Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:44:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptostocks - BTC,DVC,LTC denominated Stock Exchange/Crowdfunding Platform  (Read 46047 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 12:02:39 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2012, 12:42:43 PM by MPOE-PR

My first thought is, yes, lets get it implemented, any thoughts from the community?

MPEx had free of charge transfers since day one, we never noticed a problem with it. Must have option as it were.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kumala

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 12:15:25 PM

Its already implemented, though not free.

Hacked Account! Don't send any money.
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:16:41 PM

This is the time for Cryptostocks to really shine, Great work on improving the exchange.
I see alot of new business coming to the exchange soon.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 02:54:48 AM

Its almost a direct copy of glbse....

No, actually, it's a lot better in pretty much every respect. For one, pages load within a second. For another, information is rationally & conveniently presented, there's trade history for instance.

Some day/week/month averages would probably help.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Cryptostocks (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 01:00:00 PM

New functionality release today: Offline Shares.

Objective: 
 - Store your share's offline and protect them in case of a compromised account, while still receiving dividends
 - In the future this feature can be integrated with other exchanges to allow movement of shares from one platform to another

Uglux

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 01:14:59 PM

This is awesome.
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:05:37 PM

Thinking of implementing multi-currency dividend payments, in other words, a LTC listed security could pay out its dividends in BTCs or DVC.

Is such a feature of interest?
drekk

Activity: 70

Who shot who in the what now?

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 03:21:49 PM

Great to see the exchange improve and grow.
Keep up the good work!

~drekk~

☛ GPG Key / Fingerprint: CDFF 083A 3056 7DD8 B5B9  6687 726C AB05 D6AE 6148
☛ Overly attached BitMinter miner // 4pmlIE9idmlvdXMgdHJvbGwgaXMgb2J2aW91cy4g4pm
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:21:11 PM

Thinking of implementing multi-currency dividend payments, in other words, a LTC listed security could pay out its dividends in BTCs or DVC.

Yes! Also, second-sale of securities in other currencies.  I know of quite a few people who want to buy MLAF stock, but they'd like to buy in SLC, instead of BTC.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:22:59 PM

One more thing, your shares that you own in "offsite" mode. Are they divisible, or are all your shares withdrawn as one "fund" and restored as such?

I ask because as I just mentioned, some other people would like to buy shares in SLC.  I can buy shares (from my personal account) and sell them in SLC if that's the case.  I don't, however, want to sell all of my shares to just one person.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
drekk

Activity: 70

Who shot who in the what now?

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 05:56:31 PM

Yes! Also, second-sale of securities in other currencies.  I know of quite a few people who want to buy MLAF stock, but they'd like to buy in SLC, instead of BTC.

Now before more people start stepping up with endless "Hey... what about adding <my_fav_crypt_curr>, too?" posts: Why not simply mirror Vircurex and the currencies traded there? You're already dealing with them and it might drive some traffic from CS over to VCE and vice versa if implemented nicely.

Just make sure CS keeps its focus on being a stock exchange.

☛ GPG Key / Fingerprint: CDFF 083A 3056 7DD8 B5B9  6687 726C AB05 D6AE 6148
☛ Overly attached BitMinter miner // 4pmlIE9idmlvdXMgdHJvbGwgaXMgb2J2aW91cy4g4pm
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:41:45 PM

With the recent happenings plan to follow more closely...

burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 05:33:07 PM

In light of the recent GLBSE debacle, I have some questions that I suspect need to be answered before anyone continues to use the exchange.

1) Where is Cryptostocks registered as a business.

2) Where are the Cryptostocks servers located?  (Cursory search says Texas, USA)

3) Who is actually operating Cryptostocks?  (I can understand if you do not want to answer this, however people should know if you are not willing to reveal the identity of your CEO.)

4) Under what regulatory body does cryptostocks operate?  (List here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_financial_regulatory_authorities_by_country)

5) How is cryptostocks helping its Asset Issuers comply with their local laws?  Are you giving them even a cursory warning "Issuing Securities is illegal without registration in most countries." ?

Thanks!
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:11:29 PM

2) Where are the Cryptostocks servers located?  (Cursory search says Texas, USA)

4) Under what regulatory body does cryptostocks operate?  (List here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_financial_regulatory_authorities_by_country)

those questions aren't going to be answered cause they obviously aren't registered, server location doesn't matter, and when you deal in currencies that have are not backed by any government or one entity you don't have a regulatory authority.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 08:07:38 PM

those questions aren't going to be answered cause they obviously aren't registered, server location doesn't matter, and when you deal in currencies that have are not backed by any government or one entity you don't have a regulatory authority.

I hope that's not an official response.  It is incorrect to assume that using an alternate currency gets you out of any form of regulation, and if you do make that assumption you're just asking for another GLBSE debacle.

You might be able to set something up outside the reach of the USA and the SEC to buy yourself some time.  I find it highly unlikely however that you will be able to evade securities regulations forever in whatever country you may reside.  As you saw in the page I linked, there are few countries without strict regulation around securities.

Cheers.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 12:19:47 AM

2) Where are the Cryptostocks servers located?  (Cursory search says Texas, USA)

4) Under what regulatory body does cryptostocks operate?  (List here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_financial_regulatory_authorities_by_country)

I hope that's not an official response.  It is incorrect to assume that using an alternate currency gets you out of any form of regulation, and if you do make that assumption you're just asking for another GLBSE debacle.

You might be able to set something up outside the reach of the USA and the SEC to buy yourself some time.  I find it highly unlikely however that you will be able to evade securities regulations forever in whatever country you may reside.  As you saw in the page I linked, there are few countries without strict regulation around securities.

Cheers.

If any virtual currency is shutdown, then blizzard, second life, and facebook, wouldn't be able to use virtual currencies so there are no regulations believe me. Until there is a case, that is the way it is. I am not with cryptostocks in any way.
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 01:03:34 AM

In light of the recent GLBSE debacle, I have some questions that I suspect need to be answered before anyone continues to use the exchange.

No it is currently not incorporated, we are evaluating possible locations which allow a platform such as ours.

2) Where are the Cryptostocks servers located?  (Cursory search says Texas, USA)
Currently in the USA but the server will be moved out of USA coming weekend or the weekend after, i.e. there will be a short downtime of an hour or so while the we move the database. Further announcements will be put on the webpage. This is being doing this purely out of precaution and none of us is US citizen nor do we live in the US.

3) Who is actually operating Cryptostocks?  (I can understand if you do not want to answer this, however people should know if you are not willing to reveal the identity of your CEO.)
More to this after we have solved 1.

4) Under what regulatory body does cryptostocks operate?  (List here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_financial_regulatory_authorities_by_country)
More to this after we have solved 1.

5) How is cryptostocks helping its Asset Issuers comply with their local laws?  Are you giving them even a cursory warning "Issuing Securities is illegal without registration in most countries." ?
We will not make any statements whether or not it is allowed to use our platform in the country of residence/citizenship of each of the users. That will remain the user's responsibility to check. We will be putting up a noticeable disclaimer on the login as well as the registration page.
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 01:11:58 PM

In response to the increased LTC/USD price we have reduced the fees for listing LTC denominated projects to 500 LTC. If you come up with a non-pass through and non-financial related listing, contact me, I might even be waiving the listing fee for you.
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 12:50:43 PM

New feature released: Trade-In.

This feature allows you to offer trade-in for securities that you issued, i.e. offering special pricing for your existing shareholders to migrate to your other security. E.g. you have an existing GPU based mining farm listed, now you issue a new security that focuses on ASIC mining, this feature would allow you to do something like this:
   Buy 1 ASIC share for 1BTC by trading in 1 GPU share.
While selling your shares for e.g. 1.5 BTC to people who have no shares yet.

The feature allows the share issued to define:
 - max number of shares that are allowed to be traded in
 - max number of shares per shareholder allowed to be traded in
Cryptostocks (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 03:20:05 PM

Two more API calles released:
  - get_orderbook
  - get_history_last_50

See https://cryptostocks.com/api for the details.

Coming soon, full trading API.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: