Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:17:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentrally mined currency has failed so far  (Read 11254 times)
UnunoctiumTesticles (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:22:38 PM

turvarya,

You do realize that decentralization and the European social model (tax and redistribute) are incongruent?
A decentralized currency(!) and the European social model are not incongruent?
There are not just this two extrems: Either everything is decentralized or everything is centralized.
There is also not just that outcome, that Bitcoin succeed and every fiat disappears or Bitcoin disappears.

If your imagination is just limited to think of 2 possibilities, than I finally understand, what your big problem is.

You realize you didn't answer the second and third question. Are Europeans going to rail against AML laws that aim to prevent tax evasion so they can avoid AML compliance for Bitcoin?

If yes, the tax evaders can just route everything through Bitcoin.

I am glad you are disagreeing with everyone who thinks Bitcoin will be a really big and dominating phenomenon. So your argument is Bitcoin is irrelevant. Okay.

Readers Europeans do tie themselves in logical knots when it comes to their social model. They think they can have that and have some idealistic concepts about "freedom" or rational "decentralization" or some other conflicted psychosis.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:28:57 PM

Okay cbeast we get your point. You think I am a delusional maniac in the mold of Alex Jones Massacre.

Perhaps you can try to refute my point about Europe.
I didn't come to the Philippines to get all stressed about Western culture and ideologies. Do you not realize that you are surrounded by the most unique culture and people in the world? If you want to think about something deep, ask yourself why Filipinos are so sought after as workers worldwide. Hint: it's not just because they work cheap. If you want to make a difference in the world, talk to them about Bitcoin. You will be surprised at their understanding and the unique position they are in to benefit from Bitcoin on a global scale.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
UnunoctiumTesticles (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:32:08 PM

Okay cbeast we get your point. You think I am a delusional maniac in the mold of Alex Jones Massacre.

Perhaps you can try to refute my point about Europe.
I didn't come to the Philippines to get all stressed about Western culture and ideologies. Do you not realize that you are surrounded by the most unique culture and people in the world? If you want to think about something deep, ask yourself why Filipinos are so sought after as workers worldwide. Hint: it's not just because they work cheap. If you want to make a difference in the world, talk to them about Bitcoin. You will be surprised at their understanding and the unique position they are in to benefit from Bitcoin on a global scale.

Filipinos don't plan and don't care about the future. They live for the moment. They make great entertainers and perform well in any social work. But don't ask them to do silent engineering (the non-Chinese ones). This is rare.

They are just a pawn of the powers such as the USA, China, and Japan.

Any way, I think this discussion have been taken far off topic. And this is not useful to me. We need to stop this. I don't want to spend my time on irrelevant topics.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:32:23 PM

turvarya,

You do realize that decentralization and the European social model (tax and redistribute) are incongruent?
A decentralized currency(!) and the European social model are not incongruent?
There are not just this two extrems: Either everything is decentralized or everything is centralized.
There is also not just that outcome, that Bitcoin succeed and every fiat disappears or Bitcoin disappears.

If your imagination is just limited to think of 2 possibilities, than I finally understand, what your big problem is.

You realize you didn't answer the second and third question.
It's hard to answer someone, who always edits his posts.
But there is no point in answering that 2 "questions", because the assumption behind this 2 "question" is, that EU-countries have to give up there social model, if they do not agree to some imaginary edict and that doesn't make any sense at all.

I see, that you are camouflaging, assumptions as questions. That just doesn't work on me.
Answer me this:
When the sky will fall to earth, would you rather live in a common house or a bunker? And if you are rather live in a bunker, why are you wasting your time on a forum, instead of building one?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
UnunoctiumTesticles (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:37:05 PM

But there is no point in answering that 2 "questions", because the assumption behind this 2 "question" is, that EU-countries have to give up there social model, if they do not agree to some imaginary edict and that doesn't make any sense at all.

Thanks for proving that in your case I am correct about the European psychosis.

You think that you can have an unsustainable tax and redistribute economic model and not have to confiscate the wealth. Duh.

And therefor you assume implicitly that a non-compliant Bitcoin won't be used to hide wealth.

Look your economies are going to implode. And the retirees are going to support the government to find taxes where ever they can.

UnunoctiumTesticles (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:43:25 PM

Hey I am European, no problems over here.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Filipinos don't plan and don't care about the future. They live for the moment. They make great entertainers and perform well in any social work. But don't ask them to do silent engineering (the non-Chinese ones). This is rare.

They are just a pawn of the powers such as the USA, China, and Japan.

Any way, I think this discussion have been taken far off topic. And this is not useful to me. We need to stop this. I don't want to spend my time on irrelevant topics.
Curmudgeons are boring when they talk about politics. You really don't get Filipinos. Maybe not planning or caring about the future isn't such a terrible way to live. Their culture has never been defeated. Their culture has served them and remained intact for 40,000 years. That's why they are welcome everywhere. Manifest destiny re-branded as NWO is dead.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:47:37 PM

Look your economies are going to implode. And the retirees are going to support the government to find taxes where ever they can.

Oh no? You've got three albatrosses round your neck, Italy, Greece and Spain.... and guess who pays the highest pensions in EU.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:49:27 PM

Thanks for proving that in your case I am correct about the European psychosis.

You think that you can have an unsustainable tax and redistribute economic model and not have to confiscate the wealth. Duh.

And therefor you assume implicitly that a non-compliant Bitcoin won't be used to hide wealth.

You are just ignoring the fact that the USA has major economic problems without a social system, there was a world wide crisis which affected most countries including the USA and it had nothing to do with any social system.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:54:13 PM

Oh no? You've got three these albatrosses round your neck, Italy, Greece and Spain.... Cyprus, Ireland, UK, France, Germany etc.........

http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
UnunoctiumTesticles (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:01:04 PM

Oblivious shares mean that the block contents are not disclosed to the hasher. The hasher may be working on a malicious branch of the chain without even knowing about it. They may even be crushing start-up alt-coins, or embeding prayers in the block-chain.

I believe oblivious shares can be implemented using a public hash of the block data. The secret can be independent of the compilation of the contents of the block.

As I understand it, the secret can be an arbitrary length: that is the whole point of a hash function.
With oblivious shares, block manipulations possible with getblocktemplate are impossible: since a hashed header implies a read-only block.

Wait I will dig up the math to be sure. I will go eat first outside, reply when I return.

It took so long to get back to this.

The SecretSeed does not depend on the contents of the block[1]. Thus I don't see how it is incompatible with any modifications to the contents of the block.

[1] http://arxiv.org/pdf/1112.4980.pdf#page=29

ArnoldChippy

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:05:16 PM

If the ultimate sanction is that they turn off the internet, then there is no app for that  Smiley

But at some point they must turn it back on - or forever live in darkness...

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀

|
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
UnunoctiumTesticles (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:07:08 PM

Oh no? You've got three these albatrosses round your neck, Italy, Greece and Spain.... Cyprus, Ireland, UK, France, Germany etc.........

And when did the Euro turn down recently?

You ignore Armstrong's model at your peril.

I should keep an eye out for the possibility that Europe could bounce until 2014.675. I need to search for facts that can tell me how long this bounce is likely to last. I don't want to be too early again, as I was on China last July 2012.

As I've been expecting, looks like we will get that a deadcat bounce in capital fleeing Europe and developing markets into the USA, which may put a temporarily top on the USA equities. Safe haven bond yields in Europe are increasing (exodus from safe havens) and US Treasury yields are declining (from recent dramatic rise) which is a combination of capital coming out of USA equities taking a breather, capital coming out of safe haven European bonds, and lower PPI placing doubt on Fed's Sept. taper.

Remember on Exter's Inverted Pyramid, that US federal reserve notes are at the bottom just above gold. Patience goldbugs, patience...
UnunoctiumTesticles (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:15:58 PM

http://suvysthoughts.blogspot.com/2014/08/europes-conundrum.html

Hey Germany was in recesssion until the formation of the Euro which was a currency war against the PIIGS, allowing Germany to devalue their manufacturing so they could undercut the PIIGS manufacturing and steal.

Europe's banks are leveraged on the order of 50-to-1, much much higher than the USA banks were before they were recapitalized in 2008. Are you ready for the Portabello?

So now you are married to the coming implosion. One for all, All for one. Isn't it bloody amicable brings tears to my armpits. Ciao.  Cool
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:23:45 PM

Ahahaaa.... What I get from that is that France can fuck their way to prosperity.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
UnunoctiumTesticles (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:26:07 PM

Ahahaaa.... What I get from that is that France can fuck their way to prosperity.

That explains why I am in the Philippines! I have southern French ancestry (and German and Welsh).
ArnoldChippy

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:26:35 PM

There's no doubt about it, all countries have been and are being shafted by the banks.

Where 99% of people are asleep is that there is no debt, because the banks never lent us anything anyway - because they don't have anything lend - and it's all about book-keeping entries and the ability to maintain a lie.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀

|
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
UnunoctiumTesticles (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:58:38 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 03:26:41 PM by UnunoctiumTesticles

Their culture has never been defeated.

I often cited The Starfish and The Spider and I have Cherokee ancestry too, so please don't assume I don't understand the decentralization model. In fact, I've adopted it in my personal life to some extent. Just like a filipino, I don't let anything phase me. Move on. 50 times per day. Ah this girl snubs me, okay talk to the one standing beside her, bounce to the one at the next door, ah wait I am hungry turn around there is food, 15 pesos I am busog...whats next..."depende sa hangin" meaning I do next depending on the wind.

But work is different.

What I mean is filipino culture has no impact on the outcome of the global smashup ahead. They are bystanders.

They will lose their overseas employment when the global economy turns down. They were years ago a net importer of rice, not sure now. They can always survive, as they can survive on bananas and roots if necessary. Although I am not sure about that. I've seen filipinas who got very weak and sickly from just trying to survive on that diet. I remember there were famines in Indonesia.

Their culture can help them survive but it won't help you survive. They will leave you under the bus when they can't use you any more. When the shit comes down, you are foreigner, you need a visa to stay there, and besides you can't survive like they do. I tried it and I lost 20 kilos. It was hell. I had dysentery and amoeba every week. Had Typhoid fever, Dengue, etc.. I could probably do it now, because I am so adjusted (I often eat only carrots all day any way because of my illness). But I'd prefer not to.

The outcome in the major western nations, China, and Japan will seal Bitcoin's fate. You'd have to be blind to not see they are all ripe for regulating Bitcoin and the populations are going along fine with the AML terrorist false flag shit. The western populations, China, Japan, are concerned about political corruption, not about AML compliance.

Sorry no one provided a convincing argument as to why Bitcoin won't become a regulated fiat proxy.

I understand some Europeans are smug. I see that often. They really think they are superior. They even debate with that smug, nonchalant, arrogant attitude ("you didn't say anything"). When I debate them in person, they criticize me arrogantly behind my back. But the reality is they are screwed economically and they are falling right in queue on regulation. Note I also know some younger Europeans that understand what is going on and I relate very well to them.

Every European I've met here in the Philippines (ab)uses the European social system. And they believe it is correct.

I've also met many Americans who live over here on disability, again abusing the social system. I should be declared disabled due to my blindness in one eye and very poor eyesight in the other. But I am not about to abuse the social system because of my stupid decision in 1999.

I don't use health insurance, not even PhilHealth. I couldn't use the social system to pay for something that is my personal responsibility.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:22:24 PM

Sorry no one provided a convincing argument as to why Bitcoin won't become a regulated fiat proxy.
Franky1 gave convincing arguments on how Bitcoin can remain deregulated, but that's not the same thing. Every day we make choices. Every day we check the winds and decide to go with them or against them.

Europe has been beaten down by centuries of wars. SE Asians have suffered such wars even longer. America has had little in the way of total  war on its shores. Americans are restless to fight so much so that most of their entertainment is about violence. It's more likely they will get what they seem to want. But that is their choice.

I really don't think the rest of the world will follow America into fascism. Been there. Done that.

UnunoctiumTesticles (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:30:31 PM

There's no doubt about it, all countries have been and are being shafted by the banks.

I am big believer in personal responsibility. The people borrowed and accepted government spending. The people are complicit.

Where 99% of people are asleep is that there is no debt, because the banks never lent us anything anyway - because they don't have anything lend - and it's all about book-keeping entries and the ability to maintain a lie.

It is not that simplistic.

The debt now represents actual investments and labor as the debt money has gone through the economy. You can't just unwind that without picking winners and losers thus stealing from some and redistributing to others.

The notion that debt can be canceled is a fallacy. It always has to be paid down by someone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: