails and is already open sourced

AntiVigilante

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:27:28 PM

What are towncoins ?

Bitcoins that are hard to consolidate with blocks that are easy to produce, but not difficulty 1. An analogy would be a series of locks allowing ships to cross bodies of water at different surface levels.

CPU mining for disaster devastated towns. Only for the moment it will be share based. The algorithm though will bend over backwards to be effectively higher difficulty than mainline so that in the future the angel miners won't be needed.
[/quote]

Use Ruby on Rails, I can't talk about Python/Django, but I know for a hard fact that Rails is to web frameworks what bitcoin is to fiat currency.

Bitcoin-Central.net is also written in Rails and is already open sourced.
[/quote]

One language at a time. I plan to break the community-exchange.org network into deployable nodes. So best to go with something better than request nazi (PHP) but not so rare it's on a milk carton (Rails). I will eventually make the nodes work in Rails and PHP as well.

Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 03:29:37 PM

One language at a time. I plan to break the community-exchange.org network into deployable nodes. So best to go with something better than request nazi (PHP) but not so rare it's on a milk carton (Rails). I will eventually make the nodes work in Rails and PHP as well.
makes sense, just note that rails has this awesome capistrano tool that everyone uses and that makes deploying on tons of server as easy as typing a command and inputting a password (litterally!)

Also I've added you to the bitcoin-pool repo if you feel like looking at the source, just don't publish it please

AntiVigilante

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 04:00:32 PM

makes sense, just note that rails has this awesome capistrano tool that everyone uses and that makes deploying on tons of server as easy as typing a command and inputting a password (litterally!)

Also I've added you to the bitcoin-pool repo if you feel like looking at the source, just don't publish it please

Sweet Smiley

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 10:24:42 PM

Davout could you please explain to me what test-net and main net is? And how do I access these rights to viewing your setup?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: