Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:54:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113720 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:52:13 AM

Shit!
I still hold my QORA off-exchange
what is with https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_qora
There is no exchange for Qora now, Bter is NOT available since 7100+ BTC is stolen, and qora is frozen in polo, holy sh*t.

Database crashing problem poloniex

Maybe we should start getting Qora on Bittrex?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 02:59:58 AM

I'm trying to get it added to shapeshift.

Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 04:15:23 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2015, 07:28:47 AM by Tuck Fheman

I was just informed (by someone else) that this is most likely not going to happen.  Undecided

So, I'm trying ComKort.

Vote it up here ...
https://comkort.zendesk.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200755192-Please-add-Qora

DeMap

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 10:09:10 AM

What happend to the GUI source code? I can't find it on GitHub!
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 11:39:30 AM

I was just informed (by someone else) that this is most likely not going to happen.  Undecided

So, I'm trying ComKort.

Vote it up here ...
https://comkort.zendesk.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200755192-Please-add-Qora

Why not work with SuperNET & InstantDEX? Seems like a no-brainer. Centralised exchanges are going south, InstantDEX is heading north.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 12:39:07 PM

Instantdex and SN are not completed yet

And we will have the first decentralized exchange before them when the AT is live

Poll ended today at block 75623 (2015-02-15 23:58:35 GMT)

Qora members gave authorization to the AT team (CIYAM Developers) in order to proceed with a new wallet version that will launch the Automated Transactions feature on Qora.

This poll has gathered the 17% from the balances of Qora's users, making this poll to have the largest participation ever made on Qora's poll feature.
The decision was unanimous among voters showing the importance of people's voice and how their decision could lead to a new era.
With the AT live on Qora's blockchain, we can claim that we are part of the world's first "Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer" between Qora and Burst, establishing a completely decentralized way of trading in cryptocurrencies.
Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 06:35:02 PM

Quote from: shapeshift.io
Hi Tuck,

We'll consider Quora but have our hands full with some tasks for now.
Thanks for reaching out!

Kind regards,
Beorn

I hope that's just a typo. Wink

Cryptco

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

BXT BitToken - No premine - Fair launch

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 06:40:16 PM

Shit!
I still hold my QORA off-exchange
what is with https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_qora
There is no exchange for Qora now, Bter is NOT available since 7100+ BTC is stolen, and qora is frozen in polo, holy sh*t.

Database crashing problem poloniex

OK thank you for the Information.
Qora to bittrex and ComKort!
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 11:27:15 PM

I have an idea for a fully decentralized exchange that is capable of trading any cryptocurrency pair (ie. BTC/QORA).  The exchange will utilize Qora's Asset Exchange and AT (Automated Transaction) feature and is similar to Ripple's Gateway/IOU based ledger system.

Let's say that an end-user wishes to sell Bitcoin for Qora -- First, he will deposit bitcoin to a multisig bitcoin account generated and managed by Qora Exchange (name of an AT program sitting on Qora's blockchain).  After received confirmations of the bitcoin deposit, the AT program will proceed to move the fund to the main exchange account and issue Bitcoin Asset IOU on the Qora Asset Exchange to the end user.

Then, the end user is free to trade the bitcoin IOU to any currency that support the IOUs pair.

When the end user wishes to withdraw bitcoin, he simply needs to send the IOUs back to the issuer (Qora Exchange), and the issuer will send the equivalent amount of BTC to the address specified by the end user.

This concept can be extended to any cryptocurrency pair or any asset that people wish to trade on the Qora AE.

I truly believe Automated Transaction is the most powerful creation that the Crypto community has ever seen and it's going to rock the Crypto world!  

If properly implemented, I believe AT programs will replace every human operator any Crypto-related service ever needed.

As one Qora holder, I'd like to thank AT team (especially vbcs) for bringing Automated Transaction to the Qora community.

Thank YOU!!!!!!

Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 08:35:29 AM

I'm working on adding Qora to the voting on Comkort but need to know ...

• Is there a main website any longer?
  • Who should I list as the contact (will need email address)?

I'm going to use the forum thread if there isn't a main website now (the one linked is dead).

Update : I went ahead and listed this thread and used my email address for now.

Vote here (when active) : https://comkort.com/vote#QORA

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 08:43:30 AM

AT is Atomic Transfer?
DeMap

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:06:31 AM

Let's say that an end-user wishes to sell Bitcoin for Qora -- First, he will deposit bitcoin to a multisig bitcoin account generated and managed by Qora Exchange (name of an AT program sitting on Qora's blockchain).  After received confirmations of the bitcoin deposit, the AT program will proceed to move the fund to the main exchange account and issue Bitcoin Asset IOU on the Qora Asset Exchange to the end user.

Unfortunately this doesn't work, because an AT cannot manage a bitcoin address. An AT cannot have secrets because everything it knows is on the Blockchain thus it cannot manage the private Key of a bitcoin address.
calvinstm

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:13:54 AM

Unfortunately this doesn't work, because an AT cannot manage a bitcoin address. An AT cannot have secrets because everything it knows is on the Blockchain thus it cannot manage the private Key of a bitcoin address.

Oh!!! Thanks for the reply!  I have to admit my knowledge of AT is limited. *embarassed* Embarrassed Embarrassed  I was thinking that if we could incorporate a bitcoin address generator and manage private keys inside an AT program on the blockchain, we might be able to pull something like a multi-cryptocurrency exchange off.  Guess it's not possible then.  Forgive my ignorance.  Grin

AT is Atomic Transfer?

AT stands for Automated Transaction and is developed by CIYAM team.  Think of it as a scripting engine in the Qora Core that is capable of interpreting codes/applications uploaded to the blockchain.  Smiley

CIYAM team is going to develop some "use cases" for Qora after they're done with the new Wallet version.  Smiley Smiley

I think the first application will be the atomic cross-chain trading between Burst and Qora (if I recall correct)  Smiley
DeMap

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:37:11 AM

Oh!!! Thanks for the reply!  I have to admit my knowledge of AT is limited. *embarassed* Embarrassed Embarrassed  I was thinking that if we could incorporate a bitcoin address generator and manage private keys inside an AT program on the blockchain, we might be able to pull something like a multi-cryptocurrency exchange off.  Guess it's not possible then.  Forgive my ignorance.  Grin

It's indeed unfortionate that ATs cannot have/process secrets data. For instance you could solve the cryptocurrency anonymity problem if it was different.
Probably somewhere down the road someone figures out a way for ATs to process secret data.

AT team pls think about it  Wink
calvinstm

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 09:52:36 AM

It's indeed unfortionate that ATs cannot have/process secrets data. For instance you could solve the cryptocurrency anonymity problem if it was different.
Probably somewhere down the road someone figures out a way for ATs to process secret data.

AT team pls think about it  Wink

Are you aware that we also have Arbitrary Transaction for uploading arbitrary bits of data to the blockchain?  Wink  I wonder if we can use that to our advantage...

Now thinking about it, I think it's going to be tough for AT to be able to process secret data since there is literally no secret on the blockchain.  Tongue Tongue 

Even if the data is encrypted, it can still be cracked.  Smiley Wonder how it can be done...

Anyhow, I just feel that a fully decentralized exchange is so close to being a reality..  Really wish someone find a way to get it done asap!

(Can't stop thinking about that since I got lots of coins stuck on BTER, really getting tired of using 3rd-party Exchanges for trading!!!  Tongue Roll Eyes Embarrassed Undecided Cry Cry Cry)
calvinstm

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 10:04:03 AM

What happend to the GUI source code? I can't find it on GitHub!

Speaking of GUI, I thought PondSea was working on a new GUI for Qora... What's up with that?  Cheesy  Haven't heard any update in a while... It would be nice to see the new GUI design in the next wallet update..

A long time ago, I made a suggestion to qora dev that we should have a theme/skin system that works like a plugin (dynamic dlls).  But he said something like... He had a groundbreaking idea for Qora wallet.  And now he's gone...  Cry Cry

Does anyone have any idea what Qora Dev was talking about???  He never got to reveal his big secret plan for the wallet.  How SAD is that??  Roll Eyes

Honestly wish Qora dev would contribute more since he's such a genius...

I admire him very very much.  Cool Cool

-----------

Haven't checked the source code but if use a decompiler like Salamander, it should give you some easy-to-read result... Qora has a very simple GUI, shouldn't be too hard to figure out calls.  Smiley
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 10:29:57 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 11:01:42 AM by CIYAM

To clarify a couple of points - indeed AT stands for Automated Transactions (the "Turing complete" blockchain transaction solution created by CIYAM Developers which is detailed here: http://ciyam.org/at).

As ATs are stored in a blockchain (which is a public ledger) there is simply no way that it can store secrets, however, it can stored "hashes" of secrets which can later be revealed to match (this is the basis of the Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer AT).

Complete anonymity is never going to be possible with ATs but the technology would allow for "mixing" (of same amounts) that would make it impossible to connect inputs to outputs (but development of such an AT will be done after we have implemented and demonstrated ACCT between Qora and Burst).

One key feature of ATs is that they have their own account (so you can send them funds and messages and they can do the same). The AT machine code cannot be changed once the AT has been created so provided you (or someone that you trust) can vet that the AT does what it has been purported to do then it can act as a trustless 3rd party.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Vrontis

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 10:51:16 AM

Thanks  CIYAM for clarifying, as we are getting close to AT release your explanations would became much more needed in order to let Qora members gain the advantage of AT and it's functionalities.

calvinstm

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:16:04 AM

To clarify a couple of points - indeed AT stands for Automated Transactions (the "Turing complete" blockchain transaction solution created by CIYAM Developers which is detailed here: http://ciyam.org/at).

As ATs are stored in a blockchain (which is a public ledger) there is simply no way that it can store secrets, however, it can stored "hashes" of secrets which can later be revealed to match (this is the basis of the Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer AT).

Complete anonymity is never going to be possible with ATs but the technology would allow for "mixing" (of same amounts) that would make it impossible to connect inputs to outputs (but development of such an AT will be done after we have implemented and demonstrated ACCT between Qora and Burst).

One key feature of ATs is that they have their own account (so you can send them funds and messages and they can do the same). The AT machine code cannot be changed once the AT has been created so provided you (or someone that you trust) can vet that the AT does what it has been purported to do then it can act as a trustless 3rd party.

Thanks so much for the clarification and explanation!  I'm gonna read up on AT's documentation so I'll have a better understanding of how it all works.

I have one quick question (sorry if it sounds ignorant), where is this initial hashed data (ie. account used by the program) being stored?  Is it part of the AT transaction (resided in the same block as the AT machine code)?  Or is there a secret storage space where those hashes are stored?

Thanks again for bringing AT to Qora!!  Really can't wait to see the first ever Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer in action!

Congratz!
DeMap

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:27:43 AM

Are you aware that we also have Arbitrary Transaction for uploading arbitrary bits of data to the blockchain?  Wink  I wonder if we can use that to our advantage...

Yes i am.
You are actually asking the right person the right question. Why are you asking? Huh Huh Huh

Talking about Arbitrary Messages can we please get rid of this Base58 encoding in API calls.
Look at the Qora Base58 implementation (@https://github.com/Qora/Qora/blob/master/Qora/src/qora/crypto/Base58.java ) and you will see it was never designed to process large amounts of Data like a 4kb Arbitrary Message.
In fact it's ridiculous slow and memory consuming. Can we please switch to HEX encoding for the next version?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: