Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:00:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Open Source pooled mining platform with web interface  (Read 18786 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 10:32:06 PM

Davout could you please explain to me what test-net and main net is? And how do I access these rights to viewing your setup?
Aww, that's cute Smiley

Ok, so testnet is pretty much another blockchain.

As its name states it's a blockchain that is used for testing purposes, it works exactly like normal bitcoin mainnet, except for the coins that circulate on testnet have pretty much no value and are used to perform whatever tests you may want.

Currently there are approx. ~30000 blocks on testnet and difficulty is below 100, makes it very easy to generate blocks, that's why I use it to test my pool. I can generate loads of testcoins and see how my pool reacts to an OK block, an orphan block, if payments to testnet addresses are handled correctly etc.

To start your client in test mode simply close it and restart it with the -testnet switch, it'll then start to download the testnet blockchain up to its current latest block, and then you're good to go.

Bitcoin block explorer and the bitcoin faucet both have a testnet mode that is very useful to view your generated blocks, or to get 50 testcoins sent to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:02:45 PM

Yeah I mean for one to download and setup on their own server, like Xenland has provided.
When the bounty is paid.

If some people want to review the code I'll give them access though.
I gave access to Xenland so he can see how I've managed my stuff.

The pool now mines on testnet, blocks should arrive very soon so the block management, and payment splitting mechanism can be tested in the wild after having been successfully validated against my own mined blocks on testnet.

Accounts have been wiped, please register again, you will need to provide a valid testnet address, if you don't have one go here and pick one randomly.

Pay-per-share is not supposed to work as of yet, I still have to code the part that calculates the timestamp-bound share reward according to block difficulty and pool operator configured pay per share fee.

Port : 8337
Long polling : enabled

Follow up question: When do I get access if everyone has been wiped and why did you announce that you gave me access with out notifying me, or was the above the announcement?
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 11:05:03 PM

Follow up question: When do I get access if everyone has been wiped and why did you announce that you gave me access with out notifying me, or was the above the announcement?
You got access to the source code on github, the post served as announcement, everyone has access to the pool.bitcoin-central.net instance.
Everyone had to be wiped out because I needed everyone to have a valid testnet address after switching to testnet.

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:12:42 PM

You got access to the source code on github, the post served as announcement, everyone has access to the pool.bitcoin-central.net instance.
Everyone had to be wiped out because I needed everyone to have a valid testnet address after switching to testnet.

Cool I see the announcment email. So what's the verdict on the bounty, do you want to go 50/50 since both our programs are basicly the same in terms of functionality & features the only difference is the programming language they are built on, what do you think? and of course what do those that put in a bounty think?
warweed

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:17:38 PM

Sorry I have been busy with my clustered setup I'm leaning out of ror for a more php based environment what are the options I would like to get this private pool running asap please pm me and shall pay out my portion of the bounty
warweed

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 06:24:11 PM

Thou my portion of the bounty will go to the person willing to do custom development an add on and provide support for btc As I have a set idea that I want
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:36:11 PM

warweed, What ideas do you want on your custom mining pool you speak of? My Mining Pool software will have support for modules that can be easily uploaded. Although I have no modules at the moment, I plan on opening an official website that would be like a market place for people to create and upload there own modules and those developers can set the price of BTC of for free. Is this what you had in mind?
warweed

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:29:53 PM

Oh various things from just checking worker status to custom graphs to taxation features invite only options ect..

I want to run at a base 2% tax with a option to the user to set a "donation" tax in there user CP none drop down just web forum

custom skinning or various security features sanity checking import export db stuff admin statistics instant payout functions ect.

I wish to make this a small private local pool as i have gotten alot of people in my area into mining and combined we make up about 50 ghs and would like them to run on my pool vs deepbit or slush
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:27:47 AM

Oh various things from just checking worker status to custom graphs to taxation features invite only options ect..

I want to run at a base 2% tax with a option to the user to set a "donation" tax in there user CP none drop down just web forum

custom skinning or various security features sanity checking import export db stuff admin statistics instant payout functions ect.

I wish to make this a small private local pool as i have gotten alot of people in my area into mining and combined we make up about 50 ghs and would like them to run on my pool vs deepbit or slush

Cool Ideas I'm working on worker status and graphs beside each worker right meow. I've already hired a web designer to make a great original template that will be really customizable so your good on flexibility if you want to upload your own stylesheet(that will be after the web design update in version 4). As for the invite only option that sounds like a quick fix I'll have allot of these features done in the next couple of days so check up on Mining Pool #2
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 08:14:02 AM

do you want to go 50/50 since both our programs are basicly the same in terms of functionality & features the only difference is the programming language
I'm ok with that, I think it's fair since we both put lots of effort and loving into our respective contributions to the bitcoin community Smiley
My version now has graphing too btw

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 11:37:19 AM

Source is now available : https://github.com/davout/bitcoin-pool

Jarredm

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:37:48 PM

Awesome, I'm going to have to try setting up a pool something I have been thinking about for a while.  I have a spectacular connection that I can play with so I might go for it.

Just a question is your pool at bitcoin-central.net going to continue to operate or was it just a test base?
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 07:50:47 PM

Awesome, I'm going to have to try setting up a pool something I have been thinking about for a while.  I have a spectacular connection that I can play with so I might go for it.

Just a question is your pool at bitcoin-central.net going to continue to operate or was it just a test base?
It will continue to operate, I just need to take thirty minutes, wipe the DB of testnet blocks and shares, and plug it on main net Smiley

Jarredm

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 11:04:42 PM

It will continue to operate, I just need to take thirty minutes, wipe the DB of testnet blocks and shares, and plug it on main net Smiley

Cool let me know when you get it running on main net.  I am interested in joining a new pool.  Slush has gotten huge and I like the small pools for some reason.
Wuked

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 02:30:33 AM

Great Job Daveout,

I started working on my own Rails front end yesterday for pushpool.

I've had a brief look and I like your implementation, you have loads more knowledge than me about Bitcoin and reading over your code is helping a lot.

I'm hoping to get a test pool for my implementation up next week, I am interested to see how well rails copes with it.

freeborn

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:56:20 AM

xenland/davout great work!  it looks like my bounty will be split between the two of you.

How far are you both from completing the internationalization support and api?

I think I would really like a create worker API as well, can someone make this happen?

something like
http://mypool.com/userapi?uidKey=0016d331ccb8;createWorker=myNewWorkerName

Also Davout can you please supply instructions for deployment of your rails app? I would like to test on debian/ubuntu preferably with lighttpd.

AntiVigilante

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 12:58:08 PM

xenland/davout great work!  it looks like my bounty will be split between the two of you.

How far are you both from completing the internationalization support and api?

I think I would really like a create worker API as well, can someone make this happen?

something like
http://mypool.com/userapi?uidKey=0016d331ccb8;createWorker=myNewWorkerName

Also Davout can you please supply instructions for deployment of your rails app? I would like to test on debian/ubuntu preferably with lighttpd.

I'd like to get my implementation of "towncoin" with Angel GPU miners put together; such a guide would be great.

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:03:56 PM

I was going to wait till friday but what the heck I'll just get it out of the way.
Version 3.5 will be released sometime today with API and internationalization support
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:52:44 PM

Well heck, I'm glad I started this thread!  Two new open-source pools with front-ends = mission accomplished!

I'd start a pool myself, but I don't have the guts to go up against the DDOSers that seem to run rampant across the pools.
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 11:09:29 PM

Well heck, I'm glad I started this thread!  Two new open-source pools with front-ends = mission accomplished!

I'd start a pool myself, but I don't have the guts to go up against the DDOSers that seem to run rampant across the pools.
I've been thinking about DDOS attacks myself, Once I get enough BTC I will be able to get a good server and try this idea out I have with firewall permissions. You know deny everyone from the pool accept those that have authenticated their IP address before connecting, That way the server just will not respond to those IP address unauthenticated.
This would probubly deffinalty slow down attackers as they'd have to authenticate every single netbot and if they have 1000000 netbots coming from 1 ip address it will shut them out. Simple as that .
This will be in a couple of months from now after my pooling software is perfect but still a dream i have for the future of pooling services Cheesy
tell me what you guys think in terms of flaws, and maybe how annoying it might be to authenticate your ip address everytime
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: