Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:06:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The difficulty HAS BEEN REDUCED!!!!  (Read 25803 times)
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:20:38 PM

hashrate rises again  Huh

wow, how high can you go Huh

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:56:49 PM

No limit here. Remember those 40% per month diff growth rates we used to have before.

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2240

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:15:46 PM

No limit here. Remember those 40% per month diff growth rates we used to have before.
Agreed, but where is the new equipment coming from and how can it run? Right now the power/hash threshold is pretty well balance so either:

a) Someone is exceptionally stupid and mining at a loss
b) Someone turned on a pile of built current generation equipment
c) Someone built a new and more efficient technology.

I doubt c, not sure about b, which leaves a.

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:52:04 AM

Ok, this makes no sense. Apparently someone added 40ph to the mining network in a space of about a day.

If that was Spoondles things, that's 25,000 of them. 50,000 800gh Monarchs.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:23:21 AM

Ok, this makes no sense. Apparently someone added 40ph to the mining network in a space of about a day.

im more interested in how much electricity needed to run those 40ph ?
were banker started mining bitcoin now ?  Grin

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:01:24 AM

were banker started mining bitcoin now ?  Grin
Simple. Assume half a watt per gh, 800gh=400 watts. Multiply by 50,000 and you have 20,000Kw. Or 20MW of power.

Hm.
Saw

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:16:26 AM

maybe its just an accumulation of many people turning their hardware back to BTC mining due to the drop in difficulty?
 Shocked
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:22:09 AM

were banker started mining bitcoin now ?  Grin
Simple. Assume half a watt per gh, 800gh=400 watts. Multiply by 50,000 and you have 20,000Kw. Or 20MW of power.

Hm.

wow...
thats like 1 small power plant  output, isnt  ?

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/09/11/20mw-solar-power-plant-for-canberra-will-be-australias-largest/

EDIT:  and if you think about it, total hashpower (which about 400ph) will need like 200MW ? wow  Grin

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:44:05 AM

Well, yeah. Someone check my numbers, maybe it's a luck spike, but usually they are not that high. On a more serious point of view though, that would also require 40,000 1,000 watt power supplies to provide 12 volts for the miners. Who just delivered an order like that?

How the fuck does that much power appear? Seriously?

As for overall, remember .5w/gh is the best equipment out today. I'm sure people are mining with crap hardware somewhere, so double your number. Which equates to most of the power of Three Mile Island. Not too much, but there....
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:03:41 AM

Well, yeah. Someone check my numbers, maybe it's a luck spike, but usually they are not that high. On a more serious point of view though, that would also require 40,000 1,000 watt power supplies to provide 12 volts for the miners. Who just delivered an order like that?

How the fuck does that much power appear? Seriously?

As for overall, remember .5w/gh is the best equipment out today. I'm sure people are mining with crap hardware somewhere, so double your number. Which equates to most of the power of Three Mile Island. Not too much, but there....

PSU, cable and electronic, i guess they were made in China, Taiwan, Thailand or Malay.  
im more concerned about the time when all mining subsidy stopped and price still in the 300 range. btw i myself planning to upgrade when subsidy halved and price of miner drop. usually ppl panic sell to cover their investment at that time, and maybe buy more btc too if it drop in price.

the fact is no one stabilize the btc price which miner should have done. this can only happen if btc somehow converted into half POS-half POW coin  like ppc, or creating masternode like drk-dash coin.
in short ppl were given reward for buying and keeping coin (creating full node) too.

confirmation120

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:56:30 AM

Holy shit - I didn't think we'd see that, the difficulty has been REDUCED!!!  Mining fun is returning!
And how it is decreasing can you explain in detail
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:47:44 AM

PSU, cable and electronic, i guess they were made in China, Taiwan, Thailand or Malay.  
im more concerned about the time when all mining subsidy stopped and price still in the 300 range. btw i myself planning to upgrade when subsidy halved and price of miner drop. usually ppl panic sell to cover their investment at that time, and maybe buy more btc too if it drop in price.
If crap quality power supplies then there should be more data center fires. We'll see. However you're right, I totally forgot about the halving, with that why the fuck would anyone develop a next generation chip at this point. No one would buy it because ROI would nail them with the drop.

Weird. Maybe people are just not rational.
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 09:59:57 AM

If crap quality power supplies then there should be more data center fires. We'll see. However you're right, I totally forgot about the halving, with that why the fuck would anyone develop a next generation chip at this point. No one would buy it because ROI would nail them with the drop.

not crazy, more likely uniformed, i mean just the other day i ask about new miner 1.5 T, 600W and cost me like 650usd before shipment and handling and custom etc. about 2.5 or even 3 btc right ? and just to ROI i need to mining for 6 month minimum.

why bother if i can buy btc today 2.5 btc and i dont need to wait 6 month ? dont need to pay shipment etc, dont need mining risk.
and we still can get more within 6 month too by  put it in bitfinex , or buy darkcoin and make masternode, or trading. this has certain risk. but smaller risk than buying miner imo.

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:45:26 PM

Ok, so the white line is showing mining speed back to normal. Which either means someone turned off 20mw of mining power or I am chasing a luck dragon through the stats. If the latter, difficulty should rise a bit and fall a bit over the next month.

That makes a bit more sense than the whole "someone turned on a whole metric-ton of systems"
noobtrader
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:11:14 PM

we will see that...
or maybe some testing of new asic miner ?

stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:09:28 PM

not crazy, more likely uniformed, i mean just the other day i ask about new miner 1.5 T, 600W and cost me like 650usd before shipment and handling and custom etc. about 2.5 or even 3 btc right ? and just to ROI i need to mining for 6 month minimum.

why bother if i can buy btc today 2.5 btc and i dont need to wait 6 month ? dont need to pay shipment etc, dont need mining risk.
and we still can get more within 6 month too by  put it in bitfinex , or buy darkcoin and make masternode, or trading. this has certain risk. but smaller risk than buying miner imo.

Most people are just plain stupid. They think they can just buy a bunch of miners and start printing money. Being uninformed is equal to being ignorant, ergo dumb and stupid.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:24:03 PM

we will see that...
or maybe some testing of new asic miner ?
Maybe, but even if it was .25w/gh (twice the efficiency of 28nm) you're talking 10mw of power and heat. Should be able to see that from space.

Time will tell.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:25:26 PM

Most people are just plain stupid. They think they can just buy a bunch of miners and start printing money. Being uninformed is equal to being ignorant, ergo dumb and stupid.
Ignorance=bliss therefore dumb=beautiful. :-)

The proper answer to this is that mining is a form of perfect competition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_competition) and it is IMPOSSIBLE to make economic profits in perfect competition. Bitcoin mining is proving this to a "T".
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 03:07:32 PM

Approximately when is BTC going to half...anybody?  Thank you.
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 03:08:53 PM

Approximately when is BTC going to half...anybody?  Thank you.

http://bitcoinclock.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: