Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:59:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PirateFly Labs or Butter@40 - You be the judge  (Read 2710 times)
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 10:05:01 PM

So, 'doing the rounds' as I tend to do monthly, I decided to get back in touch with Butterfly Labs in regards to possibly ordering 10 Singles.
To my HORROR (and dismay) I was quoted a 'fair' shipping estimate of 10 weeks from time of Payment receipt.

ARE THEY FUCKING SERIOUS ? STILL ?

Short of sending them a reply to the email that I received (that I pray could explode hot-acid onto the face of the person reading it) I decided to 'run a few numbers'.....

Let's call BTC a $6 shoe-in currently, or better yet, let's call a BFL Single a 100 BTC proposition.

They want 1,000 of my BTC for 10 weeks, even THEN with no promise of delivery ?
We all know that if BFL quotes 10, then it must be more like 14-16 weeks realistically.

So, let's call it 10. 10 Weeks, with me starving my BTCST Account of 1,000 BTC.
During those 10 weeks, that 1,000 BTC stands to generate 56 BTC (on the first week) per week+ at medium interest (5.6%.....and of course, I would simply let it compound).

So, Week#1 of my 1,000 BTC generating 56 BTC profit, leads all the way up to week#10, at which time the initial 1,000 BTC would be worth just shy of 1,750 BTC.

With THAT in mind, I have to ask....

Does ButterFly Labs have a Pirate Savings Account that they leverage as part of their Business Profit Model ?
(along with mining for 10 weeks with the proposed 10 Singles, generating an additional 35-odd BTC per week on 8,500MH/s, while the 10 units are being 'tested')

So, to summarize:

- 10 BFL Singles @ 1,000 BTC
- 10 Week Pirate Savings Investment @ 5.6% Weekly = 1,750 BTC
- Additional 350 BTC Mined while units are 'burned-in' (8,500 MH/s 10 Week PPS estimate)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2,100 BTC / 10 = 210 BTC Per Unit, Delivered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 10:11:50 PM

BFL finally does the right thing by making their estimates more accurate, and you guys still complain? WTF!

For the record, the latest data shows ~11 weeks delivery time. So, yes, 10 weeks is fair! As far as we know, they are doing the best they can to scale their business up.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 10:16:58 PM

bitlane acknowledged it might just well be 10 weeks, but the point of his post was how long he has paid for an investment that is not mining. That makes their return on investment time longer much worse.
* ckolivas hugs his 7970s

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 10:21:28 PM

Ive said this since day one and I will continue to say this.

Butterfly labs 20 year wait period is due to the "Extended testing" they must undergo to make sure each unit pays for itself twice via mining before they send it out to their loyal customer.

Not to mention the fact that with the rise of Bitcoin values that 100 BTC you send them today might be worth twice as much by the time you actually get your unit.

Hate me if you want for using this thread for an advertisement but at BTCFPGA.com we GUARANTEE 2-4 week delivery time and if your unit does not ship by that fourth week we give you a 9% discount which can be refunded in BTC, credited back to your Credit/Debit card or used as a discount on a future model.
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 10:23:22 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2012, 10:42:06 PM by bitlane

* ckolivas hugs his 7970s
..and I am hugging mine as well.
15x 7970's, 4 days from pay to mine and I couldn't be happier with my last farm overhaul.

They didn't want my money THEN and they don't want it now, as I am a 'small fry' in the grand scheme of things....lol

It's Mini-Rigs or nothing now....and dreams of ASICs. BFL = Great at PR, terrible at delivery.

I feel less and less bad as each day passes, for the countless public beating(s) they all took when they first joined this forum and announced the Single in the first place.

Hate me if you want for using this thread for an advertisement but at BTCFPGA.com we GUARANTEE 2-4 week delivery time and if your unit does not ship by that fourth week we give you a 9% discount which can be refunded in BTC, credited back to your Credit/Debit card or used as a discount on a future model.

Nope. No Hate here....At least you guys have a SHIPPING TIME guarantee and hold yourselves accountable with a partial refund offer.....this is the best place TO advertise your units.

likuidxd

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 10:24:27 PM

My head hurts thinking about all the BTC they have been given on a promise of delivery. If this were any other business, they would have never gotten off the ground. In the real world business works the other way around.

ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 10:27:24 PM

Bitlane you have no idea how many people hate you now!

We were all waiting for ASIC announcement today, and for a moment your thread looked like it is here, only to be disappointed by another kid complaining!
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 10:29:51 PM

Bitlane you have no idea how many people hate you
I am sure I can venture a guess...

......another kid complaining!

I'm an OLD MAN ....LMAO

We were all waiting for ASIC announcement today....

Great....another product that they will fail miserably at delivering in a timely fashion....

On a side note....

I will be selling 'Custom Tested' Radeon 7970s for $300 USD each (10 14 Week delivery shipping-date from date of payment receipt)

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 10:56:48 PM

We were all waiting for ASIC announcement today....

Great....another product that they will fail miserably at delivering in a timely fashion....
Now imagine them holding onto $XX000 dollars for an extra 10 weeks...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
BCMan

Activity: 535

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 11:01:05 PM

So, 'doing the rounds' as I tend to do monthly, I decided to get back in touch with Butterfly Labs in regards to possibly ordering 10 Singles.
To my HORROR (and dismay) I was quoted a 'fair' shipping estimate of 10 weeks from time of Payment receipt.

Short of sending them a reply to the email that I received (that I pray could explode hot-acid onto the face of the person reading it) I decided to 'run a few numbers'.....

Let's call BTC a $6 shoe-in currently, or better yet, let's call a BFL Single a 100 BTC proposition.

They want 1,000 of my BTC for 10 weeks, even THEN with no promise of delivery ?
We all know that if BFL quotes 10, then it must be more like 14-16 weeks realistically.

So, let's call it 10. 10 Weeks, with me starving my BTCST Account of 1,000 BTC.
During those 10 weeks, that 1,000 BTC stands to generate 56 BTC (on the first week) per week+ at medium interest (5.6%.....and of course, I would simply let it compound).

So, Week#1 of my 1,000 BTC generating 56 BTC profit, leads all the way up to week#10, at which time the initial 1,000 BTC would be worth just shy of 1,750 BTC.

With THAT in mind, I have to ask....

Does ButterFly Labs have a Pirate Savings Account that they leverage as part of their Business Profit Model ?
(along with mining for 10 weeks with the proposed 10 Singles, generating an additional 35-odd BTC per week on 8,500MH/s, while the 10 units are being 'tested')

So, to summarize:

- 10 BFL Singles @ 1,000 BTC
- 10 Week Pirate Savings Investment @ 5.6% Weekly = 1,750 BTC
- Additional 350 BTC Mined while units are 'burned-in' (8,500 MH/s 10 Week PPS estimate)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2,100 BTC / 10 = 210 BTC Per Unit, Delivered.

Cmon, Singles are dead already, why are you interested in these bricks still?
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 11:14:11 PM

I figured I'd have a better shot at acquiring Singles (being a ?current? production item) rather than waiting for the next Product to be dreamed up and 'Launched'....

A few 'old school' (as in Father-Sarcasm) sayings come to mind:
- Don't hold your breathe.....
- Don't hold your hand over your asshole...

-...<insert next>.....

You have to admit, from a Company Pride standpoint, it must make BFL extremely proud to be the butt of nearly every 'time' and shipping joke on the forum as well as a financial joke overall 'round these parts.
No one ever doubted their product (OK, well, a few people did)....but everything else about them is simply comical at best. I mean, you can't even get mad anymore.
 It's easier to just have a good laugh at their expense, since they seem to be running their production lines at YOURS....

BCMan

Activity: 535

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 11:36:28 PM

I figured I'd have a better shot at acquiring Singles (being a ?current? production item) rather than waiting for the next Product to be dreamed up and 'Launched'....

A few 'old school' (as in Father-Sarcasm) sayings come to mind:
- Don't hold your breathe.....
- Don't hold your hand over your asshole...

-...<insert next>.....

You have to admit, from a Company Pride standpoint, it must make BFL extremely proud to be the butt of nearly every 'time' and shipping joke on the forum as well as a financial joke overall 'round these parts.
No one ever doubted their product (OK, well, a few people did)....but everything else about them is simply comical at best. I mean, you can't even get mad anymore.
 It's easier to just have a good laugh at their expense, since they seem to be running their production lines at YOURS....

I don't give a damn, because I ordered nothing from them. I hope they're smart enough to catch that asic's are too early for this time.
BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 01:53:41 AM

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. From the thread title, I was hoping you were going to argue that Pirate@40 and BFL were conspirators in a gigantic doomsday scheme through cybernetically enhanced bugs, funded by BFL and Pirate, swarming throughout the world, entering computers, and stealing Bitcoin wallets. Now that would have been something.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:02:59 AM

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed. From the thread title, I was hoping you were going to argue that Pirate@40 and BFL were conspirators in a gigantic doomsday scheme through cybernetically enhanced bugs, funded by BFL and Pirate, swarming throughout the world, entering computers, and stealing Bitcoin wallets. Now that would have been something.

No way. Pirate has made me RICH BITCH !  BFL have just made me frustrated.

BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:05:08 AM

No way. Pirate has made me RICH BITCH !  BFL have just made me frustrated.

I know, but man, these forums are my source of Friday night entertainment. The trolling today seems to be just... subpar.

The difference between the two is fairly stark. Pirate's complainers/trolls are people not using his services. BFL's are people who are using their services.

Now, what does that tell you? Wink

bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:17:50 AM

...that I troll BFL because I don't have any BFL hardware ?....LOL (like Pirate's trolls don't have Pirate savings accounts ?...LMAO)

...and both seem NOT INTERESTED in New Clients ? Wink

bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:20:03 AM

...that I troll BFL because I don't have any BFL hardware ?....LOL (like Pirate trolls don't have Pirate accounts ?...LMAO)

OMG....

Pirate Pass-Through Bonds = BFL 'Pass-Through-Ass-Rape-3rd-Party-Singles-ReSell-Program-@-50%-Profit' ?

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:36:52 AM

+1

Make your threads more like science fiction allegories and less people will "tl;dr" Tongue

And lol at the above Roll Eyes

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 04:33:04 AM

http://www.butterflylabs.com/pre-order-form/

Delivery: Units are shipped within four to six weeks from the date of purchase.

They just can't seems to get rid of the never-met 4-6 week promise.

Buy & Hold
BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 05:47:31 AM

...that I troll BFL because I don't have any BFL hardware ?....LOL (like Pirate trolls don't have Pirate accounts ?...LMAO)

OMG....

Pirate Pass-Through Bonds = BFL 'Pass-Through-Ass-Rape-3rd-Party-Singles-ReSell-Program-@-50%-Profit' ?

Now that's more like it. Eloquent prose helps me feel less insufficient for browsing web forums on a Friday night. Thanks Bitlane.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: