Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:14:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptomine Signature Campaign could be a Scam  (Read 3060 times)
lolled (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

Well another campaign defaulted https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=746016.720
Which clearly outlines the risk.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lolled (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:57:57 AM

And something new comes along: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=875272.380
Just points site is a scam, with making the risk of the signature campaign run by a purchased account even higher.

drcore

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:53:17 PM

i would avoid the campaign if they shown non promised payments..
caga

Activity: 238

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:09:23 AM

i would avoid the campaign if they shown non promised payments..
I actually feel that Carra(sig campaign manager) and the site owner have exactly the same style of talking.
I would also recommend steering away.

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 11:26:44 AM

Yeah at the first time carra made this sign campaign, appear controversy, which is where he open a new thread and the previous thread there have been several members who enrolled , but he's still open a new thread and do not accept members who enroll in the first thread.
EyesWideOpen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 11:44:42 AM

They can also be experimenting with this thing. They can run the website for a month and if they earn a handsome profit, they would pay the people, else they would run away(they wont have anything to loose as they would only be left with a non-profitable bussiness and a hero account that they most probably bought from somewhere).

Exactly. This is why no legit escrow was used.

I reallly don't see why would they not let another escrow members hold the funds(redsn0w) , who is trusted and is willing to hold the funds for free.
Why redsn0w? He has a clean escrow record so far, but he only started several months ago after bumping his thread daily for weeks. Little is known of him other than he is a mod at the Stellar forum. He might be legit, but I think it's strange that you're pimping him instead of more established escrows.
lolled (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:42:22 PM

Why redsn0w? He has a clean escrow record so far, but he only started several months ago after bumping his thread daily for weeks. Little is known of him other than he is a mod at the Stellar forum. He might be legit, but I think it's strange that you're pimping him instead of more established escrows.

I don't really care who the escrow is. I just said redsn0w because I saw his post in the thread, that he will do the escrow for free. It is certainly better than the current holder.

exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:52:14 PM

I reallly don't see why would they not let another escrow members hold the funds(redsn0w) , who is trusted and is willing to hold the funds for free.
I agree. He appears to be pushing his escrow services too aggressively. While he may or may not be trying to scam via his escrow service, I think he is trying to build up trust to potentially pull off some kind of long con. This is especially relevant for signature campaigns that he is trying to escrow for, as it may result in him receiving trust from people on default trust. I personally would prefer an escrow from someone that is recommended by others rather then someone who recommends themselves.   

I very much agree that this campaign needs to use a legit escrow service (or offer up front payments) for participants if there is any chance they will be paid.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:55:55 PM

I agree. He appears to be pushing his escrow services too aggressively. While he may or may not be trying to scam via his escrow service, I think he is trying to build up trust to potentially pull off some kind of long con. This is especially relevant for signature campaigns that he is trying to escrow for, as it may result in him receiving trust from people on default trust. I personally would prefer an escrow from someone that is recommended by others rather then someone who recommends themselves.   

I very much agree that this campaign needs to use a legit escrow service (or offer up front payments) for participants if there is any chance they will be paid.

Are you serious  Roll Eyes ? However I respect your opinion , I bump my thread 1 time each 24 hours ( it's allowed from the forum rules).  I think you say this because my service is free , but this is my choice and finally I've started my escrow service only for help the community, nothing else.
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:14:23 PM

Are you serious  Roll Eyes ? However I respect your opinion , I bump my thread 1 time each 24 hours ( it's allowed from the forum rules).  I think you say this because my service is free , but this is my choice and finally I've started my escrow service only for help the community, nothing else.
It is nothing personal against you, and I may be wrong about my above statement. My concern is not so much about you bumping your thread, (many reputable escrow services bump their thread), but is more about you soliciting your services when a new thread is started offering some kind of short-medium term service that does not have a escrow lined up.

While you probably would honor any escrow agreement in this case, I would probably not trust you with larger amounts of money, and it is possible that you are trying to build up trust for your ego (instead of trying to pull some kind of long con)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:16:18 PM

It is nothing personal against you, and I may be wrong about my above statement. My concern is not so much about you bumping your thread, (many reputable escrow services bump their thread), but is more about you soliciting your services when a new thread is started offering some kind of short-medium term service that does not have a escrow lined up.

While you probably would honor any escrow agreement in this case, I would probably not trust you with larger amounts of money, and it is possible that you are trying to build up trust for your ego (instead of trying to pull some kind of long con)

It is your choice, but first I suggest you to repay the loan that you have defaulted (good luck). I've seen most escrow propose their escrow service in other thread , there is not prohibited.
porkypork

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:06:48 AM

you can buy hero members for 100$ a dozen
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:09:03 AM

Yup. They are totally meaningless Grin

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:38:16 AM

Hero members actually cost a little bit more then that, however their value is a lot less then the amount of free advertising that crypto mine is going to get by using a "hero" as "escrow"
lolled (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:17:47 PM

Just going to add to it. I have a feeling, that the member Zich is also one of their alts. But can't confirm this, just saying this from his posts.

ligeros

Activity: 182

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:35:30 PM

Let´s wait 3 days more and see will they pay or not.
I think they will. At least the first time, for those who choose 10 day payment.
It´s possible that they will pay after 20 days too.
It´s less possible they will pay at the end of month.
And it´s impossible they will pay after NY when 10 day payment option will be not available.

lolled (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:39:29 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 09:37:42 PM by lolled

UPDATE: They paid out today, but I am almost sure, one big payment would be skipped.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: