Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:48:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kids today are spoiled with their gaming computers!  (Read 2233 times)
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:05:42 AM

my rule on GPUs is buy them New for around £100-150 never spent more than that and never needed to. the reason to buy new is alot of clowns out there destroy there cards with overheating and poor cooling, so what seems a good deal turns into a lemon

as for education here in the UK it sucks. hell i failed English (please note the UK speaks ENGLISH) how that possible im not sure but it happened, im pretty much self taught in everything i do from mechanics to computers, i also refuse to bay £4000 for a university course on something simple. the government can go and shove it, the only reason id do a uni course is get a fat ass loan and never pay it back (only have to pay it back if you earn £30k+ a year which i dont intend to do) and if i did earn that much i sure as hell wouldn't tell the government Cheesy (fix the holes in my god damn street then we will talk about you getting my money) 

only have to pay it back if you earn £30k+ a year which i dont intend to do
this makes me sad

not my fault the government is stupid, just shows no matter how much you spend on education you cant make stupid people smart... or to quote an American. you cant polish a turd...

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 07:14:02 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 07:26:00 AM by BadBear

SSD's are just too expensive for me to justify right now, I know everybody keeps annoyingly swearing by them but honestly, as I said, you guys have no idea how slow my processor is, that's going to be the biggest improvement and as far as I'm concerned the only necessary improvement, the extra RAM will help plenty too. Spending such an amount of money on an SSD drive that isn't even that large just to shave a few seconds off the loading times doesn't sit right with me as you've seen me demonstrate It takes 5 minutes to load Battlefield currently so I'm more than happy with the idea of being able to load it in less than 30 seconds.

Going by the youtube benchmarks other games should load even faster, so yeah, I'm not bothered about SSD, talk to me in a year or two when 1TB SSD's are the same price as HDDs and I'll have probably bought one.

My family room computer has a core2duo in it, e8400, and a SSD was by far the best upgrade I ever made. I'll upgrade the processor/motherboard when I have leftovers from something else.  

You don't need a 1 TB SSD, Samsung Evo 840 250 GB is on sale for $99 on Amazon, and use your existing platter drive as a secondary data drive. Before I got one a couple years ago, I made all the excuses about not wanting to spend the money on a SSD too, but once I got one, I realized how dumb it was to not get one earlier. It doesn't "just" shave 5 seconds off loading time, it makes everything faster and pretty much instantaneous for everything. If you spend any amount of time on your computer, especially for work, you are handicapping yourself. You'll understand and kick yourself one day when you finally get one. My HTPC/gaming computer has a new i5, and my file server has an i7, so it isn't like I don't know what an upgrade from the e8400 would be like either.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 07:20:51 AM

Well if and when I can afford it I may get an SSD to try it out, but that's when Tongue Right now though I'll be happy getting my computer, at least with the SSD I can just slot it in once I get it so it's not a big deal getting one later you know Tongue  Also, typical post service! Said it was arriving yesterday but it turns out it's coming today instead! Just when I had to go to a doctors appointment as well!

Again though, even without the SSD drives you guys don't realise how much of a difference just having this 8 core processor is going to make to me Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: