Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:50:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer U3 Setup [HD]  (Read 30451 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 03:33:28 AM

I'm trying to get my 2 Antminer U3 devices setup. I've done all the correct steps with Zadig, but for some reason, when I try to run CGminer, it says "No devices detected! waiting for USB hotplug devices" I'm new to Bitcoin, too.

Exactly which version of cgminer are you using?

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
broda

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:33:12 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 07:03:49 PM by broda

I'm trying to get my Antminer U3 setup. I've done all the correct steps with Zadig, but for some reason, when I try to run CGminer, it says
"No devices detected! waiting for USB hotplug devices" "Probing for an alive pool" " Pool 0 difficulty changed to 256" " Network diff set to 72.7G" " Pool 0 difficulty changed to 51" "Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart"

I'm on Win8.1 running CGminer 4.9.1

This is what my bat file looks like :  cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u foxtwofive.worker1 -p 123

Edit: I tried running on cgminer 4.9.0 and i get the same messages.

Edit 2: Got it working had to close bitcoin wallet that was running, solved the problem.

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:38:24 PM

There was a known bug with 4.9.1 that it would not recognize the U3.  You should be using the latest release, v4.9.2, it was fixed for the U3: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/
huntbit

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:56:18 PM

Hi Debitme
I think i have done all the bits in the set up , my question is in relation to the note pad txt doc need those details where do i get them , i see part of the info in the doc has DEBITMe in it i take it those are your details , how do i get my own details to fill in ?i take it those detail are how you are identified to be paid for the work you miner does?
Cheers
huntbit

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:04:09 PM

I got a brand new U3 straight from Bitmain over amazon.  Have been fiddling with it all night and can't seem to get it recognized by CGminer.  I have done all the steps and don't know what else to do?  Any ideas would be helpful.

My zadig says the Driver loaded on "CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller" is WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)

I downloaded CGMiner 4.9.0 and made a notepad file with this in it...
cgminer.exe  -o us1.ghash.io:3333 -u DebitMe.U3 -p 123
and saved it as a .bat file in the cgminer folder.

My Devices and Printers folder shows the unit as "CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller"

When I start CGMiner it says "No Devices Detected"

What am I missing?  It seems to be recognized by my computer, but just not by CGMiner.

Maybe start CGminer THEN plug the USB in  Wink

That's how CGminer worked for the little gridseeds,at least for me  Roll Eyes

Yeah that's one option, apparently hotplug has a better chance of detecting devices. Are you plugged in via USB 1.1, 2.0 or 3.0? Are you putting it through a hub at all?

Ok, I can try that when I get home.  I have tried it on my main desktop through USB 3.0 and 2.0, then on my little netbook that I used to run all of the AsicMiner USB devices, which should be 2.0.  I am not using it through a hub, I can try that too as well though.
DEBITME
The notepad doc you you have  -o us1.ghash.io:3333 -u DebitMe.U3 -p 123, i take it these details are yours, do i need to tp register some where to get my oun details to add to my .dat doc?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 10:50:58 PM

I got a brand new U3 straight from Bitmain over amazon.  Have been fiddling with it all night and can't seem to get it recognized by CGminer.  I have done all the steps and don't know what else to do?  Any ideas would be helpful.

My zadig says the Driver loaded on "CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller" is WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)

I downloaded CGMiner 4.9.0 and made a notepad file with this in it...
cgminer.exe  -o us1.ghash.io:3333 -u DebitMe.U3 -p 123
and saved it as a .bat file in the cgminer folder.

My Devices and Printers folder shows the unit as "CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller"

When I start CGMiner it says "No Devices Detected"

What am I missing?  It seems to be recognized by my computer, but just not by CGMiner.

Maybe start CGminer THEN plug the USB in  Wink

That's how CGminer worked for the little gridseeds,at least for me  Roll Eyes

Yeah that's one option, apparently hotplug has a better chance of detecting devices. Are you plugged in via USB 1.1, 2.0 or 3.0? Are you putting it through a hub at all?

Ok, I can try that when I get home.  I have tried it on my main desktop through USB 3.0 and 2.0, then on my little netbook that I used to run all of the AsicMiner USB devices, which should be 2.0.  I am not using it through a hub, I can try that too as well though.
DEBITME
The notepad doc you you have  -o us1.ghash.io:3333 -u DebitMe.U3 -p 123, i take it these details are yours, do i need to tp register some where to get my oun details to add to my .dat doc?

Yes, on a pool like antpool.com, ghash.io etc. Make an account, change the "-o" string to that site's mining servers and the "-u" string to your username.minername. "-p" doesnt matter so 123 is fine.

jdacal

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:53:35 PM

Anyone know the dimensions, or maybe a McMaster-Carr part number for the screws that mount the heatsink to the U3?  I have the newer version with the wire cage.  This would be the screws that have the springs on them I'm referring to.

Thanks!
AsdQ89

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 12:05:07 PM

Hi guys.

I know this is an OLD topic, but I just wanted to give some major props to Dogie and a bit to Mikestang to, for being excellent with helping new guys setting up their mineres. You guys rock.

I'm thinking about purchasing my own U3, and joining the ranks as a miner, but I'm probably only gonna go with one as long as the connectivity issue with multiple U3's persist.

Thanks for the great read and info.

/AsdQ89
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:45:32 PM

Hi guys.

I know this is an OLD topic, but I just wanted to give some major props to Dogie and a bit to Mikestang to, for being excellent with helping new guys setting up their mineres. You guys rock.

I'm thinking about purchasing my own U3, and joining the ranks as a miner, but I'm probably only gonna go with one as long as the connectivity issue with multiple U3's persist.

Thanks for the great read and info.

/AsdQ89
Personally. I wouldn't buy one as Sidehack is just about to release a BM1384 miner with better efficiency and hashrate in a pod form, but good luck with your miner; the connectivity issue is way bigger than it seems on paper. That's what deterred me from buying one.
AsdQ89

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:44:22 PM

Personally. I wouldn't buy one as Sidehack is just about to release a BM1384 miner with better efficiency and hashrate in a pod form, but good luck with your miner; the connectivity issue is way bigger than it seems on paper. That's what deterred me from buying one.

Thanks allot for the update. I was just wondering if another version of the Antminer U3 wouldn't come out soon, since the only way of buying one seems to be second hand from Germany. Do have any idea of when the new BM1384 will be released?

/AsdQ89
tkalfaoglu

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:22:09 AM

I bought 3 U3's, 2 of them died within a few months.
I tried different power supplies, it did not help.

Theose two devices are detected by Linux as being UART controllers, but the software (cgminer) gives usb_init errors.
The third device works well.. still does.

Any ideas what to do for those two?
Thanks!
 -t
mirek158

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:46:17 PM

Hello
I bought for curiosity and test antminer u3 and raspberry pi3 installation as per the instructions from several sites and and nothing cgminer works but does not see usb devices. QUESTION how to bite Angry Angry
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: