Print  
Author Topic: Closed  (Read 2124 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:30:36 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 06:01:19 PM by WoodCollector

Hi guys, It seems i have been able to find the answer to all my other problems through Bitcoin and its community so here goes another attempt.

I am looking to have a laser engraver engineered that does not suffer from the "straight line" problem.

The straight line problem can be better understood by watching this video

Buying and off the shelf laser engraver means i could only engrave things that are round which have a perfectly straight line to write on, So something like a vase which has curves cannot be engraved as the laser is out of focus on any part of the vase that is not on the focus line.

I would be willing to offer a negotiable fee or bounty to anyone who could solve this engineering problem. You would not need to build the actual machine. Just provide engineering documents and a parts list so i could build it DIY style.

Thanks

Edit: yep its a crime to have wanted a new toy. Good job Nubbins !!!! Heaven forbid i look to see if i can get something made because a client wants a bunch of pieces made and does not want to pay to have them all hand carved. Your going to burn for this smear campaign, just want you to know that !

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:20:49 AM

Hi guys, It seems i have been able to find the answer to all my other problems through Bitcoin and its community so here goes another attempt.

I am looking to have a laser engraver engineered that does not suffer from the "straight line" problem.

Buying and off the shelf laser engraver means i could only engrave things that are round which have a perfectly straight line to write on, So something like a vase which has curves cannot be engraved as the laser is out of focus on any part of the vase that is not on the focus line.

I would be willing to offer a negotiable fee or bounty to anyone who could solve this engineering problem. You would not need to build the actual machine. Just provide engineering documents and a parts list so i could build it DIY style.

Thanks
Did anyone ever provide this for you?
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:25:16 AM

Scam Warning: WoodCollector

This thread RIGHT HERE is the funniest thing I've seen in a couple days.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:48:59 AM

Thanks
Did anyone ever provide this for you?
+1, sounds easy to fix. What's the focal distance tolerance?
Distance could be changed with adjustable optics, but angle on highly sloped surfaces would still be an issue. You might need to tilt the laser head in addition to adjusting the distance. Depending on your setup, controlling the z distance with a slide rail might be easier than adjustable optics. It'd be a fun project, but I'm sure there must be something out there that does this already.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: